View Poll Results: Rate Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • ***** - Amazing attraction, one of the best (if not the best) in the resort

    146 54.28%
  • **** - Great attraction, but not one of the best

    90 33.46%
  • *** - Good attraction, worth seeing

    21 7.81%
  • ** - OK, see only if you have the time

    7 2.60%
  • * - Not worth seeing

    5 1.86%
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 619
  1. #46

    • Former ODV/SE CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    102

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    For those who have attended the CM previews are you allowed to ride multiple times throughout your time window or is it a one and done?
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

  2. #47

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,357

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by churros9 View Post
    For those who have attended the CM previews are you allowed to ride multiple times throughout your time window or is it a one and done?

    At the start they weren't stamping the tickets and people went on a few times. As it got more crowded, they wisened up and begin stamping them. The tickets stay in your possession and they never took them from you.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  3. #48

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Its funny, for an entire day I was scared to post on this thread becaue I thought it was pages and pages full of pics, but instead its just people arguing about the pics lol. So a nice *whew* for me on that point.

    But I do have a spoilish question for anyone who can answer it. Its about the death star in this ride. I know you go there but do you actually battle on it or just near it? And if you battle on it, do you actually fight ON the death star like the famous trench run of the original Or better yet do you go inside of it like ROTJ? I personnally always thought that was the more exciting action, especially since ROTJ was the first SW movie for me.

    Anyway, whoever can answer I'll be greatful and yeah I think spoiler tags are appropriate.

  4. #49

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    682

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    At the afternoon session, they stamped them when you first went in. We were told that we can only ride it once for now. Since we didn't stay for the whole afternoon, we are not sure if they were allowing people to do the ride more than once. When we rode "Toy Story Mania" during CM previews, we were allowed to ride it as many times as we wanted. We rode it 3 times that day.

  5. #50

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Okay, sweet, I just got my tickets for a preview on May 24th. That's... one week from now.

    Still too long...

  6. #51

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,357

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Its funny, for an entire day I was scared to post on this thread becaue I thought it was pages and pages full of pics, but instead its just people arguing about the pics lol. So a nice *whew* for me on that point.

    But I do have a spoilish question for anyone who can answer it. Its about the death star in this ride. I know you go there but do you actually battle on it or just near it? And if you battle on it, do you actually fight ON the death star like the famous trench run of the original Or better yet do you go inside of it like ROTJ? I personnally always thought that was the more exciting action, especially since ROTJ was the first SW movie for me.

    Anyway, whoever can answer I'll be greatful and yeah I think spoiler tags are appropriate.



    Spoiler
    I don't know if this is the way it will always go down, but when we went to Geonosis, we were met with an incomplete Death Star right after our battle with Boba Fett. We flew into it (return of the jedi style) but didn't blow it up. We dodged things and ultimately flew out of it and lightsped back to safety. I really wish they kept a deathstar trench run in there for old time's sake.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,260

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Spoiler
    I don't know if this is the way it will always go down, but when we went to Geonosis, we were met with an incomplete Death Star right after our battle with Boba Fett. We flew into it (return of the jedi style) but didn't blow it up. We dodged things and ultimately flew out of it and lightsped back to safety. I really wish they kept a deathstar trench run in there for old time's sake.
    Thanks for the info coheteboy! Sounds good to me!

  8. #53

    • Workin to live,lovin life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    700

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Thanks for the info coheteboy! Sounds good to me!
    Yep, works for me as well! Thanks coheteboy!

  9. #54

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,357

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    You're welcome, glad I can be of service!


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  10. #55

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA.
    Posts
    31

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    I'm going to the preview event on the 28th, and I have just one question for anyone who rode the ride. On the old ride, I always ended up getting a little nauseous (I guess I'm a glutton for punishment). Did this ride (ST 2.0) do the same to you/others? Thanks
    Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose!

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    65

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by ComPrt3 View Post
    Did this ride (ST 2.0) do the same to you/others? Thanks
    I felt exactly the same with both versions, just slightly lightheaded. I wouldn't say it's more or less nauseous in either version. Mostly spoiler free --->You might do a little better with this one since there's a lengthy pause mid-ride for an incoming transmission. Gives you a few seconds to catch your breath.

  12. #57

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,759
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by ComPrt3 View Post
    I'm going to the preview event on the 28th, and I have just one question for anyone who rode the ride. On the old ride, I always ended up getting a little nauseous (I guess I'm a glutton for punishment). Did this ride (ST 2.0) do the same to you/others? Thanks
    If you would get nauseous on the old version, the new version is likely to do the same to you. Some have been reporting that the 3D makes them feel queasy, but I'm not sure if that was really caused by the 3D or just the fact that some people get sick on motion simulators in general. The key to not getting sick is to continue looking forward at all times. Don't look down or to the sides. Just keep looking forward.

    Of my multiple trip to the stars, only one made me a tiny bit sick feeling (a side to side rocking motion which left me feeling a touch green for about 10 minutes). But that's not so bad.

    Give it a try at least once and see if you can handle it. It is really worth experiencing if at all possible.
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  13. #58

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    If it's getting that much reports of Motion sickness, maybe they should've added some barf bags.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  14. #59

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,940
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    ^or just made it much colder

  15. #60

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA.
    Posts
    31

    Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    If you would get nauseous on the old version, the new version is likely to do the same to you. Some have been reporting that the 3D makes them feel queasy, but I'm not sure if that was really caused by the 3D or just the fact that some people get sick on motion simulators in general. The key to not getting sick is to continue looking forward at all times. Don't look down or to the sides. Just keep looking forward.

    Of my multiple trip to the stars, only one made me a tiny bit sick feeling (a side to side rocking motion which left me feeling a touch green for about 10 minutes). But that's not so bad.

    Give it a try at least once and see if you can handle it. It is really worth experiencing if at all possible.


    Nauseous or not, I will be getting on. I have a date with a StarSpeeder and I'm not missing it.
    Thank you for the tips. I will definitely use them.
    Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose!

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] New Attraction Poster For Upcoming Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
    By The Disney Ninja in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
  2. Star Tours- What's the deal and how to fix it!!!
    By Uncle Bob in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 11:05 PM
  3. Adventures Through Inner Space vs. Star Tours
    By Tom Chaney in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 06:15 PM
  4. What deserved the axe to create Star Tours?
    By ModHatter in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:00 AM
  5. The Eo/Star Tours opening all-weekend parties - Who was there?
    By Ortizmo2000 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 08:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •