Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Thumbs up Star Tour 2 - Walk-Through & FULL ride video from today preview 5.20 Enjoy in HD

Greeting Micechatters!

As you guys know, Star Tour 2 - The Adventure Continue has officially opened in Disney's Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World, FL as of today May 20th.

So today I got the chance to ride it at Disneyland during the preview. Overall, I LOVE IT! Even though, I am not a Star War fan.

Here's a video from today. Uploaded in Disney Grand Californian. I knew I should have placed my 3D-Glasses over my camcorder, so it won't look blurry. This video contains walk-through and the ride itself.

I don't know where this ride scene take place.

This video is recorded for people who cannot make it to Disneyland anytime soon. The video is a bit shaky because it is my first time riding it, so I don't know what to expect.

Here are several pictures I took today preview 5.20.2011.

The line was insane. We waited for 1hr 30 mins.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 05-20-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• The Pumpkin King

Re: Star Tour 2 - Walk-Through & FULL ride video from today preview 5.20 Enjoy in HD

Ooohh man I just SPOILED myself lol. I could not help but watch, man that ride looks awesome, can't wait to go on it myself But yeah, it seems like the ride is very short and that those battle scenes are not very long. Also, was that Jar Jar? LMAO! Kinda doesnt make sense though that theres 2 era battles taking place, but oh well.

Thank you for posting!

• I can't stand you.

Re: Star Tour 2 - Walk-Through & FULL ride video from today preview 5.20 Enjoy in HD

I didn't want to wat h but I did anyways and I CAN'T WAIT FOR JUNE 3rd!! Thanks for posting this!!

For being all in CGI, it looks pretty smooth and visually cohesive.

• Parking Lot > DCA

WOW. I cannot wait to ride that myself. It looks so fun! (minus the .01 second you see Jar Jar)

For the OP, your ride looked like it took place on Hoth, and then you went to Naboo, where your destination ended. It's cool how they transitioned from the original trilogy to the prequels. Very neat.

As someone who won't be able to ride for a while, I really appreciate this video, although the 3-D aspect makes it hard to see how well the CG was pulled off with respect to photo-realism.

One key thing I noticed... it sounds like the Naboo pilot says, "Follow me down to the Rebel Hanger" or something like that. I think this is important, because it makes the case that everything is happening in real time (as it should be) and we're not jumping through Star Wars timelime from Phantom Menace battle (Naboo) to Revenge of the Sith Battle (Coruscant) to ESB battle (Hoth). I guess one must to assume the Rebels were on Hoth, abandoned it and the returned years later for Empire Strike Back, that Naboo joined the Rebels and that the Droid fleets were being used by the Empire to attack it, etc... I am looking way to deep into it, but it'd be nice if the Star Tours ride story worked within the larger context of the Star Wars universe - guess you have to jump through some hoops to make that work...

Anyway, thanks for the vid.

wow thanks for posting! I can't wait to see videos of other ride sequence combos.

• formerly very helpful

Smile Re: Star Tour 2 - Walk-Through & FULL ride video from today preview 5.20 Enjoy in HD

• Rrrrreecite!

Wow so cool!!!

• Closed Account

BTW, the buttons say "First in the Galaxy"

• Future Indy Castmember

I was tempted to not play the video, but since every trip is different each time, I figured why not. Impressive! Can't wait to ride it soon!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Disney Fan & Musician

I'm not sure if I should watch... D:
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    I'm not sure if I should watch... D:
    I couldn't resist. Had to watch at least some of it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'm not watching your video, because I don't want to see any spoilers! But I'm posting in here because I'm surprised they let you film on the ride. It was ALWAYS a "no photography or video recording of any kind" ride.

We had the same exact flight, except replace Naboo with the Death Star and Ackbar with Leia. Very awesome, though!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast