Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Infinitized!

Future Dark Crystal attraction?

Anybody up for a Dark Crystal attraction to tie-in with the upcoming sequel, The Power of the Dark Crystal, that will be released in 2007 by Disney?

• Banned User

Re: Future Dark Crystal attraction?

I didnt know Disney is involved in the Dark Crystal sequel?

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    I didnt know Disney is involved in the Dark Crystal sequel?
    I posted a little blurb I saw on Cinescape and it's in the Entertainment section. IMDB also has a listing for it although it says it's coming out next year. Cinescape says it's coming out in 2007.

• Disney Nazi

That would be totally cool as a dark ride .... that movie used to give me nightmares as a littlein ..... oh if they could only join it with a Labyrinth ride I would have my Christmas wish .... okay that and world peace ..... oh and maybe some more Shag art for the house.
    "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

• Koubu Pilot

I loved that movie back when I was a kid. Disney must really be trying to get into the epic fantasy genre. First Narnia, now this. At least when Disney bought the Muppets, they're focusing on more than just Kermit and the gang (not that it's a bad thing). As long as Elmo stays away from Disneyland! Maybe the old Motorboat Cruise area has enough room for a Dark Crystal attraction? It might be odd having a monorail passing through the area with the freeways of the Autopia, though. It would definitely belong in Fantasyland. Anyone have ideas as to where it could fit in at DCA?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I've never even heard of The Dark Crystal...

Also, I just skimmed IMDB to see what this is all about, and I was reading on the IMDB boards that Disney doesn't own the rights to this film... Only the Muppets and Bear in the Big Blue House. I guess Disney doesn't have access to The Creature Shop. Not sure on who actually owns the rights though... I don't think we'll get a Dark Crystal ride anytime soon if these people are right..
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 11-30-2005 at 07:48 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• șoș Tom șoș

Given the choice of a Narnia attraction or Dark Crystal I would lean more towards Narnia, but I doubt that we will ever see either so its all hypothetical.

Dark Crystal while amazing doesn't hold a candle to Labryinth, because David Bowie owns your soul and you didn't even know it!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Thats such an amazing movie! Wow, a sequel after all this time? Excitement!!!!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

...what is the Dark Crystal?

• Huh?

Jim Henson Company still owns all rights to The Dark Crystal. That was the plan when the Muppets were sold: to turn the company into a company that focuses on Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

It'd be a possibility to sell theme park rights, but since the Cinescape article had that big error, don't count on anything.
    -Tim

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    It'd be a possibility to sell theme park rights, but since the Cinescape article had that big error, don't count on anything.
    Cinescape is one the least creditable sources for movie news, they will print the most loosly based rumors.

Henson Studios or whatever they are calling themselves now, had purchased the rights to many very mature dark fantasy, sci-fi and anima properties and are in preproduction on multiple projects but they are still a little butt hurt over the cancellation of Farscape which was there pet project.

I would agree that based on there recent finacial connections via the Muppets to Disney that ruling out future relationship for liscensing is not out of the question and we may in fact see chracters or rides based on previous or forth coming Henson projects.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Cinescape is one the least creditable sources for movie news, they will print the most loosly based rumors.

Henson Studios or whatever they are calling themselves now, had purchased the rights to many very mature dark fantasy, sci-fi and anima properties and are in preproduction on multiple projects but they are still a little butt hurt over the cancellation of Farscape which was there pet project.

I would agree that based on there recent finacial connections via the Muppets to Disney that ruling out future relationship for liscensing is not out of the question and we may in fact see chracters or rides based on previous or forth coming Henson projects.
    I would still love to see a Farscape attraction, maybe in Disney-MGM... not only do I love that show, but it would make one mighty fine thrill ride.

The only confirmed Henson projects I know of are Mirror Mask (which should be released soon) and Fraggle Rock. Maybe some more will be listed at Henson.com... I should make a trip there sometime soon.
    -Tim

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu
    As long as Elmo stays away from Disneyland!
    Disney doesn't own Sesame Street, just Muppets, Bear and the Big Blue House, and Fraggles. So yes, I would see a new Muppets attraction or a Fraggle one over Dark Crystal.

But honestly, if Narnia does decent, I think that would be a strong attraction. As much as I'd like to see something with Muppets.

• Minion

No, Henson still has Fraggles.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa
    Anybody up for a Dark Crystal attraction to tie-in with the upcoming sequel, The Power of the Dark Crystal, that will be released in 2007 by Disney?
    \
    wouldnt it be too scarey for kids

Friends for life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast