• *** - Good attraction, worth seeing

21 7.81%
  • ** - OK, see only if you have the time

7 2.60%
  • * - Not worth seeing

5 1.86%
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast

Re: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Views and Reviews

Hold up. CMs didn't take these photos, dude.

Fishbulb and Dustysage, who were INVITED by CMs did. So please stop insinuating that somebody willingly put their job on the line by physically taking photos and releasing them officially on MiceChat.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    Fishbulb and Dustysage, who were INVITED by CMs did. So please stop insinuating that somebody willingly put their job on the line by physically taking photos and releasing them officially on MiceChat.
    Um, okay, if the pictures were taken in Anaheim, the "no photography" signs are clear, as are the CM's exclaiming it. There have not yet been soft openings in Anaheim. I was there on Sunday morning.

Back to my point, I'm not exclusively referring to pics here, and not even referring to the pics by Fishbulb and Dustysage. The fact is CM's takign pics and posting them simply lacks integrity. Plain and simple. And several of them have.
    Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 05-17-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Alright, give us an example of one CM who did so. All of which was leaked so far was taken by friends or family of cast members or those at the soft openings of ST2 at DHS. So guests are lacking integrity, not CMs.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

MOD NOTE:

Ladies and gentlemen... this thread is for the expressed purpose of reviews of the attraction. If you have any other comments or concerns, please take them to PM or elsewhere and do not continue to derail this thread, since it has already been talked about earlier in the thread that Dusty and Fishbulb asked about taking pictures and using them and were told by suits at the attraction that it was ok, most likely to get some free publicity and buzz going for the new attraction. Continued discussion that is not a review will be subject to removal from the site.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Bottom line is that your going to have people break the rules. BFD. Sorry but if it was such a HUGE problem then the videos and pictures would be taken down. Give it a rest. Complaining about people breaking the rules is not going to stop them from taking pictures or videos.

Back on topic, I think the ride seems short. Listening to the audio for the attraction it seems to me that it goes by really quickly. I hope Im wrong.

Really? The audio I've heard is at least 4 and a half minutes long.

• Banned User

Yeah we have to move on now. We all get what RiversofAmerica is saying, but A. We dont even have proof its a CM who did it and B. The damage has been done. Cant unring a bell, especially in the internet world.

I actually give Disney credit for keeping it this secret for sooooo long! I mean normally, there would be a soft opening weeks before an attraction officially opens anyway and it would all be out by now. I think they want to keep this attraction secret and 'special' which I think is great. But looking back at some of the reaction to TLM so far, it basically proves people will still have their own reaction to the thing regardless how much info is out there before hand. That and the fact posting a pic a week before the opening vs a week after the opening wont really stop people from going eitherway. But I respect the rules of course!

And getting back OT, for people who have rode it obviously, can people give their opinion of what destination do they hands down see as the best one? Obviously opinions will vary, I'm just curious which one seems like the biggest home run? No spoilers, just a one word answer is fine!

• DLR Cast Member

Okay okay, I said my peace. I don't think it's appropriate to post to other threads or sites that might have cm pics. A mod has asked to let it go. Let's respect that and so exactly that shall we? I'll be the first to apologize and comply.

Regarding WorldDisney's question of what the best destination is, that's a bit subjective. I have had the ability to see every single element that makes up the combinations, so here's me two cents:

Naboo, Hoth, and Kashyyyk in that order. My least favorite was Tatooine. Not because I have an aversion to pod racing or anything, but because that was the one that was most expected, so I wasn't as sprurpised as I was by the others. Plus, we've all seen the podracing on our dvd players numerous times, and have an expectation of what's going to happen. Not so with the other destinations. Also, my favorite messenger was Yoda, and my favorite intro is Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    Really? The audio I've heard is at least 4 and a half minutes long.
    Yeah Idk why. Maybe because its been awhile since I have been on the ride. I really didnt enjoy riding it before they refurbish it. It was just to outdated. I was glad they announced a refurb.
    But yeah maybe its because its been so long.

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Quick question, has the woman from the original safety spiel returned? If so, is the whole video there, or just a snippet?

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1313Imagination View Post
    Quick question, has the woman from the original safety spiel returned? If so, is the whole video there, or just a snippet?
    SPOILER ALERT:

I think she makes a cameo in the preflight video. Some others have said it's not her. If it is her, it's not obvious, but it's a nice homage.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Regarding WorldDisney's question of what the best destination is, that's a bit subjective. I have had the ability to see every single element that makes up the combinations, so here's me two cents:

Naboo, Hoth, and Kashyyyk in that order. My least favorite was Tatooine. Not because I have an aversion to pod racing or anything, but because that was the one that was most expected, so I wasn't as sprurpised as I was by the others. Plus, we've all seen the podracing on our dvd players numerous times, and have an expectation of what's going to happen. Not so with the other destinations. Also, my favorite messenger was Yoda, and my favorite intro is Darth Vader.
    Thanks! And yeah I know it will be subjective (in fact a poster in this thread said Kashyyyk is one of their worst lol) but I figure if enough people answer, maybe there will be a consensus of some kind. I cant wait until we get public reviews pooring in. Not too surprised about Tatooine. Because yeah like you said people are use to the pod racing (and its funny how it was that segment was suppose to be the highlight of that movie) and its probably the least battle segments vs the others I imagine. I'm still excited to see it! Hell I'm excited to see them all!!

Oh which reminds me of another question (sorry), but when you see the messenger like Yoda, Leia, etc, do they send you to a specific planet everytime? I assume no since that technically means they arent random. But if they dont, are they given different dialouge for each planet they send you too or is it a vague message and you are just given coordiantes or something?

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    when you see the messenger like Yoda, Leia, etc, do they send you to a specific planet everytime?
    Good question. The answer is no. The destination following the messenger's appearance is not contingent upon which messenger appears. Nothing in their dialogue gives you an indication of where you are going next. It's truly a surprise until you jump out of hyperspace following the message.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

someone post there ride
    He my

Darth Vader
    Kashyyk
    Death star
    Princess leia
    astor dog fight with boba Fett
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010