Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Toad Hall

Post What attractions at DLR would you like to see have a Interactive Queue

With the completion of the Haunted Mansion queue in WDW what other places in DLR would you like to see a queue of that magnitude. I really did like the new queue at Haunted mansion and hopefully the bring some of that to california. I was also thinking maybe a few new interactive things in the Indy queue since it will most likely go down for some refurb in the next few months. Also do you think that splash mountain will get some new things in the queue or in the ride when it opens in next few weeks?
    <font size=4> </font>

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: What attractions at DLR would you like to see have a Interactive Queue

I would prefer they fix the one we already have (Indiana Jones) before thinking about building new ones.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have only seen video of the new interactive queue at Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion. I think that an interactive queue could have a positive benefit in a ride that might have a longer line. Rides like Toy Story Midway Mania pop into my mind immediately. It would make the experience a whole lot more enjoyable if there were something to do rather than just slowing weaving through a line for forty, or so minutes. That was how long I waited the last time I rode the ride.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

If anything like WDW Haunted Mansion, then nothing. Sorry but I hate what they've done there. If like Indy, then I think Space Mountain could work. Splah too.

if u hate interactive cues do interact with them lol

• -

Astro Orbiter. However, I think the interaction in that queue should consist of taking an elevator up the rocket gantry to the load platform on top of the Peoplemover station.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I would prefer just interesting queues in some of the attractions where it's just really bare (Screamin' leaps to mind). Doesn't have to be interactive.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have only seen video of the new interactive queue at Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion. I think that an interactive queue could have a positive benefit in a ride that might have a longer line. Rides like Toy Story Midway Mania pop into my mind immediately. It would make the experience a whole lot more enjoyable if there were something to do rather than just slowing weaving through a line for forty, or so minutes. That was how long I waited the last time I rode the ride.
    I would have to agree! TSMM has a bad queue except for Mr. Potato Head.

I think I prefer a great themed queue over an interactive one if that makes sense. Interactive doesn't instantly mean it's great.

And Indy has the best queue when it's working. I can't speak for Expedition Everest as I've never been on it in person, but from the videos I've seen, it looks great. Same with the new Star Tours... but Star Tours may have the combination of both interactive and great theme.

• Cunning infiltrator

It all depends on the theme and background.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Considering we spend more time in the queue than on the rides themselves, I would have to say all of them. I think when Disneyland opened a 15 min. wait was considered long, now I'm grateful if the line is "only" 15 min. long.

I think all the queues should be like "Tarzan's Treehouse" (which is a long queue without a payoff either way).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Astro Orbiter. However, I think the interaction in that queue should consist of taking an elevator up the rocket gantry to the load platform on top of the Peoplemover station.

*rolls eyes

Yeah I totally agree with you too. It'd be great to actually focus on the other plain, switchback queues (ex. Screamin' or the first part of Autopia) and make it more interesting. Make sure that all the queues are equal first and then upgrade the desired ones. Just my idea.
    And I think to myself: What a wonderful (Disney) World

Blog: http://stventurer.blogspot.com/

• Toad Hall

Yeah i would like to see some of the queues like screamin and TSMM get more done than switch back the whole way. I kind of wished the stuck Mr Potato head more at the end or middle then at right at the beginning as most of the time you can only enjoy for a brief second. Also monsters inc needs a way better queue then again you only barely walk through it anyways and just hop on the ride. haha
    <font size=4> </font>

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

I think the most fun one would be Splash Mountain... not necessarily because it needs it, but because there is a huge potential of innovation there around that theme. Everything would need to feel like it was a simple element from that period, but, of course, behind the scenes you could do amazing things using technology. One thing would be a bit of a Rube Goldberg type effect with the items on the wall.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

I agree with a lot of you. If they do it right, a better themed queue for the Paradise Pier attractions would be just wonderful. At the moment, they are very boring.
    I really really really hope they don't use the Haunted Mansion queue from WDW in Disneyland. It doesn't make any sense in the beginning where the scary part's supposed to be. I would love for them to make the queue more detailed though!
    An interactive queue for the Jungle Cruise would be cool. Think of all the gags they would put in there!
    Snow White could also have a fun queue, with guests inside of the cottage. Kids could make bubbles appear from the spout of the tub by working the pump or watch some of the animals clean up the place. It would lead right into the first scene of the ride well. But I guess Snow White doesn't really need a queue.
    One queue that is really boring, at least to me, is Soarn' over California. They ought to put something there to look at or do while the guests are just sitting there after they turn into concourse A or B. Though I don't know what the Disney folks could put in there though...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast