Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Re: Star Tour 2 - Walk-Through & FULL ride video from today preview 5.20 Enjoy in HD

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Bradley View Post
    No, this is Disneyland, the ride IS open for good at he world though.
    Which is my I corrected myself

• LOL

Re: Star Tour 2 - Walk-Through & FULL ride video from today preview 5.20 Enjoy in HD

Thanks. I won't be able to get down to DL until Oct of 2012 so this is a real treat.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

Don't want to spoiler it, but thanks for posting.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

thanks-- I already miss the original. How many different versions are there? DO we know?
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    thanks-- I already miss the original. How many different versions are there? DO we know?
    54 different variations if im correct, and I THINK 6 places to go to?? Someone correct me if im wrong please

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^no only 6 planets....the whole 54 combinations really comes down to that...I mean i really dont care too much if I see Vader or the storm troopers, and then I dont care who gives me the message either.....really its 6 planets you can go to

Haha you only waited 90 minutes? Try getting there at 4am and waiting in line until around 9 to ride.
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

• Not a Minion

For as nice as I think it is to share all things Disney, I think your video is definitely in violation of copyrights to some degree. In essence, you took video material Disney has on their attraction, recorded it without permission (they said no photography, and video recording is a form of photography as you're capturing a series of stills), and putting it on the web which to this might be considered a form of piracy.

it's nice of you to share this to those who won't be able to see it for quite some time, but pretty much my purpose of writing this is to simply point out that there may be some legalities in question and if Disney gets word of this could pull the video down.

Sorry if I sounded a tad harsh.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^just saying I don't what the big deal is....its like a Commercial for the ride...if the ride looks good you want to go on it (I do) if you think it sucks you wont...So unless Disney is unsure/insecure about the new Star Tours then I don't see the big deal...WOC went on line last year day one...yet people went to see it and they made money....did the video's hurt them, I dont think so.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^just saying I don't what the big deal is....its like a Commercial for the ride...if the ride looks good you want to go on it (I do) if you think it sucks you wont...So unless Disney is unsure/insecure about the new Star Tours then I don't see the big deal...WOC went on line last year day one...yet people went to see it and they made money....did the video's hurt them, I dont think so.
    Well, being that it's Star Wars, Disney may have to respect the copyrights of George Lucas. They were quite strict (to me at least) about recording star tours 1 a week before closing, so I'm surprised that policy hasn't shifted to version 2 (unless CMs still need to be properly trained).

Of course, I don't want to turn the thread into a legal discussion, but just wanted to point out the potential issue.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^no only 6 planets....the whole 54 combinations really comes down to that...I mean i really dont care too much if I see Vader or the storm troopers, and then I dont care who gives me the message either.....really its 6 planets you can go to
    Yeah, when I said 6 places, I meant planets lol.

• film975

I went to the AP preview this morning too. And it was just incredible! Disney has really outdone themselves with this one. Yeah... we waited for about two hours in line. But the ride is totally worth it. This video seriously doesn't do it justice. The CG animation in here is the most photo-realistic I've ever seen. Everything from the detailing and the animatronics was so well done. I also loved the movements of the C-3PO animatronic when he pilots the Star Speeder as well. I can't wait to ride it again, and again, and again!

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Yeah, when I said 6 places, I meant planets lol.
    6 planets are way better than just one Moon of Endor.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Well, being that it's Star Wars, Disney may have to respect the copyrights of George Lucas. They were quite strict (to me at least) about recording star tours 1 a week before closing, so I'm surprised that policy hasn't shifted to version 2 (unless CMs still need to be properly trained).

Of course, I don't want to turn the thread into a legal discussion, but just wanted to point out the potential issue.
    Uh... dude. The actual workprint of Star Tours 1 has been on youtube for at least three years. It's cool.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    6 planets are way better than just one Moon of Endor.
    And we never even got to go there.

Great video, I can't wait to try my 3D camera on the ride.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast