• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile YEAHOOO!! We are coming! Anyone know about the Movie Theatres in Downtown Disney?

YES! We are coming on May 29 to June 6th!!!

So, yes, we know the lines will be crazy for the new openings bt we are so happy to be there!

The first day when we arrive, we will not be going to Disneyland (Our 7 day pass will start the following day) , rather set up in the hotel and I thought it would be fun to take the family to see the new Pirates movie down at Downtown Disney.

I know there is a theatre there but I have no idea if the film is showing. Do they show new releases ro just classic films?

Does anyone know the cost? Maybe they have a website?

Also... we are costo members are often buy prepurchased movie passes... would these work in downtown disney?

Thanks All!!!

(by the way.. are there still Sunday meetings at the Hub?)

Disney Road

• -

Re: YEAHOOO!! We are coming! Anyone know about the Movie Theatres in Downtown Disne

They show first run movies there, not just Disney ones. It is an AMC theatre. Here is a link to AMC's website:
    AMC Theatres - Get movie times, view trailers, buy tickets online and get AMC gift cards.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: YEAHOOO!! We are coming! Anyone know about the Movie Theatres in Downtown Disne

Costco will help you out with tickets, but if you do purchase them from Costco. Make sure they are Gold passes. Silver passes only work for movies that have been in theaters for 2+ weeks.

Most likely all houses (theaters) will be used for the Pirates premiere at AMC Downtown Disney, but be sure to purchase tickets early on in the day to make sure you can see the midnight showing and get there as early as possible since lines will form.

Harry Potters line started as early as 7 pm, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened for this movie.

I'll try and help if you have anymore questions.

Smile Re: YEAHOOO!! We are coming! Anyone know about the Movie Theatres in Downtown Disne

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Costco will help you out with tickets, but if you do purchase them from Costco. Make sure they are Gold passes. Silver passes only work for movies that have been in theaters for 2+ weeks.

Most likely all houses (theaters) will be used for the Pirates premiere at AMC Downtown Disney, but be sure to purchase tickets early on in the day to make sure you can see the midnight showing and get there as early as possible since lines will form.

Harry Potters line started as early as 7 pm, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened for this movie.

I'll try and help if you have anymore questions.

Thank yoU!

i am sorry to be so confusing. Did someones esle say (the person above you) day the AMC does not show Disney!

Could that be true?

We thought what a hoot it would be to see it while we were there.

As for the passes.... I am in Vancouver Canada so we travel to Bellingham Washington to get them. I have never seen a distiction between a pass and a silver pass.

I will have to check some more.

I planned out trip that we could arrive very early 1 day before and do all the things the kids want to do (Hotel pool, movie... hotel pool, pizza at the hotel pool) So I just trying to plan my days.

Hey while I have you.... We are staying at the Tropicana.... do you know any good pizza delievry places close by?

I can;t thank you enough!

Disney Road

• Banned User

I was actually down there today to see Jumping the Broom!

Well your questions have basically been answered, but I would just add if you get there before 4 you get a discount of two dollars (just found that out today lol).

And the other great thing about this theater its rarely BUSY full! 9 times out of 10 it wont be sold out no matter what the movie is. If you want to see a certain movie that day, chances are you wont have a problem seeing it. And while Kritter makes a good point about POTC 4, you will be coming a week after it debuts so it will be fine. That weekend will all be about The Hangover Part II anyway .

Edit: Read what you wrote above! DONT worry, its a first run theater so they play whatever is new and mainstream. And yes, there are already posters of POTC 4 in the lobby, so like any theater, it will be massively available and they always advertise the Disney movies the most there, but you will find any new film there.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-07-2011 at 11:22 PM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny View Post
    Thank you!

i am sorry to be so confusing. Did someones esle say (the person above you) day the AMC does not show Disney!

Could that be true?

We thought what a hoot it would be to see it while we were there.

As for the passes.... I am in Vancouver Canada so we travel to Bellingham Washington to get them. I have never seen a distiction between a pass and a silver pass.

I will have to check some more.

I planned out trip that we could arrive very early 1 day before and do all the things the kids want to do (Hotel pool, movie... hotel pool, pizza at the hotel pool) So I just trying to plan my days.

Hey while I have you.... We are staying at the Tropicana.... do you know any good pizza delievry places close by?

I can;t thank you enough!
    They do show Disney. They show all movies.

You will probably see some when you get to Costco, but there are two types of passes. Silver and Gold. Silver is only good for movies that have been out 2 weeks or more where Gold passes (which are more $) are good for movies just released.

I didn't realize you were going a week later than the movie released so it shouldn't be as busy, but have decent crowds.

Anything else? haha

I am a big Dominoes fan and I heard there is one around by the hotels, but not 100% sure.

Costco - AMC Movie Bundle=

Have you ever seen this type of prepaid ticket at the door? (Above link)

I must say the Canadian ones are so much cheaper and you get a lot more food plus dicounts for kids!

I just want the trip to be easy... no hassles at all... I have enough of them! I want to walk up to the door and they see them and know they are just like hundreds they see all the time...

Thanks.

Disney Road

Re:your pizza question, the best place in the area that delivers is Marri's Italian Restaurant, however the pizza is not as good as Naples, of course that's assuming you are looking for NY Style Pie. Marri's is rather good so you should enjoy it (located on Walnut and Katella, easily found on the web). Personally I would avoid Papa John's, and Domino's, Marri's is similarly priced and much better. Naples has some of the best pie in the OC, but it costs about double what a Marri's pie will.

AMC will definitely be showing Pirates 4 in 3D (and from the preview the 3D is pretty good. . . MUCH better than TRON), guess about $14 bucks per ticket. It's a pretty decent theater.

Have a good trip!

• -

Did someones esle say (the person above you) day the AMC does not show Disney!
    Actually I was saying that they show other things besides just Disney movies, not that Disney movies weren't shown there. Of course they show Disney movies at downtown Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They show first run movies there, not just Disney ones. It is an AMC theatre. Here is a link to AMC's website:
    AMC Theatres - Get movie times, view trailers, buy tickets online and get AMC gift cards.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Costco - AMC Movie Bundle=

Have you ever seen this type of prepaid ticket at the door? (Above link)

I must say the Canadian ones are so much cheaper and you get a lot more food plus dicounts for kids!

I just want the trip to be easy... no hassles at all... I have enough of them! I want to walk up to the door and they see them and know they are just like hundreds they see all the time...

Thanks.
    I personally have not seen them, but get it if it's there.

You can upgrade the popcorn to a medium for $1 or a refillable large for $2.

Not sure how much drinks are with a free small drink voucher, but I don't think it is much of a difference or any at all.

• Not on the Jedi Council

For pizza, I recommend this link:
    Looking for good chinese and pizza for area hotel delivery

The Micechat Restaurant forums are definitely worth checking out for recommendations!