Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Star Tour 2 - Walk-Through & FULL ride video from today preview 5.20 Enjoy in HD

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    As someone who won't be able to ride for a while, I really appreciate this video, although the 3-D aspect makes it hard to see how well the CG was pulled off with respect to photo-realism.

One key thing I noticed... it sounds like the Naboo pilot says, "Follow me down to the Rebel Hanger" or something like that. I think this is important, because it makes the case that everything is happening in real time (as it should be) and we're not jumping through Star Wars timelime from Phantom Menace battle (Naboo) to Revenge of the Sith Battle (Coruscant) to ESB battle (Hoth). I guess one must to assume the Rebels were on Hoth, abandoned it and the returned years later for Empire Strike Back, that Naboo joined the Rebels and that the Droid fleets were being used by the Empire to attack it, etc... I am looking way to deep into it, but it'd be nice if the Star Tours ride story worked within the larger context of the Star Wars universe - guess you have to jump through some hoops to make that work...

Anyway, thanks for the vid.
    the continuity is totally nonsensical so I wouldn't bust my brain worrying about it. Just let it be a fun ride. Sides if you pack in Star Tours with the rest of the expanded universe events I'm not sure how R2 and C3PO managed to do so much all at once.

The only thing that really bugs me is Vader swinging his saber at the speeder. I mean I guess Luke did deflect shots with his saber but it never looked quite as silly. Its probably perspective but knowing how bulky the Starspeeders are the scene just comes off as cartoony (Vader moves like a cartoon which doesn't help). I think my brain hurts because I know its supposed to be epic as well.

I guess I prefer the nice subtle use of the Force in the origional films to the overblown use of the force in Force Unleashed. But I'm sure Lucas is quite focused on outdoing Matrix and Dragon Ball Z. Gotz to have your priorities in line and make super people know that Vader could totally crush Superman with the force after all 9_9.

lol, I'm curious how the motion feels should be fun to ride.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Re: Star Tour 2 - Walk-Through & FULL ride video from today preview 5.20 Enjoy in HD

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post

One key thing I noticed... it sounds like the Naboo pilot says, "Follow me down to the Rebel Hanger" or something like that. I think this is important, because it makes the case that everything is happening in real time (as it should be) and we're not jumping through Star Wars timelime from Phantom Menace battle (Naboo) to Revenge of the Sith Battle (Coruscant) to ESB battle (Hoth). I guess one must to assume the Rebels were on Hoth, abandoned it and the returned years later for Empire Strike Back, that Naboo joined the Rebels and that the Droid fleets were being used by the Empire to attack it, etc... I am looking way to deep into it, but it'd be nice if the Star Tours ride story worked within the larger context of the Star Wars universe - guess you have to jump through some hoops to make that work...

Anyway, thanks for the vid.

You really take Star Wars that seriously?

As for the ride, Looks GREAT! Can't wait!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    You really take Star Wars that seriously?

As for the ride, Looks GREAT! Can't wait!
    Best. Post. Ever.

I agree, looks great- can't wait to ride!!
    -Wes

• The Pumpkin King

Some star wars fans take their star wars VERY seriously. No im not trying to be funny. But as for me, yeah its wierd having both time lines in there, but hey its star wars episdoe 3.4 ( I think). Besides, the ride looks fun anyways and both fans of both eras can enjoy their own personal favorite era. I happen to like both

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    =

6 planets are way better than just one Moon of Endor.
    Quality over Quantity but in this case the ride looks like it will hold up for years and most likely get more updates than the first one (maybe Endor) but as FUN as the ride looks would have been nice if they'd filmed the scenes instead of ALL CGI....this is Disneyland and Lucas they had the money resources to do so, but in the end its cheaper to not film and also cheaper to just make more in CGI and add them later....too bad Disney is more focuses on money than quality these days.

• Disney is home

Out of curiosity, I thought it was against the rules to post anything on here that is a rule breaker at Disneyland. Even though it's officially open at Walt Disney World and the first soft opening happened at Disneyland, you are still told absolutely no video recording or photography of any kind during the ride. This is for both copy right and safety reasons.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I thought it was against the rules to post anything on here that is a rule breaker at Disneyland. Even though it's officially open at Walt Disney World and the first soft opening happened at Disneyland, you are still told absolutely no video recording or photography of any kind during the ride. This is for both copy right and safety reasons.
    During the preview yesterday, they originally said that no photos or videos would be allowed. But as the preview went on, and they realized the ride was open in Florida, they relaxed that.

The rule on Star Tours is that no FLASH photography is allowed and no filming with a camera light is allowed. As long as you film without a bright light on, they let you do it.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    During the preview yesterday, they originally said that no photos or videos would be allowed. But as the preview went on, and they realized the ride was open in Florida, they relaxed that.

The rule on Star Tours is that no FLASH photography is allowed and no filming with a camera light is allowed. As long as you film without a bright light on, they let you do it.
    The point I'm bringing up doesn't have to do with previews or soft openings, but a rule that is always in place. I am pretty sure taping during the ride is against the rules, whether or not this is a soft opening or after it opened. Im pretty sure Disney will try to encourage guests to put cameas away so they can focus on holding on and avoid the possibility of someone losing grip on the camera and it hitting someone in front of them.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    The point I'm bringing up doesn't have to do with previews or soft openings, but a rule that is always in place. I am pretty sure taping during the ride is against the rules, whether or not this is a soft opening or after it opened. Im pretty sure Disney will try to encourage guests to put cameas away so they can focus on holding on and avoid the possibility of someone losing grip on the camera and it hitting someone in front of them.
    Filming on the rides is always allowed, and like I said on Star Tours the only rule is that you have to have your camera light turned off.

• DCA FTW!

Your sequence was pretty sweet, I want that one the next time I ride. As for not filming, someone in our cabin started filming and was told to stop by a cast member through the sound system.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Your sequence was pretty sweet, I want that one the next time I ride. As for not filming, someone in our cabin started filming and was told to stop by a cast member through the sound system.
    That was back when they were still following the CM preview rules earlier in the day. Towards the end of the preview they were back to the normal rules for Star Tours.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    That was back when they were still following the CM preview rules earlier in the day. Towards the end of the preview they were back to the normal rules for Star Tours.
    Lovin you're Avatar lol

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm not up on the rules about photography, and video on rides. I guess if that video shouldn't have been posted here on MiceChat, someone will let the OP know, and have the video removed.

With that said, I appreciate being able to get an idea of what the ride now entails, since I don't have a clue when I will get to Disneyland next. Star Tours has always been a big favorite of mine.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

I came back from Disneyland and the Early Departure of Star Tours. What can I say, the queue is cleaned up, new, and repainted. Also, the simulators has been improved and the 3D screen effects are not much gimmicky. I took a lot of pictures of the queue with some flash and low lightning.

It was a great experience and the good thing about the early departure is that after you get into the park before the park opens to the general public. It's fun seeing so many people running to the Sleeping Beauty Castle on opening and enjoy Disneyland after riding Star Tours then you get to ride it again once it reopened again.

We waited for 2 hours just to ride Star Tours. I made it to Disneyland around 6:50 am and waited in the line.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'm going add my photo of the day

I had to get up at 3:30 am to get to Disneyland at 5:00 am

the local Tv news station and inturnet and news paper.

Line up wait for Disneyland finale there cleaing from Grad night, left 6:00 am

two mice chater did the gumball rally
    I say that post there picture answer ok

the two guys was play old star wars music.

here the gate

We are in Yes Strand see no one in the park but us.

Now we get to the attractions

Now inside a extenden queue here what you wee see

Time to go inside

here your new pilot for your tours

plot are here to help a spy to get on board and get away.

Now second part of the queue

Here is old REX the old pilot of the star tour ready to get ship back.

flash

time for bags get x-ray and see what is in side the bags

If you see this R2D2 you need to watch Him and see what he do next

after this point a cast member will ask you put your cameral away.
    so what you think?

Last edited by akfandisney; 05-22-2011 at 06:47 AM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast