• ** - OK, see only if you have the time

7 2.60%
  • * - Not worth seeing

5 1.86%
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• Workin to live,lovin life

Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    While the lens was metallic and you couldn't tell if it was red or blue by looking at it, you could if you closed one eye. Also, when I took the glasses off, the screen was a jumble of red and blue lines. Just like in the anaglyph photos I take at home (I'm a 3D hobbyist). They glasses do look very expensive. And they are much more comfortable than the ones used in all the other 3D films.
    Storywise, do they explain why we have to wear the glasses within the cabin? I appreciate it when they take the time to incorporate any items we have to manipulate or wear for an attraction.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    . . . The new Star Tours was a blast. Even with just a small subset of CMs and their families, my group had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes... I am pleased to say that I immediately wanted to get back in line after exiting through the gift shop. It was an adventure, worth continuing. . .
    At this moment over a thousand people are reading the Disneyland section of the Miceage forum. Never underestimate the enthusiasm of Star Wars fans. (There is an article about them on Slate.com today--I haven't read it.)

So while the new Star Tours might not be a grand slam like Universal Orlando's Harry Potter land, Disney seems to have hit a home run. If the Little Mermaid is a home run and Disney keeps hitting doubles and singles, they may continue to beat Universal Orlando by being consistently excellent and by earning more hits.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 05-16-2011 at 10:10 AM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    At this moment over a thousand people are reading the Disneyland section of the Miceage forum. Never underestimate the enthusiasm of Star Wars fans. (There is an article about them on Slate.com today--I haven't read it.)

So while the new Star Tours might not be a grand slam like Universal Orlando's Harry Potter land, Disney seems to have hit a home run. If the Little Mermaid is a home run and Disney keeps hitting doubles and singles, they may continue to beat Universal Orlando by being consistently excellent and by earning more hits.
    You are absolutely right. Star Tours is a great attraction, not the best at the resort, but a solid hit. In combination with Little Mermaid, Disneyland Resort is poised for their best summer ever (at least until next summer )
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I still prefer the original storyline and pacing, but the new Star Tours is a lot of fun and will be a new experience over and over again. I look forward to experiencing it for many years to come.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

You are absolutely right. Star Tours is a great attraction, not the best at the resort, but a solid hit.
    You're just saying that because you're not a Star Wars Fanatic. For me, Star Tours just rose to the best in the park,,,but I thought that of the first one too before it fell into disrepair!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

For those wondering how we were able to get this review up so soon.

Disney soft opened the Star Tours in Florida this weekend (which is nearly identical To the Anaheim version) and they made the decision to let guests in the Anaheim castmember preview take pictures. The ride is essentially open and information about every detail IS going to be everywhere today due to the public soft opening in Florida and cast/friends/family previews in Anaheim.

At no time was anyone in the Anaheim preview asked to put cameras away or not to post them, and we asked multiple suits working the attraction if we could post our reviews of the attraction and photos of the queue. we were told that the ride is already open in Florida and we wouldn't be revealing anything new. But we were already prepared to post this same information with lower quality photos we received from a MiceChatter in Florida.

The genie was out of the bottle on Star Tours the moment soft openings in Florida occurred. (we also have a Little Mermaid review that we are holding until either a public soft opening occurs or another major web site or newspaper breaks the embargo - we like to play fair).
    In case anyone missed it the first time... and apparently... they have...

This is press for Disney. They want the buzz about the attraction to get out there at this point to help build up the excitement for the ride. The want tid bits to get out for people to start talking up the ride and what there is. Company after company count on, and use "leaks" like this as a sort of whispering campaign to get word out there about their product.

If Dusty and Fishy asked the suits, told them how the info was going to be posted and the suits were cool with it, its because they knew that it would get the community excited and ready for the real opening.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Honestly, if they asked suits if it was ok, and they said it was, then who the heck cares? Also, if you're this upset, why click the link?

On to my review:

Amazing. You can see where the transitions are when you think about it afterward but it's really smooth. The quality of the show was awesome, the queue was great with a ton of Disney and Lucas tie ins and the fact that there will be different story lines with each ride makes it that much better. The 3D wasn't in your face, in fact in enhanced the show (and I hate 3D in movies) and I couldn't stop laughing the whole time. I honestly consider this one of the top 10 attractions in the resort. Well done.

My only problem is going to be FastPass. Yesterday with just CM's, the line went all the way to Space Mountain's exit. How's this going to work with opening day crowds and FastPass? Plus, what's it going to look like with the Astro Orbitor in the middle and Buzz's queue on the other side and the monstrosity that will be Star Tour's queue?
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• In my laughing place

Smile Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

I can't wait to ride Star Tours. I get my chance tomorrow. I'm so excited.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    My only question about the newly revamped Star Tours is...

Did Disney keep that wonderful black lady who gives us the spiel right before boarding, with her funky hair style and warm smile???

She was classic!
    Quoted for emphasis.

Anyone? Anyone?

• MiceChat Moderator

The amazing spokesperson from the original has been replaced by Aly San San. She's throughout the attraction in CG form.

• film975

I look forward to seeing this at the preview on May 20th!

• Imagineer in Training

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    The only problem I had with your review and that of Al's update is the spoilers. That's like walking out of Empire Strikes Back and announcing that Darth was Luke's Father to all those in line waiting to see it for the first time.
    THIS. I'm really disappointed with MiceChat for leaking this so quickly.

• MiceChat Moderator

I'm having an inner duel within myself whether to give this ride 4 or 5 stars. I truly like the original better but there is something about this that's really fun and exciting. They did a better job than I was expecting but I find the fact that it's filled with so many characters a bit over-done. Also because of the many combinations, each ride is filled with transition points. What I liked about the original ride is that it flows naturally from one scene to the next (storywise). I'll really miss that about the original.

But I do love this update too being the uber star wars nerd that I am.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I don't think I can accurately put my review into words just yet as I need to collaborate with the people I rode with in order to get everything we thought in. The ride is good but I'm biased and can't help comparing it to the original and being nostalgic for the original. I also can't help but be a Huge F-in nerd and not let timeline, character and storyline issues go. That said, it's fun and I do want to go again.

Also, to everyone asking about the Star Tours flight attendant with the crazy hair, she is actually in the ride but not in her original place. She's one of the passengers in the cabin for the safety video before the ride starts.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Also, to everyone asking about the Star Tours flight attendant with the crazy hair, she is actually in the ride but not in her original place. She's one of the passengers in the cabin for the safety video before the ride starts.

Was she wearing purple? There's a lady with hair on the side but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be her or if it's some random Coruscant senator looking passenger.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast