Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Star Tours II vs The Little Mermaid: Which will have the most buzz this summer?

So less than a month to go now and basically in a few weeks both will start having CM previews and soft openings and the reviews will start pouring in! And when it opens to the general public, its going to be a full on summer of long lines and waits for these rides, but which ride do you think will win the ultimate buzz battle? The one everyone will be talking about and telling others they have to do it?

And I'm not talking about which will have the longer lines, we know here due to capacity issues, FP, loading speeds, etc, you cant judge a rides popularity JUST by the line alone. Of course if one is 3 hours and the other is 30 mins, okay maybe a little lol, but I'm not talking about that. I'm saying which one will get more attention and interest from people and be deemed the better ride?

For me personnally I have to say Star Tours 2! From the very little info we got from some people about this ride so far, it seems to be nothing but enthusiasm for it! The multi layered storyline, added characters and being in 3D seems to really capture peoples interest. Of course I'm not suggesting everyone will love it, just saying the general consensus from the small pool of reviews so far is that its a hit. And of course I think many people will love TLM, but I personnally think it will be more out of nostalgia for the film and seeing a real dark ride in DCA for the first time. But if the effects and full on AAs and sets are like POTC, then I know it will have its lovers! But I'm just not sure if the buzz will last as long for TLM like it will be for ST since that will have new experiences for many for a long time to come!

But I could be wrong!

So what do people think? Will the imperial forces of the empire keep people showing up or will Ariel and her friends be charming enough to make people return over and over again. Thoughts?
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-08-2011 at 03:38 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Star Tours II vs The Little Mermaid: Which will have the most buzz this summer?

Oops, that was suppose to be 'Chat' under the header, not 'trip report'. Can the Admins change it for me? I dont want to mislead people here lol.

Re: Star Tours II vs The Little Mermaid: Which will have the most buzz this summer?

MAke it a poll and this shouldn't be under trip report....I think

But anyhoo my vote goes to Star Tours. At first the shiny new animatronics in The Little Mermaid will win people over but by the end of the summer I think star tours will be more popular. The high number of locals will make the re-rideability factor very important as well as the 3d aspect combined with an already substantial thrill factor to please all those socal teens.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• Banned User

I am excited for both, but I am more excited for Mermaid as its a new ride not just a rennovated old ride, and its more than just a movie-simulator.

• -

Hands down... Star tours. We have been waiting for years for the update.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    MAke it a poll and this shouldn't be under trip report....I think
    Yeah, I know. It was suppose to be chat, but marked the wrong header as I stated in the second post. But I cant manually change it unfortunately. And I thought about the poll thing but no clue how to make one lol. Its litterally the 3rd thread I created since I been here. But if someone can tell me how to make one, I will! I went to advance reply and still couldnt figure it out.

But anyhoo my vote goes to Star Tours. At first the shiny new animatronics in The Little Mermaid will win people over but by the end of the summer I think star tours will be more popular. The high number of locals will make the re-rideability factor very important as well as the 3d aspect combined with an already substantial thrill factor to please all those socal teens.
    Yeah, agreed with all of that! TLM will certainly be very popular, NO ONE is saying otherwise, but I think the repeatable factor is what will win make ST an instant win in this. People will be reriding just to try and hit destinations they haven even seen yet. I plan to ride it at least 3 times my first trip alone. But no, its not for everyone, I know some people dont like the 3D affect and older people like my mother will stay far away from it. But the general buzz seems like ST will win out IMO.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-08-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Oh, easily Star Tours. Both here and with the guests. Although we'll go into overload about both attractions, by the end of the summer, we will still have ST 2 "which experience did YOU get" threads and what not. It will cause the most discussion and buzz, no contest.

That's not to say AUA will be underappreciated, as I'm looking forward to it equally. I'm just excited we're getting not one, but TWO awesome lavish attractions in a few weeks!

• 60 Dazzling Years!

The Little Mermaid will certainly be very popular, especially with families with younger children. However, Star Tours will certainly be the popularity winner, because unlike Mermaid, the ride will be different every time you go on it. I think the people jumping back in line will be insane just to get a new experience. This will be a first of kind type ride at a Disney park, so it will be interesting to see how crazy the waits will be, and for how long. Let's just hope the ride doesn't go offline too often.

• I'm a Lutheran

Star Tours. Little Mermaid will be great too, but I've been waiting for a Star Tours update for who knows how long.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Goofy

star tours

•   
    • Minion

Star Tours for the fact that it;s Star Wars I myself am more excited for Star Tours as well.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Star Tours
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Also cute and fluffy!

Star Tours most definitely. Little Mermaid will be great, but with all the various scenarios in Star Tours it'll truly be an experience to go on every time because your almost guaranteed a different ride every time you go. That's pretty cool and puts it ahead of Little Mermaid for me.

Plus, its Star Wars. Big time Star Wars fan here.
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    The Little Mermaid will certainly be very popular, especially with families with younger children. However, Star Tours will certainly be the popularity winner, because unlike Mermaid, the ride will be different every time you go on it. I think the people jumping back in line will be insane just to get a new experience. This will be a first of kind type ride at a Disney park, so it will be interesting to see how crazy the waits will be, and for how long. Let's just hope the ride doesn't go offline too often.
    Star Tours never fully broke down very often, so I can't see this occurring much.

• Minion

Goofy's Sky Skool.

"Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast