Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    You joggled my memory! Even under Mondavi's management the terrace never did a tasting. It was strictly wines by the glass. The other "wine bar" you mention on the other side is, I assume, where the Mondavi Gift Shop was when it originally opened. They also had refrigerated cases where you could buy very good deli style sandwiches and salads along with beverages.

Ariel's Grotto/Wolfgang Puck has always had a full bar/cocktail lounge since opening. Catal was considered the best restaurant in DD. I have very good memories of their opening night private party.

I agree with you that for a true wine tasting experience the Wine Cellar beneath Hook's Pointe is tops. I've been there several times and they always poured generously and keeping in mind where you are it was good value.

The Napa Rose also has a very fine wine list and used to pour some great ones by the glass.
    Well, the Wines by the glass section, I think it is a modified tasting bar now... something like 7 bucks for 4 selections... but it is limited list...

If you think about it, a wines by the glass bar isn't going to work... What are they thinking?

I haven't eaten at the Napa Rose, because I am not that type of wine drinker... When ever they pair the wine with the dish on the menue for you, means you are in for a great dining experiance... But it means you have to buy the bottle at restaurant prices... that always scares me away... I don't do $100-150 a plate... Eisner and the Board of Directors of Disney can... Not me... I am smarter than that I guess...

LOL... Me? I just want a good glass of Zin to go with my grilled chicken....

Oh, one thing about The Wine Cellar isn't they aren't afraid to pour what is open... The selection as I remember it is wider than most places with a little bit of depth... Two thumbs up...
    Check out my other blog:

•   
    • Minion

Oh and if you like wine in the area... hunt out High Times Wine Cellars... They are the BEST....
    Check out my other blog:

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I think a CA food and wine festival could work in DCA. Asian, Hispanic and American foods could be featured. Fresh vegetable and fruit dishes. Plus wines galore. No reason if packaged right why this could not be a great event for the park. Disney has done this for a long time at EPCOT and could learn from their mistakes and successes to create a great event for DCA.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    LOL... Me? I just want a good glass of Zin to go with my grilled chicken....
    Try a good Sauvignon Blanc next time with your grilled chicken.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    Try a good Sauvignon Blanc next time with your grilled chicken.
    Too, light for me... I like the tannin and the bold jammy fruit as it hits that grilled meat... Don't want to over power that SB... Unless of course it has a lighter cream sauce... Then it's nice to have have some of that SB acid...

Argh... You are making me hungry...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12