Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Goofy's Sky School Delayed Until July 1st

Some depressing news from the Disney Parks Blog today. Looks like Goofy's Sky School will not be ready to open until July 1st. This is after they earlier confirmed that it would in fact be opening with Little Mermaid and Star Tours .

Paradise Pier Transformation to be Complete July 1

The sun is shining and the temperature is rising – summertime is coming to Disneyland Resort! What better way to spend a summer day than with a waterside stroll? That’s why we’re thrilled to let you know that on July 1, the transformation of Paradise Pier will be complete at Disney California Adventure park.

Disney Soundsational Summer kicks off June 3 with the opening of The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, Star Tours and “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade,” and the completion of Paradise Pier will continue our celebration of new attractions and experiences at Disneyland Resort.
    Coming in for a landing on Paradise Pier will be Goofy’s Sky School, a Wild Mouse-style roller coaster which carries Guests through a flying lesson from Goofy. Last summer, we showed you this video in which Goofy dreams of opening his own flight school – and on July 1, his dream will come true!
    Also, two new dining locations and one returning favorite will add to the excitement: Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta and Paradise Garden Grill. Pam Brandon will be sharing details on these new restaurants here on the Disney Parks Blog later today.

And Disneyland corn dog fans will be happy to know that the popular Corn Dog Castle will also make its return on July 1.
    The other depressing thing is that they say that the transformation of Paradise Pier will be "complete" on July 1st. I sure how that isn't true. The whole back half of Paradise Pier is a mess and still needs some major work. Far too many Paul Pressler era unthemed queues and tacky shops remain. The Fun Wheel and Screamin' need themed queues at the very least.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Goofy's Sky School Delayed Until July 1st

It's too bad I won't be able to ride/visit GSS or the new food area during my trip next month - but that just means I'll have to start planning another trip!

As for Paradise Pier being "complete", I view that as a "everything we have announced and is currently under construction will be complete for the summer". I have no doubt that the other areas will be updated, but it's just not their #1 priority right now.
    Follow me on Twitter: Steveo1485

The countdown is on! Back in the parks in early June!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The other depressing thing is that they say that the transformation of Paradise Pier will be "complete" on July 1st. I sure how that isn't true. The whole back half of Paradise Pier is a mess and still needs some major work. Far too many Paul Pressler era unthemed queues and tacky shops remain. The Fun Wheel and Screamin' need themed queues at the very least.
    I think all they really need is some better shade for their queues and they will be fine. It doesn't have to be some piece of elaborate theming. It can simply be a roof that looks similar to the surrounding buildings.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

-_-

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstar View Post
    It's too bad I won't be able to ride/visit GSS or the new food area during my trip next month - but that just means I'll have to start planning another trip!

As for Paradise Pier being "complete", I view that as a "everything we have announced and is currently under construction will be complete for the summer". I have no doubt that the other areas will be updated, but it's just not their #1 priority right now.
    Exactly, the stores won't be worked on until after 2012, but by then, they will probably have plans to use that space for a new attraction, so rumors say. Same with everything else. It's not really their priority right now, and they know it needs work, but for now, this will all be complete. Come on, we need a break from the walls don't we?

• Johnny and Me!

What's been done in PP is beautiful, but that leaves roughly half of it still untouched, save for paint.

• Future Imagineer

Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Eh... It's just the same ride with a new coat of paint. No new tricks or add-ons. So, this doesn't really bother me.

But, wish the restaurants weren't delayed. Family trip in the middle of June and was looking forward to trying some new food.

Yes, calsig31, some shade for lines would be nice.

AND FOR PETE SAKE GET RID OF THOSE STUPID ARBORS IN THE WORLD OF COLOR VIEWING AREA!!! They do little for the aesthetics during the day and block peoples view of the show!!!

Kind of disappointing for sure. I was hoping to get to enjoy it next time I'm there (early June). It looked like they were testing the ride vehicles on Tuesday afternoon.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Would take having a quality area over a quick insufficient fix. Make sure it's done right, don't skip corners.

I don't see why it's taking so long in the first place, isn't it just new paint and theming?
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

I'm not surprised...but I wonder who's idea it was to get people all excited for a June opening! Seems like there is a lack of communication somewhere.
    Well Gawrsh!

Now now now, don't get your panties in a bunch. Everything up until next year is stage one; I'm hearing that several "goodies" are still planned after the marketing angle on the park expires. A reformation of the south side has never been in the cards for 2012.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGoof View Post
    I'm not surprised...but I wonder who's idea it was to get people all excited for a June opening! Seems like there is a lack of communication somewhere.
    No. Not at all. It's called "really heavy rains." They kept them from doing a lot of the site work that was being done in there at the time and put the whole schedule back. It didn't affect TLM because the building was enclosed by then and they could continue working despite the weather.

There was no lack of communication at all.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "I Break Things"

... and here I thought my opinion about Paradise Pier was in the minority here on Micechat. I love how they're making a big hoopla over something that was supposed to be "temporary". I'm not good with the tea leaves but it is beginning to sound like the Sky School will have a much longer lifespan than previously announced. Gee no one saw that coming...

The other mention of Paradise Pier being "completed" also isn't shocking news. I doubt they'll do a queue for Fun Wheel since it went through a refurb. As annoying as Screamin's queue and fastpass are they'll likely be ignored. Heck some don't see any issue with the carousel's stunning lack of any detail. TSMM was shocking because unlike the rest of the land, it actually has Victorian detail. As previously stated... this whole area refurb was about slapping Characters on everything not adding a detailed character to the overall land. I'm sure we'll see a surplus of "Disney shouldn't do an amusement park" comments shortly. My point is that Disney isn't even trying. This will be the DCA equivalent to ToonTown.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast