Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Star Tours Disneyland Vs Disneyworld (Whats the Difference?)

Since the announcement of Star Tours 2 , We had heard that Disneyland was getting a more enhanced attraction and surroundings... Can anyone say what the distinctive differences are between the two coasts? clearly the film is identical but whats better at Disneyland??

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Star Tours Disneyland Vs Disneyworld (Whats the Difference?)

No more then you had before it seems. Different exterior and an optional extended queu area. Al's reports haven't matched the final situation inthis matter.

• Minion

que in walt disney world look idecail same they add few things extra were in disneyland the add lot of things in the que
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Banned User

Al throwing mud and reporting hyperbole as fact again? Why I never.

I'd be curious to see if any of his claims regarding the differences between the two attractions hold any water. The only one I can see possibly is Disneyland's improving their boarding/unboarding procedure for higher hourly capacity, which is something that Disney World wouldn't need to do by virtue of them having 6 simulators vs DL's 4. And as the modest lines since opening suggest, that was the right move--if it was indeed a move at all.

• Closed Account

Disneyland's simulators may have updated to allow six-way movement, where the old ones only allows four-way.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Disneyland's simulators may have updated to allow six-way movement, where the old ones only allows four-way.
    Is there any evidence of this? Ride reports suggest they're practically identical.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by red barchetta View Post
    Is there any evidence of this? Ride reports suggest they're practically identical.
    Lucas said in the past that the next generation of Star Tours would feature high definition screens and bases capable of six degrees of motion. Al mentioned that Orlando didn't want to pay for some of the more costly upgrades (which is why it was closed much shorter than Anaheim) so it makes sense that they didn't upgrade the base of the simulator in Florida.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Lucas said in the past that the next generation of Star Tours would feature high definition screens and bases capable of six degrees of motion. Al mentioned that Orlando didn't want to pay for some of the more costly upgrades (which is why it was closed much shorter than Anaheim) so it makes sense that they didn't upgrade the base of the simulator in Florida.
    It only makes sense within the context he presented it. I've heard Disneyland required more time to upgrade because of difficulty in the facility's accessibility. Who knows if that's true or not--there are myriad reasons why one site may take longer than the other. All we know now is that, according to ride reports, the rides seem to be identical. No one but Al had suggested otherwise either before or after opening.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Can anyone say what the distinctive differences are between the two coasts?
    There is a three hour time difference and they are about 3000 miles apart. One borders the Atlantic and the other the Pacific. Beyond that, I have no idea.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    There is a three hour time difference and they are about 3000 miles apart. One borders the Atlantic and the other the Pacific. Beyond that, I have no idea.
    You win the thread!

speaking of which, will they have an awesome opening ceremony here too? like they did in WDW
    YouTube - ‪Star Tours 2 grand opening dedication with George Lucas, Bob Iger and more at Walt Disney World‬‏

I think WDW's simulators didn't get the upgrade, but I'm not sure. I do know that no one really ever reported that the cabins moved much smoother there, while it's a constant remark over in Anaheim, but who knows. One thing's for sure is that it didn't received the loading dock upgrades, but as someone said before, DHS doesn't need it, as it has two more simulators in its arsenal.

I guess the only other thing I can think of is that TDO didn't spend a single dime with their extended, non-main queue (only signage, how considerate!), while Disneyland's got a sleek makeover. (which is polarizing)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    I guess the only other thing I can think of is that TDO didn't spend a single dime with their extended, non-main queue (only signage, how considerate!), while Disneyland's got a sleek makeover. (which is polarizing)
    Indeed, but WDW's has had an arguably superior exterior from the beginning, and thus wasn't really in need of a change, except for change's sake.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by red barchetta View Post
    Indeed, but WDW's has had an arguably superior exterior from the beginning, and thus wasn't really in need of a change, except for change's sake.
    Superior is questionable. Fun, yes but not superior. I prefer Disneyland's Star Tours staying in touch with a true space port theme. The notion that you queue at Orlando's on a "hot set" on Endor, end up in a space port trying to get to Endor and then exiting in tatooine... it really makes me scratch my head.

It's all fun but and stays true to the "movies are fake" theme that I so despise, especially in a disney park.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Dream in wonderful color!

^ Right, i'm not a big fan of the 'hot set' themeing either. You have props that are half-built and a large building with a poster on it. Maybe if it was fully fleshed out and you weren't just 'riding a movie' it would rank higher on my list.

Disneyland's building is simply but gets straight to the point with its space port theme - and the flashy new sign and LED effects are a nice touch!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast