Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Re: Goofy's Sky School Delayed Until July 1st

^I don't think it will be DCA's ToonTown. I actually like the pier, right now, and I'm sure that I will continue to love the changes to the pier.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    ... and here I thought my opinion about Paradise Pier was in the minority here on Micechat. I love how they're making a big hoopla over something that was supposed to be "temporary". I'm not good with the tea leaves but it is beginning to sound like the Sky School will have a much longer lifespan than previously announced. Gee no one saw that coming...
    It'll be a while, but in terms of the lifespan you speak of, it's definitely finite.

The other mention of Paradise Pier being "completed" also isn't shocking news. I doubt they'll do a queue for Fun Wheel since it went through a refurb. As annoying as Screamin's queue and fastpass are they'll likely be ignored. Heck some don't see any issue with the carousel's stunning lack of any detail.
    Finite. All of it.

The exclusively-funded "expansion" wraps up next year; expansion itself doesn't. Touch-ups for Paradise Pier, as well as the rest of the park, are happening. Nothing but a drastic shift in management mentality could change that.

This will be the DCA equivalent to ToonTown.
    In terms of character-slapping, true enough. Franchising seems to be the way they're headed. That's a fact-and to be honest, I don't see it as a major drawback.

In every other aspect....false.

My point is that Disney isn't even trying.
    Are you shrink-wrapped?

• Minion

ahh this sucks but i kind of thought it was going to be delayed because not much work has been done these past weeks, Oh well not going til august so as long as its done then. I'm fine

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morrow View Post
    It'll be a while, but in terms of the lifespan you speak of, it's definitely finite.
    At some point it will come to an end. The million dollar question is "when"? Disney has proven in the past that they won't tear anything out unless it is so horrible the turnstyles rust over from lack of use.

The exclusively-funded "expansion" wraps up next year; expansion itself doesn't. Touch-ups for Paradise Pier, as well as the rest of the park, are happening. Nothing but a drastic shift in management mentality could change that.
    The days of detail simply for the sake of detail have long since passed. Now we have pastel colors on Main Street, talking fish in Tomorrowland, and a complete lack of Victorian detail throughout half of Paradise Pier. If the lack of detail were limited to those attractions awaiting a refurb I'd agree with you about "we'll get there". The problem is Fun Wheel is supposedly "done", carousel and Screamin have nothing on the books in regards to a retheme.

In terms of character-slapping, true enough. Franchising seems to be the way they're headed. That's a fact-and to be honest, I don't see it as a major drawback.
    My main point was in regards to Character placement and the need to push said Characters on the public. Just like Toontown it is at a point where the "attractions" would not otherwise survive. Disney has deemed it unnecessary to add details, banking on the sheer popularity of Goofy or Mickey's classic band to boost the attendance at failing attractions in Paradise Pier.

Are you shrink-wrapped?
    Most prefer bubble wrap actually.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    No. Not at all. It's called "really heavy rains." They kept them from doing a lot of the site work that was being done in there at the time and put the whole schedule back. It didn't affect TLM because the building was enclosed by then and they could continue working despite the weather.

There was no lack of communication at all.
    Exactly. As much as I would expect them to double their efforts, it wouldn't matter at this point. Theres still work to be done on both GSS and the new restaurant complex. The rains really did a number on thier progress.

At least for me, i'm an AP so I could just go back anytime .

As F183 said, if the rumors of a new attraction being put where Midway Gardens is located is true, then that would explain the lack of progress on the PP shops.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Goofy

thats dissapointing to hear.

• film975

Look at it this way... at least Disney didn't announce that Star Tours II and the Little Mermaid were delayed. That would've been really bad. Those two rides alone are gonna be the biggest draws this summer. I was also gonna say the heavy rains we got in Southern California this last winter is what caused the delay for Goofy's Sky School. Still looking forward to it though.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Look at it this way... at least Disney didn't announce that Star Tours II and the Little Mermaid were delayed. That would've been really bad. Those two rides alone are gonna be the biggest draws this summer. I was also gonna say the heavy rains we got in Southern California this last winter is what caused the delay for Goofy's Sky School. Still looking forward to it though.
    ^This.

• Banned User

Most prefer bubble wrap actually.
    "hope no one sees me...get freaky.."

sorry, had to add a Weird Al Reference.

Anyways...this isn't a surprise if people actually pay attention.

On top of that, Paradise Pier is completed...

for now. Other stuff will come, but the major points are what's being added, and then go back to finish up with the shops, and additional new rides along the south Pier.

[QUOTE=mycroft16;1056514739]No. Not at all. It's called "really heavy rains." They kept them from doing a lot of the site work that was being done in there at the time and put the whole schedule back. It didn't affect TLM because the building was enclosed by then and they could continue working despite the weather.

I totally understand about the rain, but didn't the announcement for a June 3 opening for GSS happen AFTER all the rain and delays? Shouldn't they have realized that the buildings wouldn't be done?
    Well Gawrsh!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    As F183 said, if the rumors of a new attraction being put where Midway Gardens is located is true, then that would explain the lack of progress on the PP shops.
    Exactly. Disney has plans for long term development and growth. 10, 15, 20, more years out. Here on MiceChat we are incredibly focused on short term. Next month, next year, 2 or 3 years. So we see something that is getting put off for a year or so and we freak out, when in reality Disney is taking stock of areas in terms of the MUCH larger picture.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Future Imagineer

^Exactly!

• Banned User

[QUOTE=DisneyGoof;1056514816]
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    No. Not at all. It's called "really heavy rains." They kept them from doing a lot of the site work that was being done in there at the time and put the whole schedule back. It didn't affect TLM because the building was enclosed by then and they could continue working despite the weather.

I totally understand about the rain, but didn't the announcement for a June 3 opening for GSS happen AFTER all the rain and delays? Shouldn't they have realized that the buildings wouldn't be done?
    hope for the best, prep for the worst.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    hope for the best, prep for the worst.
    That's what I always say!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    That's what I always say!
    It's the easiest and most logical way to think about things. Never expect it to be grand and awesome, UNTIL you get there to experience it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast