Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Great! Thanks for shattering my dreams!

Everytime I visited there no waves were being created. The lake is so dead and dull that is why I was surprise when I saw the waves.
    Last edited by aralechn; 03-10-2005 at 03:26 PM.

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

How bout drain it, fill it with coral and other salt water creatures and build an elaborate maze of under water walk ways thus turning it into an Aquarium...celebrating the sea life off the california coast. Not to mention it would be educational. Couple Dolphins would be nice....heh
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aktiv8
    Everytime I visited there no waves were being created. The lake is so dead and dull that is why I was surprise to see it.
    It is more of a reflecting pool...
    Check out my other blog:

try a nightime water show like this
    http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=798

I really can't see that great of an attraction going out on that lake, nothing too interesting I mean it's not like your circling an island or anything, they just have it there for atmosphere and surfers and people would ruin it

but a nightime show would be terrific

• Reaver of Souls

The waves were shut down fairly early on, and even at the beginning, they were more like the waves in a bay than real waves. They would sometimes splash against the wall next to the launch area of Screamin, though. I got wet one of the times I rode it on the AP preview day. Not that it bothered me, but maybe that's part of the reason they shut it down...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Cowboy Jack

Why not make it like a real pier and have some sea lions or some sea otters swimming around in there, now that would be pretty sweet.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by flatfnder
    Why not make it like a real pier and have some sea lions or some sea otters swimming around in there, now that would be pretty sweet.
    That would be the best!!!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• What have I done?

I dont believe people in the lake would ruin the atmosphere, but it would be nice for a laser (like back in the day at the hotel) or light show.

I agree with Jspider they should do a Mermaid attraction there. IN the Anaimation Building (the greatest attraction in DCA) they have a mere sampling of what could have been a fantastic voyage "under the sea" with Ursula and the rest. Who knows what the future holds for that park though?

"This guy!"

• Reaver of Souls

With the chemicals and treatments they put in that water to keep it clean? The sea lions would need biohazard suits to swim in it...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    With the chemicals and treatments they put in that water to keep it clean? The sea lions would need biohazard suits to swim in it...
    Hmm good point maybe thats why they dont have people in there either. Ah well! Seemed like a fun idea at first.

"This guy!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Plus Sea Lions and Sea Otters are protected... So you would need an animal protection staff... That is why I think if you have an Aquarium style attraction you can keep the animals in their natural habitat... Even though these would have been raised in captivity and cannot be returned to the wild...

Plus you can have the flying whales from Fantasia 2000 in a film display area...
    Check out my other blog:

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Personally I think they should put in a water show like at Bellagio. That way it can entertain day or night (for those few night hours they're actually open.)

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

Quote Originally Posted by HarajukuBoy
    Personally I think they should put in a water show like at Bellagio. That way it can entertain day or night (for those few night hours they're actually open.)

Cool idea! I second that.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Knwoing TDA they wont put any rides or show in that lake or puddle. Its more of the themeing aspect of the park. But i would suggest that they would put something mor animated or some movement in that sucker. Its DEAD.. well except for bird crap island...hahaha put some mini boats with sails or disney crusie ship floating around or like a small island in the middle thats kinda like what they have in the canal boats with some movement on the island....Anything to make it more active....please
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I think Kevin Yee's column of 3/8 goes a very long way to illustrating how some recent changes to the parks (particularly DCA) miss the mark. Uncle Walt offered the opportunity (via total immersion) for guests to experience otherwise impossible scenarios. He didn't create Main Street USA as contempory, but as 1902. He made it possible to "go back again." Frontierland was a place where we could live the early days of America. Tomorrowland was unique in that it present a reality that was yet to come. You get the idea. The point is that he created "worlds" that existed only at Disneyland. Whether because they were historical, fancifull, exotic or futuristic.

Now...on topic regarding DCA. There isn't much there that can't seen somewhere else. DCA's Hollywood may be cleaner and more compact than the real thing, but it's nothing unique. Why not do Hollywood in the 1920's instead. That is unique and something that cannot be experienced anywhere else. Condor Flats comes close. The PP area is just not anything special. Re-theming to a boardwalk in the 30's would create a more Disney-like experience.

As for the lake, that's a large unused body of water! OK..if we're stuck with the California theme...how about recognizing the Navy's presence in Calif. Stick a real submarine or Naval vessale in the water and let people come aboard. I know there are enough restaurants already, but this would create an opportunity for an interestingly themed eatery. I also think people would have some fun piloting their own small boats or paddle boats. Some A,B & C class attractions. That lake is just waiting to be played-with.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast