• ** - OK, see only if you have the time

7 2.60%
  • * - Not worth seeing

5 1.86%
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173239404142

• Minion

Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    The whole timeline of the ride is screwy, for multiple reasons.
    1. Yoda was never identified as a member of the Rebel Alliance. In fact, outside of Luke and Obi-Wan, no one in the galaxy seems to have any idea who Yoda even is in Episodes 4-6. So why the heck is he talking about "our cause" and taking part in Rebel Alliance activities? He's supposed to be in self-imposed exile on Dagobah.
    2. Why are there AT-AT's on Hoth? This ride supposedly takes place before Episode IV, which means it's before the secret rebel base is built on Hoth. The Empire didn't know the Rebels were on Hoth until Episode V (Empire Strikes Back), then attacked with AT-AT's.
    3. Chewie probably wasn't on Kashyyyk anymore when this ride takes place. Since the Rebel Alliance is already established, the ride occurs pretty close to the start of Episode IV. That means Han Solo and Chewie were already partners and getting into trouble, so he would probably be flying around the galaxy in the Millenium Falcon and not smashing into Starspeeder windshields.
    4. The giant ships in the battle over Coruscant are an outdated model - why are they there? The ships are the type seen in Episode III, which were supposed to be the predecessors to Star Destroyers, the same way clone trooper uniforms were predecessors to Stormtrooper uniforms. We clearly see modern Star Destroyers at the start of the ride, so why would the Empire have the old models used in battle over its capital planet (Coruscant)? And they aren't rebel ships, because the rebel fleet has never included them at any point.
    Hoth answer could be related to this, though the timing is off a pinch: Battle of Hoth (0 BBY) - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

I think some Star Wars fans have chosen to handwave Coruscants' battle as essentially the activity of a Clone War Recreation society.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Jedi Knight

I rode Star Tours 3 times last week and twice this week. Each time I got on it was Storm Troppers, Kashyyyk, Leia, and lastly Boba/Vader. I told myself if it was Kashyyyk again I wasn't going to ride it again...It was the same one. (But I'm going to keep riding ) Has anyone else gotten the same one over and over? I thought it was supposed to be "different everytime".

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I have too. My first 5 times were all Tatooine pod race and Boba Fett astroid field. Since then I've gotten Kashyyyk once and Coruscant once and Naboo three times (which I dont mind, its the best one). My goal is to now get Hoth and then I'll stop caring about what I get lol never seen Yoda either.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    The whole timeline of the ride is screwy, for multiple reasons.
    1. Yoda was never identified as a member of the Rebel Alliance. In fact, outside of Luke and Obi-Wan, no one in the galaxy seems to have any idea who Yoda even is in Episodes 4-6. So why the heck is he talking about "our cause" and taking part in Rebel Alliance activities? He's supposed to be in self-imposed exile on Dagobah.
    2. Why are there AT-AT's on Hoth? This ride supposedly takes place before Episode IV, which means it's before the secret rebel base is built on Hoth. The Empire didn't know the Rebels were on Hoth until Episode V (Empire Strikes Back), then attacked with AT-AT's.
    3. Chewie probably wasn't on Kashyyyk anymore when this ride takes place. Since the Rebel Alliance is already established, the ride occurs pretty close to the start of Episode IV. That means Han Solo and Chewie were already partners and getting into trouble, so he would probably be flying around the galaxy in the Millenium Falcon and not smashing into Starspeeder windshields.
    4. The giant ships in the battle over Coruscant are an outdated model - why are they there? The ships are the type seen in Episode III, which were supposed to be the predecessors to Star Destroyers, the same way clone trooper uniforms were predecessors to Stormtrooper uniforms. We clearly see modern Star Destroyers at the start of the ride, so why would the Empire have the old models used in battle over its capital planet (Coruscant)? And they aren't rebel ships, because the rebel fleet has never included them at any point.

HOWEVER, since the original Star Tours doesn't make any sense in the Star Wars canon, these disputes really don't bother me. All of my complaints are very minor, and overall I think the ride is amazing. To me, it is now a top 5 DLR attraction.

1. Agree with you on this. Yoda should be in hiding. They originally wanted to have Bail Organa but Jimmy Smits wasn't available and was thus replaced by Admiral Ackbar.

2. Hoth is in the ride because George Lucas wanted it. It's one of the highlights of the entire Star Wars Saga and said "it's Disneyland, who cares?" Also on C-3PO's panel in the queue, the imagineers snuck some wording on there that says "Flux Cap" referring to the thing that makes all time travel possible.

3. The wookiee that crashed onto our windshield is not Chewbacca. Are you saying that all wookiees look the same? hehe

4. Ep3 battle over Coruscant is another fun battle and had to be included for variety's sake. The galaxy is also large so it could have taken years before the entire fleet transitioned into the new Star Destroyers that we're used to. I paid it no mind.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173239404142