Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Goofy's Sky School Delayed Until July 1st

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    It's the easiest and most logical way to think about things. Never expect it to be grand and awesome, UNTIL you get there to experience it.
    Exactly. It's ok to be excited and have hopes and such, but don't let them become the reality for you... or you just set yourself up for potential let down.

Plus, when building things, they always hope to get them done on time, but there are always things that just can't be contended with.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Ludicrous speed! Go!

That's a bummer, I was hoping that it would be all done by my June 29th trip. It will be my two nephews first trip, I guess we won't be leaving till July 2nd. However, if it gets pushed back any more then we're out of luck.

I personally would like to see as much done by then so there aren't a bunch of construction walls up for their first trip. (other than the walls that will be up everywhere else)

• Launch sequence engaged

Waiting a month longer for the area may be disappointing, but it was clear that the heavy rains and the immense detail of the area necessitated a longer construction time. The end result won't be any less beautiful!

In regards to PP being "complete," I would say that it is clearly referring to the specific projects they had been working on for such a long time. We can't reasonably have expected them to say, "The Paradise Pier transformation is halfway completed!" when there are no new projects in the works. I can only imagine that somewhere down the line they will address the shortcomings that still exist (Shops, CS and MFW queues, and KTC).

Here's to hoping that the Blue Sky Cellar and more pressure from us MC'ers gets PP the comprehensive overhaul that it deserves.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Exactly. Disney has plans for long term development and growth. 10, 15, 20, more years out. Here on MiceChat we are incredibly focused on short term. Next month, next year, 2 or 3 years. So we see something that is getting put off for a year or so and we freak out, when in reality Disney is taking stock of areas in terms of the MUCH larger picture.
    I think most are just saying.....Disney Made the Mistakes in the first place...so we should not have to wait 5-10 years more with mistakes on the Pier when we all know they have the money to make it themed now.

I'm ok with Goofy (better than just tearing down the old ride and having nothing like the Mailboomer) but Screamin need a better Q along with the Fun Wheel, they have no excuses that those rides have as crappy Q's (or worst) than the ones at Magic Mountain

•   
    • Artistic integrity

No Goofy's Sky School for another full month? I think I'll survive!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I think most are just saying.....Disney Made the Mistakes in the first place...so we should not have to wait 5-10 years more with mistakes on the Pier when we all know they have the money to make it themed now.
    Why not? They are their mistakes and they can fix them in the order and timeline they choose. Disney has a lot of money, granted, but they also have a LOT of hands in that pie. They made $38 billion in revenue in 2010, but only $3.9 billion in net income. The money Disney makes has to go to the theme parks all over the world, cruise ships, hotels, touring companies, publishing houses, radio and tv networks, merchandising, stores, distribution, movie studios, etc. That $38 billion disappears really fast. Most of the time things are done as loans and paid back. And for that reason, they do things in chunks. The fact that the work being done in DCA right now cost 1/38 of the entire companies revenue for 2010 is insane. That is a huge deal.

Plus, DCA has been under construction for a number of years now, pretty heavily. Massive work will have been done on several areas. It's time to let it sit for a bit and gel. See how people react to the changes. They aren't going to ignore it during that time though. Smaller projects will get approved and have their own budgets. But the focus will shift over to Disneyland for major work for a bit... then back to DCA while DL sits and gels up.

Patience.

I'm ok with Goofy (better than just tearing down the old ride and having nothing like the Mailboomer) but Screamin need a better Q along with the Fun Wheel, they have no excuses that those rides have as crappy Q's (or worst) than the ones at Magic Mountain
    Disney isn't making excuses for them. The budget was fixed and the money could be better used elsewhere. A queue for Screamin' or the Fun Wheel does not bring guests into the park. It doesn't keep them in the park. Big, ornate, flashy attractions do. RSR, TLM, even the massively re-worked BVS (which will be peoples first impression of the park) do. That's where they put the money, where it would give the maximum benefit. That doesn't mean things like Screamin' queue work, of even upgrades to MFW's queue won't happen. They can get their own budgets later on. And almost certainly will. They just aren't a part of the $1 billion. Again, patience.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Blew By You

Our goal this summer is the Little Mermaid attraction. The other stuff is not as important as LM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

But PP in general IS being themed immensely! Some people may not like the direction and think its too toonsey, but they are correcting the mistakes to the tacky area it was once before. Have people forgotten the ugly route 66 area? The bland GD area? All the the bad and tacky rides? Look at the MAJOR difference they had since then: WOC, TLM, TSM, PPK, the games, the restaurants and SSS. People dont seem to realize that they have pumped in OVER $300 million in this area alone! TSM was $80 million! TLM $100 million. WOC another $80-$100 million. I mean people KEEP going on about the Fun Wheel and Screamin queues but seem to ignore the major work and infrasture this area has gotten! It takes time, but the last 3 years of this area has been a major transformation and a lot of dollars! I sound like a broken record, but we need to look at the LONG term! PP will continue to change and grow like the park itself. Just because things arent on the schedule this year doesnt mean there wont be more later on. As Mycroft said, Disney is thinking decades out! We all seem to be thinking up to 2012. In time more it will come, just have to be patient!

To get it back on topic, a little dissappointed GSS will be delayed until July, but really how many people REALLY care? I doubt most people here even planned to ride it. I DID plan to go on it in June, but its not a big deal. I'm more dissappointed that the restaurants wont open! I was looking more forward to those than this ride, especially since I may only go to the resort in June and have no clue when I'll get back.

• Banned User

Why not? They are their mistakes and they can fix them in the order and timeline they choose. Disney has a lot of money, granted, but they also have a LOT of hands in that pie. They made $38 billion in revenue in 2010, but only $3.9 billion in net income. The money Disney makes has to go to the theme parks all over the world, cruise ships, hotels, touring companies, publishing houses, radio and tv networks, merchandising, stores, distribution, movie studios, etc. That $38 billion disappears really fast. Most of the time things are done as loans and paid back. And for that reason, they do things in chunks. The fact that the work being done in DCA right now cost 1/38 of the entire companies revenue for 2010 is insane. That is a huge deal.

Plus, DCA has been under construction for a number of years now, pretty heavily. Massive work will have been done on several areas. It's time to let it sit for a bit and gel. See how people react to the changes. They aren't going to ignore it during that time though. Smaller projects will get approved and have their own budgets. But the focus will shift over to Disneyland for major work for a bit... then back to DCA while DL sits and gels up.

Patience.

Disney isn't making excuses for them. The budget was fixed and the money could be better used elsewhere. A queue for Screamin' or the Fun Wheel does not bring guests into the park. It doesn't keep them in the park. Big, ornate, flashy attractions do. RSR, TLM, even the massively re-worked BVS (which will be peoples first impression of the park) do. That's where they put the money, where it would give the maximum benefit. That doesn't mean things like Screamin' queue work, of even upgrades to MFW's queue won't happen. They can get their own budgets later on. And almost certainly will. They just aren't a part of the $1 billion. Again, patience.
    Fully agree, Micechatter spock.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland Tourist View Post
    In regards to PP being "complete," I would say that it is clearly referring to the specific projects they had been working on for such a long time. We can't reasonably have expected them to say, "The Paradise Pier transformation is halfway completed!" when there are no new projects in the works. I can only imagine that somewhere down the line they will address the shortcomings that still exist (Shops, CS and MFW queues, and KTC).

Here's to hoping that the Blue Sky Cellar and more pressure from us MC'ers gets PP the comprehensive overhaul that it deserves.
    Exactly! They are talking about the stuff that obviously been announced and been worked on since 2007. Its not saying its complete forever, just whats been behind the walls. Whats funny is I sometimes surprised how I'm now on the OTHER side of the discussion. I use to be one of the people who would say NOTHING Disney could do to DCA would make it better! Now look at me lol. But I see the progress and I'm 90% happy how its turning out. Sure there could be more things done! But there could be more things done anywhere, look at the state of California! This is a theme park! They will go at their own rate, but the important thing to remember is things are IMPROVING, not getting worse. Give them time to work on it!

• -

Seriously, everyone is crying like a little girl about the two queues. Really, that's what you,re upset abot? They're fine. Like I said before if anything at all, they just need more shade. Why not focus on the cool improvements that were made, wipe the snot from your noses and realize how much better the park is now.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Seriously, everyone is crying like a little about the two queues. Really, that's what you,re upset abot? They're fine. Like I said before if anything at all, they just need more shade. Why not focus on the cool improvements that were made, wipe the snot from your noses and realize how much better the park is now.
    Exactly, how much of a themed queue do you need for a Ferris wheel. I don't see people complaining about Dumbo's queue, when the two are very similar. And you are right, they do need more shade though.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Disney has a lot of money, granted, but they also have a LOT of hands in that pie.
    lol. If they can spend $150 million on a movie that brings in only $6.8 million its first weekend then I would think they can fix up the shops next to games of the Boardwalk sooner than 10 years out.

Mark me as one hoping "complete" is just marketing talking.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Exactly! They are talking about the stuff that obviously been announced and been worked on since 2007. Its not saying its complete forever, just whats been behind the walls. Whats funny is I sometimes surprised how I'm now on the OTHER side of the discussion. I use to be one of the people who would say NOTHING Disney could do to DCA would make it better! Now look at me lol. But I see the progress and I'm 90% happy how its turning out. Sure there could be more things done! But there could be more things done anywhere, look at the state of California! This is a theme park! They will go at their own rate, but the important thing to remember is things are IMPROVING, not getting worse. Give them time to work on it!
    Yay! Somebody agrees with me. Do you like Maliboomer Park as well? Because I think it looks nice when you walk through.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Seriously, everyone is crying like a little girl about the two queues. Really, that's what you,re upset abot? They're fine. Like I said before if anything at all, they just need more shade. Why not focus on the cool improvements that were made, wipe the snot from your noses and realize how much better the park is now.
    I feel like walking out on this limb here and saying it but... why did TSMM need a detailed queue building? Why did Silly Swings need a detailed queue? At a MINIMUM I'd expect shade, and with that shade the Victorian details on the structure providing that shade... I believe you may have a little snot you want to wipe up.

But you're right... I can enjoy standing in line at DUMBO which was originally installed with the park and moved to its current spot in the 1980's. Hey while we're enjoying "rides put in 30 years ago" why don't we also put on big hair wigs, wear ripped jeans, and talk about that new band Guns and Roses! We could all cram into a Datsun and drive to Magic Mountain because who needs a "theme park" when you can have coasters and concrete queues with chains? Oh forgot to hand you a tissue for that snot sorry...

ahh the breeze you can enjoy when you stand out on the limb!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast