• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile New Pirates experience for the kids? 3D Movie... Jedi Training?

I understand there is a new interactive feature for the kids about Pirates. (the website says it closes May 10th, 2010... but I think that is a typo... Maybe not --- YIKES!)

Last time we went we tried unsucessfully 3 times to get out kids into Jedi Training. Is this like Jedi Training where there take a large group and lead them into an activity?

Where is it? Are there any ways to increase the odds of yoru children being chosen?

And my 8 year old thinks there will still be the huge Screen when we get there on the 30th... when do they take that down?

Disney Road

• Banned User

Re: New Pirates experience for the kids? 3D Movie... Jedi Training?

Idk about interactive feature, but they're adding blackbeard to PotC where the Davy Jones waterfall effect is.

For Jedi Training, I always see the biggest SW fans getting picked. That means have your kid wearing a SW shirt and when they start choosing kids, make sure you make a lot of noise to have your kid chose. I've also see parents holding up signs with arrows pointing at their kid and they usually get picked. They always pick a lot of kids. And if they don't theres always the next show.

And the Screen/setup should all be down by the 13th and everything that was closed will be open by then too!

Hope that helps.

Re: New Pirates experience for the kids? 3D Movie... Jedi Training?

The Pirate's preview shows a clip from the movie (in 3D), and has 4 pirates "interacting" with the crowd, it's okay, but if you miss it you aren't missing too much. Total wait time about 30 min. for a 4 min. clip and some staged performance. It is located right next to Big Thunder BBQ at the Big Thunder Ranch.

The Jedi Training "thingy" is at Tomorrow Land Terrace. Where your kid gets to fight Darth Vader with Light Sabers, when you get to the park get a show schedule, and show up about 20 min. early. Since you will be at the park for 7 days your kids shouldn't have a problem participating (although I sort of think its lame. . . but I'm not 8).

And again. . . Have a great visit!