Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Re: The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Well, after the Visit to TSI, it was time to Mosey on over to DCA for World of Color. So, Mosey, we did.

Yeah, he knows he owns me

This one too

We made our way over to Paradise Pier and we were really lucky to have SBF with us, because she knew the ropes. She got us into prime position to get into our area and we ended up in a pretty sweet spot. Before we could go in, I ran off and got us some Cotton Candy and the best Rootbeer Floats I've ever had....HOLLY SMOOT, those were good!

Must have all Cotton Candy in me, now!

I found a Hidden Mickey...Finally! What? Fine...I found a Blatant Mickey...Wooo!

Little Mermaid...I'll ride it someday...

World of Color was pretty Schweet. I have to say that the videos and pictures do not do it any justice and it is certainly worth catching at least once. I was severely impressed...Severely.

Wwwwwaaaaallllllleeeeeee

After the show, we were exhausted and were going to be too late to catch our shuttle to the Hotel and SBF waved her magic wand and BLAM! We were in her car on the way to our hotel...Well, she didn't wave her magic wand so much as take us to the Toy Story Lot buses and start her engine, but, that worked for me....We slept pretty heavily that night.

More to come.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Diminishing Bank Account
    The Adventures of the Gonzo Family and the Temple of the Defaulted Loan

Shameless plug: I have a Band and You can buy our music at
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/zom...er/id514847110

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Alright, I have two more days to go and I'll finish them tomorrow, I think...Time for Mimis. As always, thank you for the responses.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Okay I have read the first two pages of this thread and i have tears in my eyes and my sides hurt from laughing so hard. I've also got about a million comments I could make but I'll try to narrow it down to a few...or a few dozen at least
    Some of my favorite captions:
    Attention: Security, we have a 10..a 30...Um, what's the code for a creepy guy on the carousel?

Our first stop on Monday was PCH Grill for Breakfast with Mickey and Friends and we did our first ride of the day! The Waiting Bench Ride! Yay!

This ride has a photo for it too!

Gasp! A Double Stroller?!?!?! Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn!

Well, I was completely soaked. turns out the raft turns towards the fat guy in the boat. Weeeee. We headed to Bugs land to meet the other half. Vash and Mrs. Gonzo hit Tower of Terror while I hung out with Atticus. We went on the Chew Chew Train.

Daddy, these self portraits are still Demeaning.

Together we shall destroy Bob the Builder. He's only building his own Destruction...BWAHAHAHA

Look...The underside of Water...HAHAHAHAhahahaha....meh.

Then it was a Hop, Skip, and a Jump away to Autopia...I'm not sure why we didn't just walk over there, and there were a lot of people staring...and it was hard to do while carrying the kids...Anywho...

How cool is it that I drove 12 hours to get to Disneyland and ride a car! WEEEE!

Mickey Remembered me from last year, and took my new wallet. That mouse is tenacious.

It was close to Park Closing by then, so, we hit big thunder really quick and called it a day. I then had to conquer big Blister Mountain.

Move over a little...
    A little too much
    Ah, screw it...that'll work

Legend has it, that if you jump out of the boat and rub one of the Golden Roofs, Security will get you and have you arrested....That is only a legend, though.
    Hey, there baby...Whatcha doin' later? Oh, you're taking more pictures with kids...fair enough.
    Bad Gonzo! You have a beautiful wife! And I haver her as a friend on fb now so if she hasn't seen this already I'm telling!

and now back to some favorites:
    Are you ready to see the Churros and Popcorn again?

We're the all american family...or, a bunch of psychos!
    Yanno I'm a bit split on this one

I love your names for all the characters you met...

That Miley can take a lot out of you
    The look on Atticus' face priceless

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Awesome TR!!

Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet up when you were here.... guess that means you all have to come down again...
    I agree they must come down again...in fact after spending the day with them I have to request that they move down here! You all should be jealous of me for having spent an entire day with the Gonzo family. If you think those kids are cute now you should see them in person! The parent's are awesome too

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    After Breakfast, we headed out to Main Street with a quick stop to pay money to destroy Money. Crushed Penny time. Then Suddenly, who should appear, but, SkyBlueFusion with snacks in the rear...of her backpack that is. We all decided to head to DCA to get our World of Color Fastpasses and enjoy the parks, so, off we went. We hit the Fire station on our way over.
    <--see what i did there? I laughed my rear off

We finally made it to TSMM, and SBF will tell you that I scored the all time highest score ever reported on that ride and, in fact, did not have only 2900 points. This is indisputable. I took a picture of it, but, the picture disappeared. Um...I wouldn't lie to you...Would I?
    Well I was gonna fix that for you but I think you sabotaged my memory card because my computer is currently refusing to read it so I can't post the photo *I* took (Don't even try to blame it on Chip and Dale!)
    Is that The SkyBlueFusion in stylish 3D Glasses with the Gonzo Clan? Worlds Collide!
    Don't you love when worlds collide? Well except of course for all that celestial damage stuff...
    We then hit ITTBAB and enjoyed that. Atticus only freaked out when it went dark and, surprisingly, calmed down when the Spiders appeared above him. My kids are strange.
    One more reason to love the Gonzo clan Those spiders are much cuter than those I find around my apartment tho so I don't find it all that odd.
    Disney should just issue 3D glasses to everyone as they walk in the park.
    I second this...but then again they'd probably use that as an excuse to raise ticket prices by $30 or $40 considering how much they charge for souvineers everything. (Spell check reminds me how poorly I spell...I get so many words so far off it don't even know what to suggest!)

I really should have taken more pictures of SBF...And Farley for that Matter...oh well.
    Farley: yes. SBF: naah dont want to break the cam!
    Oh and an interesting face about Farley that might ruin the joy a insy-bitsy bit for some (but anyone in the Farley group on FB would know this:
    Spoiler
    His real name is Gary

Now, I never considered Walt Disney an Evil Man...That is until we took the kids to TSI. In my heart of hearts, I believe he looked into the future and saw me and wanted to punish me. Yes, dear readers, Walt Disney himself looked into the future with the time glasses his imagineers built (it's all in his biography...at least the one I found online) and he said to himself, "That Reverend Gonzo needs to be driven to madness and i'm just the man to do it. Get me the plans to Tom Sawyer Island! I need to make some Changes!"

So, after about an hour and a half of searching for my kids...Really, i'd find one, and the other would scurry off...then I'd find him, and the other one had disappeared and those caves are not built for the portly fellow...anyway, after an hour and a half of searching for my kids We made our way back to the mainland.
    You forgot the part that by the time you managed to get both kids in the same spot you lost your wife! But I must agree....TSI does certainly feel like a punishment to parents...and those friends that say "Sure I'll tag along I haven't been over to the island in a very long time" so thanks a lot for the reminder why it'll be an even longer time before I agree to go over there again

I can't stay mad at you...but, Walt has some answerin' to do...where's his office?!
    Well you might check his apartment over the fire station for him...just look and see if the light is on in the window

You need to go to the parks more often not only so I can meet up with you again but also because your trip reports are just so awesome they cause me to laugh harder than I have in a very long time!
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

We made our way over to Paradise Pier and we were really lucky to have SBF with us, because she knew the ropes. She got us into prime position to get into our area and we ended up in a pretty sweet spot. Before we could go in, I ran off and got us some Cotton Candy and the best Rootbeer Floats I've ever had....HOLLY SMOOT, those were good!
    Yes I know the ropes because I've almost been strangled by those ropes when people I've been with say things like "meh let's just go UNDER the ropes to get back in this area" and thanks again for that rootbeer float. OMG now I'm gonna want one of those every time I go!

After the show, we were exhausted and were going to be too late to catch our shuttle to the Hotel and SBF waved her magic wand and BLAM! We were in her car on the way to our hotel...Well, she didn't wave her magic wand so much as take us to the Toy Story Lot buses and start her engine, but, that worked for me....We slept pretty heavily that night.

More to come.
    Was it me that wore you out or TSI? And hey thanks for putting up with all that mess in my car. Plus it meant a few more minutes with the Gonzo clan so I didn't mind. Wasn't a far drive but would have been a hell of a walk. Talk about big blister mountain!

Can't wait for more! Well I guess I can since I don't really have a choice now do I? I expect more by the time Disneyland closes tonight and I get home! (Star Tours preview woo!)
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Minion

Loving this Some bits I really laughed out loud.

• "The Musical Quil"

LOL! love the report.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Emo Horse is by far my favorite! Keep em comin!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Tink 2 Three

Your trip report is so funny! And your family is adorable. Very entertaining to read, thanks for taking the time to post

• Also cute and fluffy!

Amazing trip report so far, Gonzo! You have me in stitches while I'm at work. Keep it coming.
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

Thursday morning appeared in all its groggy goodness and it was time for Breakfast at Goofy's kitchen. We slowly made our way out to the Disneyland Hotel...Very Slowly...I'm not sure if i've made it clear, but, we were tired....

at least we got to meet Charlie Sheen...Winning...Duh. (Are charlie sheen jokes still relevant?)

Lucy Liu came by...I really liked you in Futurama...have you done anything else?

Marlon Brando?!? I swore you died!

No Soup for you!

SLLLLLLUUUUURRRRRRPPPPP!

Marilu Henner! nobody here knows who that is and the joke is ruined.

I don't know where your money is, so, good luck trying to find it.

Breakfast was going great, when suddenly, a chill went down my spine...I slowly looked over and....Oh Em Geeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Bow down to Chip, the eater of souls!!

Well, I knew that it was time to get the heckle out of there! We ran out of Goofy's kitchen just in time...I don't think Pluto made it, though...Poor guy. oh, well, time to hit the parks...

More to come.

• my favorite sociopath

• Ex-Marvel stockholder

Blog Entries

On our way through Downtown Disney, we happened upon a face painter, and there's only one thing to do when you see a face painter...and that is....get your face painted...I mean, really. What else are you going to do with a face painter? Shine your shoes? Get a massage? You're truly insane if that's what you believe...Pshaw...

I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. It's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor … and surviving.

We are truly ready to battle with the Chipmunks...Today is our day.

Well, back into the park and it was a pretty lazy day. We did a couple rides and got on the Mark Twain, but, we were all pretty exhausted and left early for the day to sleep and prepare for the big Friday. I had won the opportunity to ride the New Star Tours and we'd have to be up really early...But, we got a few pics that day...and these are those pics:

Only in the reflection of a sword, can I truly see myself...

Outta the way! I got places to go and Trains to get run over by!

What do you call a bunch of ducks in a container? A Box of Quackers! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...phew...okay...P hew.

Out in the wilds of early America, you might run into bears or mountain lions...or Kittycats! Here kitty kitty kitty...I want to settle this land and give you tummy rubs!

Okay...that's enough craziness...Our last day in the parks coming up...

More to come.

Love your trip report! Great captions and beautiful children! Can't wait for more.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Oh man this report is a hoot! It's people like you that make me want to meet more MiceChatters. Thanks for your funny captions and your kids are the CUTEST!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Hey man, I'm 26 and i know who Marilu Henner is! the reference read loud and clear here!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast