Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion of Chernabog

Re: How should Disney best incorporate Marvel into its existing CA Parks?

I have an idea. It would be in the place of that Monsters Inc ride. Forgive me for lack of knowledge about Marvel, I never liked super heroes as a kid. If a Marvel fan could help me flesh this out, I'd be much obliged.

Basically, you were invited to tour (Marvel character's name here)'s base HQ thingy. As you board a vehicle to take you on a tour, with a video going on about "welcome, over here is so and so, over there is so and so."

A little way through, the video cuts out and is replaced with "(Marvel villain name here) has escaped from the detention level. Please be advised." As you go, you see the base becoming more and more wrecked, and (villain name here)'s shadow or whatever following you, similar to the Yeti on the Matterhorn. Only fleeting glimpses.

Eventually you see him caught again, going on about how he'll get his revenge, bla-bla-bla.

Then you make your way to the end, where you are scanned to make sure you didn't steal anything, and then you find an AA of (insert Marvel character here) saying something like "Sorry we had to cut the tour short" and also using the AI thing hat Raj or whatever her name is has.

As said, if any Marvel fans know any good characters for this, please let me know. I just came up with this in like five minutes and didn't have time for any research or anything.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    I have an idea. It would be in the place of that Monsters Inc ride. Forgive me for lack of knowledge about Marvel, I never liked super heroes as a kid. If a Marvel fan could help me flesh this out, I'd be much obliged.
    Let me see if I can give it a try for you.
    Basically, you were invited to tour (Marvel character's name here)'s base HQ thingy. As you board a vehicle to take you on a tour, with a video going on about "welcome, over here is so and so, over there is so and so."
    the Avengers Mansion
    A little way through, the video cuts out and is replaced with "(Marvel villain name here) has escaped from the detention level. Please be advised." As you go, you see the base becoming more and more wrecked, and (villain name here)'s shadow or whatever following you, similar to the Yeti on the Matterhorn. Only fleeting glimpses.
    MODOK
    Eventually you see him caught again, going on about how he'll get his revenge, bla-bla-bla.

Then you make your way to the end, where you are scanned to make sure you didn't steal anything, and then you find an AA of (insert Marvel character here) saying something like "Sorry we had to cut the tour short" and also using the AI thing hat Raj or whatever her name is has.
    Captain America or Hawkeye

Does that help with the picture you were trying to paint?
    Last edited by calsig31; 05-22-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'm personally against Marvel characters at Disney. Let Universal keep them and charge them a hefty royalty for it.
    The Premise of this thread was clearly stated in the OP.

I agree that Marvel would fit perfectly in HBL, it makes more sense than Monsters Inc does. and Tomorrowland could use a well done marvel attraction. They will do it slowly but surely...Marvel is a Massive Franchise Machine.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    The Premise of this thread was clearly stated in the OP.
    Well stated.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion of Chernabog

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Does that help with the picture you were trying to paint?
    I'll take it that that would be an accurate fit. I have no clue who any of those people are.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

First reaction - NO, No Marvel in Disney Parks! Not really a Marvel fan, I'm just not into superheroes...... comic books or movies....... but a lot of other people are........

However, I did enjoy Iron Man (1&2)..... haven't seen Thor and only saw the first Fantastic Four movie. But I think it's rather naive to think the WDC would spend as much as they have for the Marvel franchise and NOT see it in the parks in order to boost merchandise sales.

That being said, I'd prefer maybe one Marvel themed attraction/ride in TL where Innoventions/RRPP/HISTA/Starcade is now. So long as it's done well, at least to a "D" ticket level..... Many would like a Stark Expo, I don't have a favorite, maybe Fantastic Four would work bettr in TL? There's another F4 movie coming out, so maybe there's a bit of flexiblilty in the "story" of whatever the ride/attraction should be - Stark Expo just hits me as Innoventions on steroids........

I agree that HPB would be a good place for a Captain America attraction (we'll see how well the movie does), but it does roughly fit the time period (1930's/1940's) of the rumored future Hollywoodland of DCA's Phase II - it could work there.

Again, with both suggestions, it all really depends on the execution of the idea of Marvel in a Disney park - done right, I wouldn't tear my clothes, put on sack cloth and cover myself in ashes.........

Like it or not, we're eventually going to see Marvel represented in DL and DCA, the WDC has made too big of an investment not to leverage it into their theme parks....

• -

I'll take it that that would be an accurate fit. I have no clue who any of those people are.
    Maybe this will help:
    The Avengers

MODOK

Captain America

Hawkeye

I hope that helps describe the people that I added and that they work with your scenario. It seems like a good idea.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    seafoam green
    this

As of right now there is no fantastic 4 movie in the works. But there will be a ironman 3 coming in 2013. That give dlr plenty of enough time to throw something together. If they're going to do it, then do it right, don't throw together a hot mess like pooh is.

• The Pumpkin King

If they are going to put any Marvel stuff in, I vote for Iron Man. That would be a sweet ride. Im okay with having SOME Marvel stuff, but I prefer it just mostly Disney. Plus im biased because I like Disney way more

look at the success that is the enchated tiki room under new management! It would be best off if they just tweaked the existing attractions to 'feature' some of the Marval characters. For example Big Thunder will get a very minor (almost un-noticale in my opinion) 'touch up' to replicate New York and wil be a web slinging adventure based on the popular Spiderman franchise. Fantastic 4, another popular franchise will be added to the Jungle Cruise ride at disneyland. Although some of the disneyland 'purists' will not like the removal of the animals, or the jundle, or the river, the attraction will stll stay true to its roots and occasional visitors probably won't even know the difference. Not wanting to spill all the beans i can also reveal that the Hulk will be making a special appearance in its s small world, and other all new attractions, Captain America's Scary Adventures and Iron Mans flight, which will be replacing outdated disney 'clasics' snow white and peter pan.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by AlastairW View Post
    look at the success that is the enchated tiki room under new management! It would be best off if they just tweaked the existing attractions to 'feature' some of the Marval characters. For example Big Thunder will get a very minor (almost un-noticale in my opinion) 'touch up' to replicate New York and wil be a web slinging adventure based on the popular Spiderman franchise. Fantastic 4, another popular franchise will be added to the Jungle Cruise ride at disneyland. Although some of the disneyland 'purists' will not like the removal of the animals, or the jundle, or the river, the attraction will stll stay true to its roots and occasional visitors probably won't even know the difference. Not wanting to spill all the beans i can also reveal that the Hulk will be making a special appearance in its s small world, and other all new attractions, Captain America's Scary Adventures and Iron Mans flight, which will be replacing outdated disney 'clasics' snow white and peter pan.
    Wwhhoooaaa, hold on there lol. Both are classics, and Peter Pan is the only dark ride of its kind.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Damned-fooled ideas of you tell me....

I don't think AlastairW should be president of the Disneyland Resort.

Sarcasm or your real opinion? If it is a real opinion, I want you to stare at Glockenspiel's rocking smiling clock face for 10 minutes.

wow, i don't see how the sarcasm didn't come through there :/ yeah i was just kidding :P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123