Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

I know dumb question, but what Fantasyland rides would be good for a 2 year old?

Ok, heres the reason why I ask this. Its because my mom fired the daycare provider (personal reasons)

and I took over and been watching him so my mom can go to work (which is in San Diego and we live in Oceanside) Monday-Friday. So we don't have anyone to watch him while we (Mom, me, lil bro and gf) go.

By the way we are staying at the hotel for 2 nights, and mom said if her or my little bro, get tired, she wont mind goig back to the hotel to chill and play wedding dashers and diner dash on her iphone while me and gf go on rides and stuff.

Re: I know dumb question, but what Fantasyland rides would be good for a 2 year old?

Not a dumb question I would think it would depend on the child, but I would suggest Dumbo, Teacups, Alice, Peter Pan, Casey Jr, Carousel, Storybook Canal, Small World and maybe Pinocchio and Snow White. I would also travel over to Pooh, depending on the child you could do Pirates and Haunted Mansion. You could also do Tiki Room and Astro Blasters, and of course don't forget to go to Toon Town.

P.S. If you ever need a babysitter PM me, I am a child development major with tons of experience in San Diego

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: I know dumb question, but what Fantasyland rides would be good for a 2 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Ok, heres the reason why I ask this. Its because my mom fired the daycare provider (personal reasons)

and I took over and been watching him so my mom can go to work (which is in San Diego and we live in Oceanside) Monday-Friday. So we don't have anyone to watch him while we (Mom, me, lil bro and gf) go.

By the way we are staying at the hotel for 2 nights, and mom said if her or my little bro, get tired, she wont mind goig back to the hotel to chill and play wedding dashers and diner dash on her iphone while me and gf go on rides and stuff.
    What is the Question Bones?

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    What is the Question Bones?
    The topic.

• Future Indy Castmember

Not a dumb question really. For a 2 year old, I wouldn't recommend Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio as they have some scary moments that might be too intense for a 2-year old, but its up to you. I would say the recommended rides are:

1. Peter Pan
    2. Alice in Wonderland
    3. Tea Cups
    4. Casey Jr.
    5. Storybook
    6. Small World
    7. Carousel
    8. Dumbo

At least you don't have to worry about Matterhorn as they won't be tall enough at that age.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There are two year olds, and then there are 2 year olds. By that, I mean, some are more active then others. I would think there are a lot of rides that a 2 year old can ride, and they are not just in Fantasyland. It does depend on the 2 year old, and if they are afraid of anything, or not.

Here's my list off the top of my head that I have seen the youngsters as small as 2 on.

The Train, of course.
    Jungle Cruise
    Pooh
    Buzz Lightyear
    Nemo
    Mark Twain
    Columbia
    POTC

Now since you asked specifically for Fantasyland rides, I'd say in order to avoid any tears in the dark, stick with:

Dumbo,
    Carousel
    Casey Jr.
    Storybook Land
    Maybe, the Tea Cups, but don't spin the wheel
    IASW

May 11 - 16, 2015

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    Not a dumb question I would think it would depend on the child, but I would suggest Dumbo, Teacups, Alice, Peter Pan, Casey Jr, Carousel, Storybook Canal, Small World and maybe Pinocchio and Snow White. I would also travel over to Pooh, depending on the child you could do Pirates and Haunted Mansion. You could also do Tiki Room and Astro Blasters, and of course don't forget to go to Toon Town.

P.S. If you ever need a babysitter PM me, I am a child development major with tons of experience in San Diego
    Well, he has partical autism and doesnt say one word yet.
    Last edited by White Bones; 05-22-2011 at 07:39 PM.

• Shifting cargo

Some rides as lighthearted as Fantasyland would seem, are rather frightening for people of any age. Here are the ones I suggest:

1. Dumbo
    2. Casey Jr.
    3. Storybook
    4. Peter Pan
    5. King Arthur's Carousel
    6. Small World
    7. Tea cups (kids like to go in around in fast circles, haha)

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    There are two year olds, and then there are 2 year olds. By that, I mean, some are more active then others. I would think there are a lot of rides that a 2 year old can ride, and they are not just in Fantasyland. It does depend on the 2 year old, and if they are afraid of anything, or not.

Here's my list off the top of my head that I have seen the youngsters as small as 2 on.

The Train, of course.
    Jungle Cruise
    Pooh
    Buzz Lightyear
    Nemo
    Mark Twain
    Columbia
    POTC

Now since you asked specifically for Fantasyland rides, I'd say in order to avoid any tears in the dark, stick with:

Dumbo,
    Carousel
    Casey Jr.
    Storybook Land
    Maybe, the Tea Cups, but don't spin the wheel
    IASW
    Oh he LOVES to spin in circles, he always has me spin him in our computer chair.

• The Pumpkin King

Thanks everyone I did not want to ask that question, but I never really went on rides with little kids and its been a while since I have been to Disneyland. So I forgot if there some rides that u had to be a certain age or height and whatnot.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You know the child better than any of us. Disneyland has so much to see and do. In fact some little ones are happy just exploring, and not riding rides at all.

I think it's great that you have asked this question, in preparation of taking a 2 year to Disneyland.

Think about what the child enjoys in his homelife, and I am sure there's something comparable there at Disneyland.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Sock Puppet

Blog Entries

In my experience, Casey Jr has been the 100% winner. Also Storybook, teacups, Dumbo and carousel are good.

As for the dark rides...Some kids can be okay with the darkness, scary moment, and loud noises, but a lot i have known have really been upset with them around that age.

All the young kids I've taken to Disneyland have left Snow White crying. Because it's dark and rather scary. So it depends on the child. But I personally think, its one of the scarier dark rides.

• The Pumpkin King

You know the child better than any of us. Disneyland has so much to see and do. In fact some little ones are happy just exploring, and not riding rides at all.

I think it's great that you have asked this question, in preparation of taking a 2 year to Disneyland.

Think about what the child enjoys in his homelife, and I am sure there's something comparable there at Disneyland.
    Well I know one thing for sure, it WILL be HARD to keep in still in line, hes a free spirit I tell you! Lol. Thank you Barbaraann. He had a WONDERFUL time at Sea World San Diego in the kids play area, he loves to be outside.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

ToonTown is a wonderful place for kids to explore. I myself love to explore the place.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• The Pumpkin King

ToonTown is a wonderful place for kids to explore. I myself love to explore the place.
    Oh YES! Im so glad you mentioned ToonTown, I had a blank moment and forgot I can watch him roam around toon town area by Roger Rabbit Thanks Barbaraann!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast