Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Re: More Star Wars themed attractions

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    I'd rather they just make a Star Wars theme park like what they showed in that "fun" concept art not too long ago that had the Jedi Temple as the park icon. At least I'd much prefer that over a Marvel park. I do agree that Star Wars has plenty of reprsentation in Tomorrowland as it is. It doesn't need another attraction any more than Indiana Jones doesn't need another ride.
    Agreed. I would LOVE a star wars theme park! Second on my list would be a Marvel Park. There are so many possibilities for both, so I would happy with either one.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Banned User

What is this "fun" concept art posted a while ago? Can someone post it again? Was it from an official source?

• Senior Minion

What would work well, and an extension of discussions elsewhere here on Star Wars vs. the now-defunct Star Trek Experience, would be a recreation of the Cantina Bar from SW 4.

Of course, you'd have to stick it into DCA in order to serve alcohol...and it'd be expensive, depending on how many costumed characters you put in there.

It would be fun, though, wouldn't it? Of course, I wouldn't be able to bring my droids, and Push would have to wait outside, too!

I want a Star Wars themepark....I'd never leave....have to force me out...hehe, like a force push.

Star Wars is more popular now than ever....the die-hard nerd/geeks are lifers (at least I am) and my kids and their friends are becoming nerd/geeks. I'd much rather see a Star Wars Land then either Marvel or Harry Potter (I like both, but their worlds aren't as compelling to me as a Star Wars Galaxy)

• -

Actually, if they had a Marvel 3rd Gate, Star Wars would fit into it since Marvel did have a Star Wars comic series out in the 80's. I realize that Dark Horse is currently printing Star Wars, but we are not talking about printing a comic series so there are no rights issues there. Just an issue of where this could thematically fit.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Loveofgage View Post
    I want a Star Wars themepark....I'd never leave....have to force me out...hehe, like a force push.

Star Wars is more popular now than ever....the die-hard nerd/geeks are lifers (at least I am) and my kids and their friends are becoming nerd/geeks. I'd much rather see a Star Wars Land then either Marvel or Harry Potter (I like both, but their worlds aren't as compelling to me as a Star Wars Galaxy)
    You might be on to something here. But rather than a Star Wars Land at Disneyland, maybe they can open LucaSpieland in Buena Park and move everything relating to George Lucas and Steven Spielberg (that's presently at Disneyland) to that park.

That will allow Disneyland to be Disneyland again.

And maybe in doing so that would force Disney to compete on the silver screen again too, using those Disney-generated projects as segues to attractions and adventures if they wish.

Not that I want a movie tie-in at every turn in the park. But at least it would be Disney.

I would like to see Disney turn their attention to Tomorrowland though. And do so without having to rely on outside properties to make it happen. I've always thought Star Wars was way too iconic in and of itself to be slapped down in a Disney park.

Lucas (and Spielberg) are such geniuses....they could definitely find their way to their own parks if they chose to do so. I really don't think they need Disney. And I would like to think that Disney has come to a place that they don't need them.

But that's just my opinion.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Star Tours belongs in Adventureland, not the land of the future.

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."
    Even so, the star wars universe has technology which that to us is future technology. Therefor, it belongs in the land of the future

• Banned User

Bulldoze Tomorrowland and put a Star Wars land in there. If you think about it, they could easily retheme Space Mountain to escape from the Death Star or something when it explodes and retheme Buzz Lightyear into a Droid Blasters ride. Plus, a Darth Maul roller coaster would be awesome circling around Tomorrowland.

• The kid in the back room.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Bulldoze Tomorrowland and put a Star Wars land in there. If you think about it, they could easily retheme Space Mountain to escape from the Death Star or something when it explodes and retheme Buzz Lightyear into a Droid Blasters ride. Plus, a Darth Maul roller coaster would be awesome circling around Tomorrowland.
    No. :P
    Off to the Academy of Dramatic Arts in 2013!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Met Demi Lovato at DCA on 9/24/2010! <3
    ------------------------------------------------------

• Banned User

In all seriousness, I don't think there's anywhere else in the DLR that a SW-themed attraction could fit. Having two Star Wars attractions in TL would be redundant, ya know? :P

I would love to see a SW-themed area close to ST at Disney Studios in Florida. They could have the place themed as Tattoine or something and have the bar with that infamous band we all know (I don't know what the name of the group is. I'm really bad at my Star Wars). What the other attraction could be who knows...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    In all seriousness, I don't think there's anywhere else in the DLR that a SW-themed attraction could fit. Having two Star Wars attractions in TL would be redundant, ya know? :P

I would love to see a SW-themed area close to ST at Disney Studios in Florida. They could have the place themed as Tattoine or something and have the bar with that infamous band we all know (I don't know what the name of the group is. I'm really bad at my Star Wars). What the other attraction could be who knows...
    They could do the same thing with a re-theme of Tomorrowland Terrace here. Hell, they already have a Jedi show there, so the re-theme would fit.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I love Star Wars but I never really hear anyone talking about it anymore. I barely started hearing more about it due to the Star Tours2.0 opening.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Well, something simple and relatively cheap would be to put in some Star Wars themed arcade machines in the StarCade. A pinball and a restored 1983 Atari sitdown unit like they used to have would be a good start, and that really cool video/pinball machine that was made for Episode I.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by heynow View Post
    What is this "fun" concept art posted a while ago? Can someone post it again? Was it from an official source?
    No official source from what I understand; just a fan's dream. Here's the largest copy I've been able to find:

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    No official source from what I understand; just a fan's dream. Here's the largest copy I've been able to find:

Looks cool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast