Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• -

How should Disney best incorporate Marvel into its existing CA Parks?

First off, I want to preface this with stating that this thread is not for debating the merits of putting Marvel into the parks. If you want to talk about whether it should go in or not, go here. Also, this is not a thread for designing a third gate around Marvel. If you want to talk about what a Marvel third gate would be like, go here.

OK, now that we got those two rules out of the way, if Disney decided to incorporate Marvel into its existing CA parks, what creative ways can you think of to add Marvel?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Pumpkin King

Re: How should Disney best incorporate Marvel into its existing CA Parks?

Well all I can think of is that they can add rides based off of marvel in the proper lands or places to fit the theming.

Deadpool would be a perfect fit in every land of the park. lol

In all seriousness, I agree with White Bones. Just add where it seems right, not just to have an attraction of a Marvel character there. Most likely, if they were to be incorporated, the best place would be Tomorrowland. There have already been many discussions and threads about placing a Marvel attraction where Innoventions is right now which would be a good fit. Other than that, I can't see any other Marvel themed attraction in any part of the two parks as it just doesn't go with the theme unless a 3rd park is open.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Well all I can think of is that they can add rides based off of marvel in the proper lands or places to fit the theming.
    Agreed. I'm not a follower of Marvel, so I'm not sure of all the entities they own and which ones Disney would consider marketable. Probably Thor, but only because they just released it as a movie. However, I don't really know where Thor would fit into anyplace with in DL or DCA.

My impression of Marvel is that they are action/adventure heros/superheros so I can't really make a connection. Maybe as said before Tomorrowland or even Hollywood Backlot could possibly work. Or Disney could find a way to squeeze another new land into DCA and dedicate it to Marvel.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfanatic View Post
    There have already been many discussions and threads about placing a Marvel attraction where Innoventions is right now which would be a good fit.
    I agree with that, and have even commented on it in other threads. I just believe that there can be more creative and subtle ways of doing it that would work as well. It could be just as simple as re-doing one of the boardwalk games to have a Marvel theme (not the building of course, but the game itself maybe a Spiderman sling a web on the bad guy game).
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I just think they need it be a little subtle, and see reactions. Then maybe ONE big attraction per park. No more. DCA is as close to a Pixar park as ever with Cars Land coming, plus Monsters In, Bugs Land, TSMM, Pixar Play Parade, .....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude12 View Post
    I just think they need it be a little subtle, and see reactions. Then maybe ONE big attraction per park. No more. DCA is as close to a Pixar park as ever with Cars Land coming, plus Monsters In, Bugs Land, TSMM, Pixar Play Parade, .....
    I think the Marvel merchandise is they're first step into incorporating Marvel into the theme parks. From the reaction on this message board, it may take a few years before they incorporate something larger but you never know, with so many Marvel based movies coming out in the future including Captain America and The Avengers, it could be their next major project after Cars Land.

• Shifting cargo

I really do not like the idea of Marvel in the parks but if they had to, I'd agree with a lot of people with putting an attraction where Innoventions is. Maybe even a spot of Marvel merchandise in select stores in DCA. Other than that, I truly hope I don't see any huge stampedes of Marvel merch or rides.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Bring back the Keelboats!

My thought would be to give them their own section as Cars is getting. Perhaps ToonTown could be refurbished?

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    My thought would be to give them their own section as Cars is getting. Perhaps ToonTown could be refurbished?
    That's a good idea. Apparently Disney World just got rid of their toontown. I think that would be a great place to put this. It is out of the way and would not impede on the theme of any other land.

• The Pumpkin King

Mmmm, Id rather they just give ToonTown a Refurb and make it better, the only fun thing there is Roger Rabbit, and for me I like that ride and dont want to see it go.

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Mmmm, Id rather they just give ToonTown a Refurb and make it better, the only fun thing there is Roger Rabbit, and for me I like that ride and dont want to see it go.
    I wholly agree.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Senior Minion

I would do several things. From a business perspective, it probably makes sense to focus on some of the characters that are going to be in the films that are planned to come out in the next few years and which aren't currently associated at all with Universal's parks. As I mentioned in one of the other Marvel threads, I also feel like the best thing to do is have a few Marvel attractions in each park, rather then trying to create a Marvel land or gate. This allows for anyone who likes Marvel to be able to ride at least one Marvel attraction at each park.

So, I'd be fine with some kind of Iron Man and/or Fantastic Four attraction in TL. I think either could be added in a way that could work well there since technology is a major part of both franchises. I would also consider some use of some of the lesser known western characters in Frontierland.

For DCA, I think a Captain America attraction would be perfect for the new Hollywood Land. In fact, there are even comics with stories about Cap in both LA and San Francisco during the '40's. There are probably a few others that could work too, but that's a natural.

Then I would want to see the third gate built with a few lands that could house some of the other Marvel properties but also other Disney properties. A lot of us including myself have wanted a myth and legends type theme where one or two lands could have Marvel attractions as well. That would be the best place to feature some of the bigger names like Spidey and the Hulk, especially since they may never be able to use them in Orlando. Perhaps a Superhero City type of land where they and some Disney properties like the Incredibles and a few others could be featured together.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Start with Captain America and Ironman meet and greets and I'll be good till they add a third park to add rides. I just want to see the Ironman suit....it would be just amazing

I'm personally against Marvel characters at Disney. Let Universal keep them and charge them a hefty royalty for it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast