Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    I like Ariel's Lagoon That would be a perfect area to have in a Water Park if there was to be one at DLR. You could have something like a King Triton Statue in that area, kinda like the one thats next to tomorrowland in Disneyland.
    Ummm, when was the last time you went to the parks? That statue has been replaced by tinkerbelle, and now sits atop the new Little Mermaid ride in DCA
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  2. #17

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Ummm, when was the last time you went to the parks? That statue has been replaced by tinkerbelle, and now sits atop the new Little Mermaid ride in DCA
    Last time? a year ago or 2. Besides it doesnt have to be the same one, just some other King Triton statue. Unlike some locals, I dont get to go almost every week or 2.

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Last time? a year ago or 2. Besides it doesnt have to be the same one, just some other King Triton statue. Unlike some locals, I dont get to go almost every week or 2.
    I usually have to spread out trips by at least a year, but before last year it had been 5 years since my last trip, so many things had changed
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  4. #19

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I usually have to spread out trips by at least a year, but before last year it had been 5 years since my last trip, so many things had changed
    OOhh man, dang that sucks Im guessing they have Tink there now for the the Pixy Hollow?

  5. #20

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,454

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    A few years back now, I had suggested a Pirates of the Caribbean themed water park and adjacent hotel for that lot adjacent to the PP Hotel. There were a number of reasons for this, but I do see some appeal in having more characters, at least for the small kids areas. Some of my ideas were that the climate issues could be handled well with some indoor caverns that could be opened up to the outdoors more fully in the summer. In my ideal world, this would give a place for all the new POTC stuff to go, so that the attraction could be returned to original. I also think just the water and pirates and tropical greenery and caverns could make for an awesome park. Plus, I've always wanted to go on a water slide similar to the one in Goonies, and this would be a perfect park for a number of slides that could be even better.

    But, I'm not sure if it would be the best thing for the resort or not. It's not something that I feel like it's a must have or critical component for the resort. And if the finance studies don't suggest it's a clear winner, it's probably not worth bothering with. I'd much rather see a third traditional park as a personal preference if there were a choice. But they are apparently pretty close to having all the land they need for more parking structures and the third gate eventually and could still fit a water park as well if they wanted too. But there very well may be other better uses for that land. I'm sure they'll look at the numbers again based on how the "new" DCA is impacting the resort in a couple years.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

  6. #21

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    A few years back now, I had suggested a Pirates of the Caribbean themed water park and adjacent hotel for that lot adjacent to the PP Hotel. There were a number of reasons for this, but I do see some appeal in having more characters, at least for the small kids areas. Some of my ideas were that the climate issues could be handled well with some indoor caverns that could be opened up to the outdoors more fully in the summer. In my ideal world, this would give a place for all the new POTC stuff to go, so that the attraction could be returned to original. I also think just the water and pirates and tropical greenery and caverns could make for an awesome park. Plus, I've always wanted to go on a water slide similar to the one in Goonies, and this would be a perfect park for a number of slides that could be even better.

    But, I'm not sure if it would be the best thing for the resort or not. It's not something that I feel like it's a must have or critical component for the resort. And if the finance studies don't suggest it's a clear winner, it's probably not worth bothering with. I'd much rather see a third traditional park as a personal preference if there were a choice. But they are apparently pretty close to having all the land they need for more parking structures and the third gate eventually and could still fit a water park as well if they wanted too. But there very well may be other better uses for that land. I'm sure they'll look at the numbers again based on how the "new" DCA is impacting the resort in a couple years.
    I like the idea of a Pirates water park, partly because you could also have some areas people can explore being Columbia sized versions of the Black Pearl, The Flying Dutchman, and The Queen Anne's Revenge. And how awesome would it be if those ships could actually do a nighttime show as a fight of Jack and Barbossa vs Davy Jones or Blackbeard (Think Sirens of TI at Treasure Island in Vegas only Disney ships and characters)
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  7. #22

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    470

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Keep the ideas coming.

    And the last time we went was in January and I didn't know they had removed the King Triton statue and replaced him with Tink. Wow! Anyways, you could even have Scuttle in an animatronic version somewhere around the lagoon. (Kinda like the seagulls on the dingy at Nemo)

    I'd even go so far to put some fake reefs and crabs and oysters on one shallow wall side of the lagoon so the kids that can swim really good could go underwater and explore the nooks and crannies of the little reef area. Maybe even a Sebastian and a pop out Flounder.

  8. #23

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    This may sound like a dumb silly idea, but what if they had a area for 20000 Leagues Under the Sea? It would have to be a pretty big area but that would be pretty cool, they would have brought back the sea serpent but better looking, not automated because that would probably scare people, but as a statue curled up or in some kind of pose or something. The there could be a sub split into two parts and they are painted to look like the old subs. Also they would have water torpedo cannons on the sides to shoot at other swimmers or other people in the area. I dunno, just a thought.

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    470

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    ^^^ Sounds like fun. I've never seen the movie but even if they didn't do that they should at least do some kind of tribute to the movie/ride in some way. Maybe another type of submarine ride like it used to be at DL? Or even the submarine beeping sound for the turnstiles - love that sound!

    I had also thought of a simulated ride like the pirates one at Sea World. But instead theme it to Pirates of the Caribbean. Something to get you out of the water and into a cool air conditioned ride for a few minutes.

  10. #25

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Quote Originally Posted by bellerose75 View Post
    ^^^ Sounds like fun. I've never seen the movie but even if they didn't do that they should at least do some kind of tribute to the movie/ride in some way. Maybe another type of submarine ride like it used to be at DL? Or even the submarine beeping sound for the turnstiles - love that sound!

    I had also thought of a simulated ride like the pirates one at Sea World. But instead theme it to Pirates of the Caribbean. Something to get you out of the water and into a cool air conditioned ride for a few minutes.
    I never seen the movie either, only been on the ride lol. Yeah ike the area could be a tribute to the ride I too love the beep sound at the turnstiles Hhhm, yeah but I dont think Sea World would make a pirates ride there :P

  11. #26

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    23

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    What about something like Ariel's Gizmos and Gadgets where you swim down to the bottom (it'd be fairly shallow) and "find" all the things that Ariel did in the movie?

    How about some "secret coves" like she had where you could swim in and out of them, discovering all these caves underwater? My only concern is making sure someone was able to keep an eye in the coves to make sure no one got hurt or stuck between the different coves.

  12. #27

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Quote Originally Posted by BrienBear View Post
    What about something like Ariel's Gizmos and Gadgets where you swim down to the bottom (it'd be fairly shallow) and "find" all the things that Ariel did in the movie?

    How about some "secret coves" like she had where you could swim in and out of them, discovering all these caves underwater? My only concern is making sure someone was able to keep an eye in the coves to make sure no one got hurt or stuck between the different coves.
    Surveillance cameras at all possible angles made to blend in, but almost have a 360 degree view
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  13. #28

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    470

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Quote Originally Posted by BrienBear View Post
    What about something like Ariel's Gizmos and Gadgets where you swim down to the bottom (it'd be fairly shallow) and "find" all the things that Ariel did in the movie?

    How about some "secret coves" like she had where you could swim in and out of them, discovering all these caves underwater? My only concern is making sure someone was able to keep an eye in the coves to make sure no one got hurt or stuck between the different coves.
    Awesome!! I would spend hours there myself...

  14. #29

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    In my opinion, water parks are far to small to have multiple distinctly themed areas. Besides that, I prefer the original concepts rather than plugging characters in every corner of a water park. Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon seem to do just fine without characters.

    I do seem to recall a southern concept featuring with a mascot as a frog for a water park concept. Can't seem to find any concept art though.

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    381

    Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

    Emporor's New Groove is very under appreciated IMO, it could make a great "thrill ride" going from the scene where they're on the waterfall.

    What about a nice relaxing area/pool that's Pochahontas themed? Mother willow on one side with the beautiful waterfall cascading down (and area to sit behind the waterfall) with surrounding lush greenery to lounge around.

    Maybe bring Swiss Family Robinson theming back to a part of the park.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Water Park at Disneyland Resort
    By SoCalbma in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 02:30 PM
  2. [Fun] Disneyland Resort Water Park
    By EaglesFreak1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 04:13 PM
  3. 12/23- Disneyland Resort Picture Update (MY OWN PICTURES!)
    By Luke Manning in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 06:35 PM
  4. New "Let it Roll" Disneyland Resort Commercials
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 11:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •