• ** - OK, see only if you have the time

7 2.60%
  • * - Not worth seeing

5 1.86%
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101112132035 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Good question. The answer is no. The destination following the messenger's appearance is not contingent upon which messenger appears. Nothing in their dialogue gives you an indication of where you are going next. It's truly a surprise until you jump out of hyperspace following the message.
    Hmm, I thought I answered this. I'm having some problems getting this site at the moment.

But cool, thanks again!! Makes sense!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The 2nd G2 droid sounds a lot like Puddy/Kronk/Joe Swanson aka Patrick Warburton but not listed on imdb.com.

As for VADER.... I think I recall reading the D23 article that it was the original voice. Is there anywhere that confirms it isn't him? It also says Frank Oz voices Yoda again.
    I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere before too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Incorrect. Some clarification in ALL Lucasfilm rides (Indiana Jones Adventure, Star Tours).... the original sheet music and cues are used from John Williams' original scores but they are re-recorded to match the specific timings needed for synchronization. Other chords or cues are lengthened as needed for the scene as well.
    Same thing happened with FNSV and TLM ~ AUA.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Not on the Jedi Council

akfandisney, if you were there yesterday, about 4:15 or so, then we were on the same flight!

If might well be four minutes, but it's so fast paced the flight didn't feel that long. The new viewscreen is huge, and it was fun, and I think the new queue is a lot of fun. I gave it 4 stars only coz I wish it was longer, but that won't stop me from being at the AP preview and the opening day!

• Restless Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by knottslover77 View Post
    I loved it! Overall its just as fun and charming as the original, the only negative is that the ride is super short! It feels extremely rushed, its only about 3 minutes long.
    I saw it yesterday; tons of fun, but yes, it did seem VERY rushed. You quickly race from one scenario to another. The 3-D was subtle, and not overpowering. I loved the transitions from one scenario to another. Maybe someday they will do the same for Soarin' Over California (incorporate seamless transitions and multiple scenarios).

Call me a purest, but I loved the plot line of the original. Too bad they didn't keep one of the simulators for that.

• Disney friends are #1

Although I will be at Disneyland in the next week (or so),I would like to see a photo of these 3-D glasses we keep hearing about. I keep hearing how nice (and expensive, in comparison to the resort's other 3-D offerings) yet I have not been able to find a pic of them yet. I know it's not important, I'm just curious after hearing of their difference to the other glasses.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    Although I will be at Disneyland in the next week (or so),I would like to see a photo of these 3-D glasses we keep hearing about. I keep hearing how nice (and expensive, in comparison to the resort's other 3-D offerings) yet I have not been able to find a pic of them yet. I know it's not important, I'm just curious after hearing of their difference to the other glasses.

Regarding Admiral Akbar in line area...

Why does Admiral Akbar work in a space port? You didn't see Patton, or Chuck Yegar working the air traffic control at LAX as a side job... That never made sense to me.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    Regarding Admiral Akbar in line area...

Why does Admiral Akbar work in a space port? You didn't see Patton, or Chuck Yegar working the air traffic control at LAX as a side job... That never made sense to me.

Answer: it was never Admiral Ackbar but two other Mon Calamari aliens. They all look very similar and unlike the new ackbar puppet used in the ride, they're actually ON-MODEL.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Triggering Biggering

This is probably a silly question, but I haven't seen it explicitly spelled out anywhere.

Does the Starspeeder have different movements/motions programmed into it to match the different scenarios you encounter? Or are all the movements the same, but the video is different (e.g., in one encounter you're veering left in a pod race, and in another you're veering left to avoid a tree, but in both situations it's the same point of the attraction and the vehicle will be veering left no matter what is on the screen)?
    Reposting for curiosity!

Does anyone know this?
    I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A. ~

I got to go to the CMPs for Star Tours in Anaheim! My sequence was Storm Troopers, Hoth, Ackbar, and Undersea! It was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sing*Along*Song View Post
    Reposting for curiosity!

Does anyone know this?
    It's different movement every time.

FYI, when we rode yesterday no photos were allowed. Once we were inside the cabin, the CM checking seat belts actually had a woman delete a picture she took with her camera when she sat down. Really kind of silly.

The ride was outstanding.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    akfandisney, if you were there yesterday, about 4:15 or so, then we were on the same flight!

If might well be four minutes, but it's so fast paced the flight didn't feel that long. The new viewscreen is huge, and it was fun, and I think the new queue is a lot of fun. I gave it 4 stars only coz I wish it was longer, but that won't stop me from being at the AP preview and the opening day!
    I did my ride on monday
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    I believe it's actually these:

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Guys, if Dusty says they asked several suits if it was ok to take photos, we have to believe him.

MiceAge frowns upon any violation of Disney rules. If they were not allowed to take photos, they wouldn't have taken them (and I can almost 100% guarentee that someone working the attraction would have told them to put their cameras away if they weren't allowed to be out).

This website has been the go-to place for info for many, many years. MiceAge never took or released any photos of Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage when it was in CM previews...why would they go against the rules now?

Chill.
    I rode it Monday and was told absolutely under no circumstances was anyone allowed to take photos. Management and CM's were everywhere - Even in the morning "Talks" that CM's participate in- Leads were reiterating that if you are riding Star Tours remember "THERE IS NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED"...Of course, people will sneak pics and then one day Disney will say - "okay, no more cast previews since no one can be trusted" However- I know that MC has a relationship with Disney and if they did not want the pics on this site, they would be taken down.

That diatribe being said..."The ride was awesome!" But I'm glad I won't have to wait in line for it. It would not be worth a 2 or 3 hour wait. One small perk for being CMHusband.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101112132035 ... LastLast