21 7.81%
  • ** - OK, see only if you have the time

7 2.60%
  • * - Not worth seeing

5 1.86%
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152237 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

Haha yeah, it is pretty funny a space ship is in a pod race. Kind of like an airplane running alonside a grand prix track when you truly think about it.

And looking at that reel, it didnt hit me that there ARE a lot of scenes where you are still fighting in space as well. The ride focuses a lot on the planets, but obviously there is still a lot of fighting in the stars too! It looks SO exciting!!

Oh and this is yet ANOTHER question lol. This time a spoiler tag attached:

Spoiler
    I notice the Millenium Falcon is there which I heard about. Do you get it EVERY time or does it only come in different segments as well?

Well now we know exactly why Disney imposed the media embargo: they were gonna release footage anyways!

Just twelve hours until I'm at DL waiting to ride ST 2! Woww!

• The Pumpkin King

Wow, that trailor was awesome!

Thank you for posting it
    Last edited by White Bones; 05-19-2011 at 05:44 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Haha yeah, it is pretty funny a space ship is in a pod race. Kind of like an airplane running alonside a grand prix track when you truly think about it.

And looking at that reel, it didnt hit me that there ARE a lot of scenes where you are still fighting in space as well. The ride focuses a lot on the planets, but obviously there is still a lot of fighting in the stars too! It looks SO exciting!!

Oh and this is yet ANOTHER question lol. This time a spoiler tag attached:

Spoiler
    I notice the Millenium Falcon is there which I heard about. Do you get it EVERY time or does it only come in different segments as well?

I think the MF is like any other segment... you may get it or you may not.

And I think looking at the reel, it does raise the concerns I had when they first announced that they were filming characters for the ride. It's become more about the characters and less about the story... which has been an ongoing thing with other movie-based rides.

Before, the story was that you are on a trip to Endor and... it doesn't go as planned. You have ONE movie moment with the Death Star. Now, nobody knows where we're going... in fact, you go to several locations in one trip! But each location is very movie/character driven and not so much thanks to our pilot's own malpractice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that... as fun as the ride still is, i loved the timing and pacing of the original, and that it lacked other screen-specific characters. It was a more personal experience that kept building and building to a finale. The new Star Tours, you may get a better opening destination than the closing destination. It's a bit chaotic in that respect.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I hear what you are saying, but I think for hardcore SW fans, and I'm not one of them, it seems to be more of a 'tribute' to the SW universe and that narrative unlike the first one that was suppose to be its own seperate adventure within it. You got the droids and the death star, but you werent directly involved in the SW events. In fact, I didnt even know UNTIL these ST threads was thrown up here that the first ride took place AFTER episode 6. And honestly, how would anyone actually know that? There's no actual que to the story timeline anywhere and yeah there is a big whopping Death Star there after they destroyed the last one.

Here they throw you in as a vital part of the story and I think thats more fun. With the characters, it adds to that experience that you are really involved. Of course you rode it, I havent, but I honestly think people will love it more than the original just because you get so much more of that universe as a whole. But I understand it would feel more chaotic and the ending isnt always going to be as strong (its hard to beat destroying a death star!). But as a whole it looks like a REAL adventure. And I'm happy you only visit two planets vs the three per trip people were predicting. That wouldve been a little TOO much and rushed for a 4-5 min ride.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-19-2011 at 05:15 PM.

• The Pumpkin King

It would have been pretty neat if they still kept one of the cabbens as the Original, that way, your experiance will for sure NEVER will be the same. You could get all new destinations, or get REX again lol.

Yeah, I'm sure those waiting in three hour lines this summer would LOVE if that happened.

• Banned User

^^The only problem with that is no one except a small few of the fans will want to ride the original, at least not until they been on the new one a few times. They obviously couldnt make it be part of the rotation as the other cabins and more of an 'option', but that would slow down the line ALOT!! You will now lose an entire cabin for I'm guessing 95% out there who wouldnt want to have it. And yeah if you just make it part of the regualer rotation and all these people waiting for the new exciting ride will be MAJORLY piss to get the dated attraction with the 80s scratchy film lol.

Maybe LATER when things calm down, they can bring it back as a 'special edition' , upgrade the film, maybe even make it 3D!! That would be cool, but I'm talking years down the line. But the OTHER problem is it kills the entire theme of the new ride. Not only does it not connect with the new timeline, you litterally have a another Rex out there in the queue talking about being a pilot some day.

Hey guys, for the Star Tours 2 preview tomorrow, do we park in M&F or can we park at Toy Story around 5 AM?

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    ^^The only problem with that is no one except a small few of the fans will want to ride the original, at least not until they been on the new one a few times. They obviously couldnt make it be part of the rotation as the other cabins and more of an 'option', but that would slow down the line ALOT!! You will now lose an entire cabin for I'm guessing 95% out there who wouldnt want to have it. And yeah if you just make it part of the regualer rotation and all these people waiting for the new exciting ride will be MAJORLY piss to get the dated attraction with the 80s scratchy film lol.

Maybe LATER when things calm down, they can bring it back as a 'special edition' , upgrade the film, maybe even make it 3D!! That would be cool, but I'm talking years down the line. But the OTHER problem is it kills the entire theme of the new ride. Not only does it not connect with the new timeline, you litterally have a another Rex out there in the queue talking about being a pilot some day.
    Yeah, thats what I mean, they could have upgraded the original too But other than that I agree with it not making any sense lol. I am glad that they baisically made it a whole new ride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    Hey guys, for the Star Tours 2 preview tomorrow, do we park in M&F or can we park at Toy Story around 5 AM?

There's another thread devoted for tomorrow's meet-up but I believe Toy Story Lot is the preferred lot for early arrivals, opening as early as 3:30am. The M&F lot will open at their standard time a few hours later.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

OMG Star Tours... I... there are no words that can effectively display how insanely awesome this ride is. Longer review when I get home later... but yah wow.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here are several pictures I took today preview 5.20.2011.

The line was insane. We waited for 1hr 30 mins.

Line for Star Tour Preview

Last edited by SoCalbma; 05-20-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Wow. That looks like a painfully long line. I hope all the starspeeders were working today. One was down when we rode and it really slows down the line.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• The Pumpkin King

Wow, that is one hell of a line lol. Where is all the other park guests at?

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152237 ... LastLast