Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

More Star Wars themed attractions

It would seem, with the opening of Star Tours in mind, that Disney is truly wasting a huge opportunity by not investing in more attractions with that valuable commodity. Where is the Star Wars dark ride? Star Wars flume ride? The Star Wars themed land? I would take a Star Wars themed land over both Carsland and Undersea Adventures combined. I mean why the hell are they making Carsland and not Star wars land!?

• Minion

Re: More Star Wars themed attractions

Um... Is this a joke?

How on earth would Star Tours fit into DCA?? It fits into Tomorrowland by a stretch.

Star Tours is represented enough in the Parks. An attraction and small show is just enough. Why don't we let other films that deserve recognition and some original ideas into the parks?

• I'm a Lutheran

If they were to build a new Star Wars attraction, then the only logical place to put it would either be Tomorrowland or Hollywoodland. Star Tours is enough though, and puts the perfect amount of Star Wars into the park. I personally can't wait to see the Adventures Continue. And no offense, but Star Wars Land does not fit in with DCA. Although Carsland may seem like it doesn't fit in DCA to some people, to me it does and I would much prefer it.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

As much as I've always wanted a Star Wars Coaster/dark ride we just don't have the room plus it already has a store/ride/show I think other rides need to be made before another new Star Wars ride is put into the parks

Turn Tomorrowland into Star Wars Land. Leave Space Mountain as-is, but stick in another couple Star Wars rides.

• -

They can put a Death Star inside space mountain and give the cars more of an X-wing look. I always wondered how Space Mountain would be with the John Williams score playing.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm a Lutheran

Why not just leave Tomorrowland the way it is and keep Star Tours 2? I'm a geek and I think that Star Tours is enough. We need a new Tomorrowland before anything else related to George Lucas's vision of space is brought into the park.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Disneyland History Lover

I'd rather they just make a Star Wars theme park like what they showed in that "fun" concept art not too long ago that had the Jedi Temple as the park icon. At least I'd much prefer that over a Marvel park. I do agree that Star Wars has plenty of reprsentation in Tomorrowland as it is. It doesn't need another attraction any more than Indiana Jones doesn't need another ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    I'd rather they just make a Star Wars theme park like what they showed in that "fun" concept art not too long ago that had the Jedi Temple as the park icon. At least I'd much prefer that over a Marvel park. I do agree that Star Wars has plenty of reprsentation in Tomorrowland as it is. It doesn't need another attraction any more than Indiana Jones doesn't need another ride.
    You gotta admit, a mine cart chase ride based on the scene in Temple of Doom would be pretty cool! And they planned something like it at one point as well...

star was isn't even that popular these days.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by jon328 View Post
    star was isn't even that popular these days.
    And this is based on what data?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• keh!

um... a big NO!!! that's what.

Star Tours belongs in Adventureland, not the land of the future.

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

• I'm a Lutheran

Prove that Star Wars isn't popular these days.

Star Wars remains popular, if not even more popular than ever. And anyone, including Disney, is a fool to think otherwise. It's not just nerds and geeks either. My 8 year old nephew, who is probably raised in the most mainstream, non-nerd environment possible, loves Star Wars. He and his classmates were introduced to Star Wars from the Cartoon Network Clone Wars cartoon and they are hooked. I keep passing along my old toys from the 80's and he is thrilled. Not to mention the movies are coming to Blu-ray this fall and relaunched into theaters next year in 3D. Star Wars weekend is very popular at WDW too.

I know Disney (and the theme park industry in general) is envious of what Universal Orlando is doing with the Potter land at Islands of Adventure but they have only themselves to blame. They have had the rights to the biggest franchise in movie history since the mid 80s that is endless in what you could do with in a theme park setting and basically have only done 1 simulator, 1 show and 1 store (and the events during Star Wars Weekends in WDW). Not exactly using the property to it's fullest potential. Star Wars can support it's own park, let alone it's own land.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast