Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

How would you decorate Disneyland?

This is my time of year that I decorate for Christmas. I love to decorate. Now I love the decorations that have been put around the park for the holidays. But we know that while some parts of the park look well decorated, NOS and Main Street, there are some parts that don't have much, principally Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

How would you do it?

I would love to decorate Tomorrowland with a lot of color. I think that the blue and white color of TL is boring. I think that above ride entrances some Holiday decorations would be appropriate. But what? I thought about it and think that a star theme would do fit. Maybe a six pointed star so that it did not look like the forth of July. Then maybe make them shooting stars, with long tails, which would refer to movement (something I connect to the future). I set behind the stars a theme of deep purple and burgundy. Both cool in tone to fit with all the blue in TL. The purple and burgundy would be shiny, perhaps with silver sprinkled in to add more sparkle. The stars would be silver too. I would love to use some lights from behind the stars, but I don't think DL would budget for that.

As to Fanstasyland, I have thought hard how to make this special. Since the "land" is about fantasy, I thought that a fairy theme might fit. Maybe tiny fairies laying bows on the door posts and ride entrances. Make the bows pastels. Maybe some glitter to simulate pixie dust. I would again love to use lights. I would use those optical light strands so that only the end of the strand is lit up. So bows, pixies, glitter, and sparkling lights would be my holiday decorations for Fantasyland.

Where would you decorate and with what?

I want to do something with coconuts in Adventureland...

(I know... Stop snickering...)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Re: How would you decorate Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Excellent thread, JCF.

I'd love to project shooting stars on Space Mountain. And, I'd bring back the snow fairies to the hub. I miss them!
    Cool idea.

Why not in Space Mountain? I'd love to see a Space Mt. Holiday overlay. Instead of stars, project snowflakes and synch 'Sleigh Ride' up as the soundtrack. Make the first part of the ride Santa's Garage and a build-up to the final blast-off on Christmas eve to deliver presents to children around the world.

Yeah, it would become an extremely devisive attraction...

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I've also wanted to see a holiday overlay for POTC.

Ho, Ho, Ho, Ho, A Santa's Life for Me!

And, the pirates could be redressed as elves, and instead of lighting the town on fire, they'd be painting it with snow!

Ya know, this thread would make an interesting Photoshop game......

• Disney Nazi

I would love to blanket Mainstreet in snow and icicles from the awnings, it would be magical ..... and of course totaly impractical but who cares !
    "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I would like fake snow in the fantasyland planetrs and top of the buildings like in DLP's fantasyland

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockinNRollin
    I would like fake snow in the fantasyland planetrs and top of the buildings like in DLP's fantasyland
    I think it would be nice to have some snow on all the roof tops on Main Street. For Tomorrowland, I would use high tech things to create a memorable and stunning virtual Christmas atmosphere. Perhaps on Main Street, you can board "a carrage for two" while white horses sleigh you around and the instrumental music for "sleigh ride" is playing in the background.

For Toon Town I would have the thing covered completely in fallen snow and there would be cartoonie snow men and other christmas figures and decorations with a slight toon town touch all around.

Then I would replace the captain on the battling pirates ship on the POTC ride with an angry Santa Claus (okay so I am joking about that )

• :)

why not a holiday overlay for the entire park? Just put REAL snow machines all over the park, turn ROA into ice...it'll look so great, brown icky ice.."reindeer sleigh rides down main st."

perfect, Disney just need a couple billion dollars for the real snow machines and the decorations...

• Minion

I would plaster every inch of the park with giant posters of Michael Eisner in a santa hat. That way the park attendees will be so disgusted and flee in horror, leaving the whole park to me!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MSEPForever
    I would plaster every inch of the park with giant posters of Michael Eisner in a santa hat. That way the park attendees will be so disgusted and flee in horror, leaving the whole park to me!!!!
    First I would throw a tomato at Eisners face on all of the posters, then laugh, then run.

• Minion

But none the less you would run ... and leave the park to MEEEEEE!!!! Mwa hahahahahah

• Minion

Now all I must do is find a printer brave enough to print such a grotesque portrait...any suggestions?

• Minion

hmmmm....it would appear that I have killed another thread

• Banned User

I think Fake snow everywhere would be great(except tommowland and adventureland). In fantasyland i think the fairy theming would be great. In tomorrowland I would add red and green rope lights on tghe edges and corners of buildings. I would put garland on the trains and a Wreath on the engines pilot beams. I think the Space mountain holiday is a great Idea with snow projections all about tomorrowland also. I would also think of making a matterhorn holiday by redoint the inside ice caves and make it like Santa's Workshop(you may have to put the Skybuckets back in to get rid of that Ice grotto. Alsao durring Christmas they could add a sleigh and 8 thiny reindeer from the ropes to go around the park[ each set of two reindeer would be like one chair and the sleigh would follow themas if it were one chair])
    PS I and mad theat they didn,t put the christmas decorations on the castle this year. They just couldn't remove the 50th tapestries and banners or put on garland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast