Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Re: How should Disney best incorporate Marvel into its existing CA Parks?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'm personally against Marvel characters at Disney.
    Me too. At the OP, sorry to get a bit off topic, but if we are gonna have something other than Disney, me personally I would rather have them bring "Back to the Future: The ride" (since Universal got rid of it) into Tomorrowland than bring Marvel stuff (No offense calsig31). It fits since its in the future, also you're in a flying delorian (futuristic ). But anyways, just wanted to point that out, sorry OP!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Seafoam Green

• Disney Lover Supreme.

I hope to never see any Marvel, but if necessary, put the Stark Expo in Innoventions.
    My Flickr

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Me too. At the OP, sorry to get a bit off topic, but if we are gonna have something other than Disney, me personally I would rather have them bring "Back to the Future: The ride" (since Universal got rid of it) into Tomorrowland than bring Marvel stuff (No offense calsig31). It fits since its in the future, also you're in a flying delorian (futuristic ). But anyways, just wanted to point that out, sorry OP!

So a flying car from 1985 is ok for Tommorowland, but a super high tech flying robot suit isn't?

I really think sooner or later, there will be a Marvel attraction at the park. I mean, look how well Star Tours and Indiana Jones are doing. This seems like a foreign idea now, but I really believe people will enjoy the attractions as much as and maybe more than those 2. I'm sure people were apprehensive when those 2 attractions first joined. (Sorry, off topic but had to get that off my chest)

Hollywoodland would be a pretty good place to have a Marvel attraction that could be like the Spiderman ride at Universal Orlanda. Isn't there an empty building where WWTBAM once was? add that lot with Muppets, and there may be room for an E-ticket attraction. How long is the people movers track? Couldn't that be a mini dark ride for say a Fantastic Four attraction where Mister Fantastic is showing people around his lab and where he keeps his most precious items? It could be possible. As long as it's not forced and can blend right into the theming of the area, it may be a hit.

• The Pumpkin King

[QUOTE=noleafclover1980;1056530447]So a flying car from 1985 is ok for Tommorowland, but a super high tech flying robot suit isn't?[/QUOTE]

Im not a Marvel fan so I dunno. What is that, Iron Man? Im not saying that Back to the Future should or have to go there, I was just speaking for myself. Also the "flying car" time travels, thats furturistic isnt it? Only reason why I said that was because it was a personal reason. Thats why I had put "me personally" in my post. I would just prefer a BTTF ride at Disneyland over a Marvel ride (unless it was REALLY cool). It's just personal preference noleafclover1980
    Last edited by White Bones; 05-20-2011 at 09:33 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^watch Ironman (the first one, not second) Thor, the Incredible Hulk, Spiderman 1 or 2, Xmen 1 or 2, and see Captain America when it comes out....I'm sure you'll enjoy a few of these hero's if you got to know them. Heck watch the Avengers on Disney XD its a good show and lets you see how the superhero's act when togeather.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^watch Ironman (the first one, not second) Thor, the Incredible Hulk, Spiderman 1 or 2, Xmen 1 or 2, and see Captain America when it comes out....I'm sure you'll enjoy a few of these hero's if you got to know them. Heck watch the Avengers on Disney XD its a good show and lets you see how the superhero's act when togeather.
    Xmen are cool. Spidy movies were so so. Incredible Hulk was alright. I will Admit Ironman looked pretty good. By the looks of where Thor takes place and what not, doesnt look that intrestng to me, but he can kick butt though, for sure. Lol, I remember the Avengers XD.

Like I said, im not really a big fan of Marvel. But if Disney EVER decides to bring a ride based off one of the Marvel characters, I will give them a try. But I do think an Ironman ride would be awesome. But if they did bring rides based of Marvel, they wouldn't be my MUST see/go to attractions. Unless it's REALLY fun/good etc...

• -

While I am a huge fan of the Back to the Future franchise, this is purely a Universal property, so there is no way Disney could use it without permission from Universal. Besides, if they are going to add another motion simulator to the park, I would rather have it be based off of either the Fantastic 4, the X-Men or the Avengers.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Sock Puppet

no.Universal can keep them.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    While I am a huge fan of the Back to the Future franchise, this is purely a Universal property, so there is no way Disney could use it without permission from Universal. Besides, if they are going to add another motion simulator to the park, I would rather have it be based off of either the Fantastic 4, the X-Men or the Avengers.
    Hhmm, either Fantastic 4 or X-men would be cool. But arnt also some of Marvel owned by Univeral as well?

• -

Hhmm, either Fantastic 4 or X-men would be cool. But arnt also some of Marvel owned by Univeral as well?
    No, Disney owns Marvel. Universal just has ther right via a previos contract that Disney inherited with the acquisition to use the characters in their parks East of the Mississippi.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    No, Disney owns Marvel. Universal just has ther right via a previos contract that Disney inherited with the acquisition to use the characters in their parks East of the Mississippi.
    Ohh really? Intresting, well since Disney Owns Marvel, then I would'nt mind seeing some Marvel stuff then. If I knew that before then I would'nt have been so" no no" about it. Sorry about that.

• -

Ohh really? Intresting, well since Disney Owns Marvel, then I would'nt mind seeing some Marvel stuff then. If I knew that before then I would'nt have been so" no no" about it. Sorry about that.
    No problem, check out the two threads that I linked to in my original post. The should have more information about the acquisition.

• Hukuna Matata!

This may have been said, but if they had to bring marvel into the parks then I would say leave it out of Disneyland and maybe dedicate one part of the park to Marvel, But not the Hollywood area maybe bugs area, But not DL Please...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast