7 2.60%
  • * - Not worth seeing

5 1.86%
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

For those wondering how we were able to get this review up so soon.

Disney soft opened the Star Tours in Florida this weekend (which is nearly identical To the Anaheim version) and they made the decision to let guests in the Anaheim castmember preview take pictures. The ride is essentially open and information about every detail IS going to be everywhere today due to the public soft opening in Florida and cast/friends/family previews in Anaheim.

At no time was anyone in the Anaheim preview asked to put cameras away or not to post them, and we asked multiple suits working the attraction if we could post our reviews of the attraction and photos of the queue. we were told that the ride is already open in Florida and we wouldn't be revealing anything new. But we were already prepared to post this same information with lower quality photos we received from a MiceChatter in Florida.

The genie was out of the bottle on Star Tours the moment soft openings in Florida occured. (we also have a Little Mermaid review that we are holding until either a public soft opening occurs or another major web site or newspaper breaks the embargo - we like to play fair).
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-16-2011 at 05:25 AM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Vroom, vroom!

Cant wait untill I can afford a trip to disneyland again, And then I can wait and ride the new star tours!
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Infinitized!

Looks great!

• The Fantasyland guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    they made the decision to let guests in the Anaheim castmember preview take pictures. At no time was anyone in the Anaheim preview asked to put cameras away or not to post them, and we asked multiple suits working the attraction if we could post our reviews of the attraction and photos of the queue.
    That's interesting. I was told to put my camera (IPhone 4) away three times by three different CMs/suits durning the afternoon preview. I wonder what changed. Maybe they thought I was taking video and didn't want that to yet out. Hmmm...

• I'm a Lutheran

I can't wait until I go in August!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

As a film student who has taken 3-D aesthetics classes, I thought I'd chime in on the technology being used. The "new" anaglyph technology being used is most likely a Dolby 3-D-type system. If you've been to one of their theaters, you'd know they utilize the "metallic" anaglyph system but still keep the natural colors of the film. Also, it's a popular misconception that the 1950s used red and blue glasses! The technology used then was a less sophisticated version used in Captain EO, Magic Journeys, etc. that weren't digital but two synched projectors. Little history for ya!

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    That's interesting. I was told to put my camera (IPhone 4) away three times by three different CMs/suits durning the afternoon preview. I wonder what changed. Maybe they thought I was taking video and didn't want that to yet out. Hmmm...
    That may have been the case. I entered the show building with my camera, in my hands, in full view after seeing many others ahead of me doing the same. I was not asked to put it away once. After seeing about 3 to 4 others taking flash pictures I got the impression that the policy was not in effect. This could have been for a number of reasons. But my thought was that it was because the ride had already soft opened to the public in Florida and is nearly identical.

I was also very careful not to take pictures that would give too much away as this is something that you really need to see first hand.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

My only question about the newly revamped Star Tours is...

Did Disney keep that wonderful black lady who gives us the spiel right before boarding, with her funky hair style and warm smile???

She was classic!

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by cruisedude4 View Post
    As a film student who has taken 3-D aesthetics classes, I thought I'd chime in on the technology being used. The "new" anaglyph technology being used is most likely a Dolby 3-D-type system. If you've been to one of their theaters, you'd know they utilize the "metallic" anaglyph system but still keep the natural colors of the film. Also, it's a popular misconception that the 1950s used red and blue glasses! The technology used then was a less sophisticated version used in Captain EO, Magic Journeys, etc. that weren't digital but two synched projectors. Little history for ya!
    Uh... Anaglyph is the term for the colored 3D glasses (usually red/blue). The "metallic" glasses you refer to (not sure what you mean by metallic) are polarized lenses (Real D and the "regular" Disneyland 3D attractions, for example). To the naked eye, there's no difference between the left and right lenses of those glasses.
    Last edited by simba; 05-16-2011 at 08:01 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    So where does Boba Fett fit into all of this from what I've heard you can only see Vador, Yoda, Leia and Acbar (and jar jar for a second)

Spoiler
    Boba Fett and his Slave 1 appears when your Starspeeder goes to Geonosis. You have a run-in with him through the asteroid fields.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Uh... Anaglyph is the term for the colored 3D glasses (usually red/blue). The "metallic" glasses you refer to (not sure what you mean by metallic) are polarized lenses (Real D and the "regular" Disneyland 3D attractions, for example). To the naked eye, there's no difference between the left and right lenses of those glasses.
    While the lens was metallic and you couldn't tell if it was red or blue by looking at it, you could if you closed one eye. Also, when I took the glasses off, the screen was a jumble of red and blue lines. Just like in the anaglyph photos I take at home (I'm a 3D hobbyist). They glasses do look very expensive. And they are much more comfortable than the ones used in all the other 3D films.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

It's probably safe to say they have a new system in place which will allows Disney to change/add scenes or storylines as needed in the distant future for future updates right?

However, it shouldn't take long for the average passholder to see all of the variations (it took us just 4 rides to see all 2 beginnings, 3 middles, and 3 endings).
    When they said there are 54 possible combinations, it sounded great, but the bottom line is, there are only 11 different things to see. I appreciate the attempt to change it up, but I can imagine riding it dozens of times, being familiar with all the different scenes, and at that point 54 combinations are no big deal. I don't mean to deflate the balloon, I'm sure it is great, I'm sure I'll love it, I even still liked the old one. I'm not saying they shouldn't point out the fact that it has 54 combinations, but I'm just saying it raises peoples' expectations somewhat.

They made a big deal about the different combinations of Indiana Jones, but beyond the 3 differences in the entry hall, I don't see much, if any difference. Yes, the new ST has different scenes, yes they should do what they can to make it repeatable, but when you say there are 54 different combinations, I think people would be disappointed to realize that you can see all the scenes in just 4 rides. It makes it sound like it would take 54 rides to see it all, but that's not the case. Maybe 54 rides to see all the 'combinations', but that's not the important thing to most people.

One last question, is this a Harry Potter killer? Or even close? If they made a whole Star Wars land, then maybe they could compete with WWOHP.
    Last edited by Disneykin Kid; 05-16-2011 at 09:44 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Guys, if Dusty says they asked several suits if it was ok to take photos, we have to believe him.

MiceAge frowns upon any violation of Disney rules. If they were not allowed to take photos, they wouldn't have taken them (and I can almost 100% guarentee that someone working the attraction would have told them to put their cameras away if they weren't allowed to be out).

This website has been the go-to place for info for many, many years. MiceAge never took or released any photos of Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage when it was in CM previews...why would they go against the rules now?

Chill.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    Apparently it's four and a half to five minutes.
    That's not too bad, considering the old one was about three and a half to four minutes.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast