Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Let's Imagineer our own Disneyland Resort Water Park

Ariel's lagoon is a great idea, but what about a lagoon themed around Never Never Land? There could be a lagoon with an interactive pirate ship in the middle with slides coming out of it and water gun cannons to spray water at nearby swimmers! Maybe even some mermaids making an occasional appearance.

You can have a dock area (kind of like in the movie Hook) with ice cream and frozen lemonade along with some shops. Skull rock can be off to the side with a water fall or more slides coming out of it...

The best part about it is that you can call this entire are... wait for it...

Never Never Land! hahaha... Yes? No?

• Former Cast Member

Given the history of California and its linkage to Spanish explorers and Mexico, I'd go with an Aztec-Spanish theme. You could have an Aztec pyramid as your main focus feature with big slides and then build off that, maybe slip in Pocahontas someplace. "Sea of Cortez" for your wave pool.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post

But, I'm not sure if it would be the best thing for the resort or not. It's not something that I feel like it's a must have or critical component for the resort. And if the finance studies don't suggest it's a clear winner, it's probably not worth bothering with. I'd much rather see a third traditional park as a personal preference if there were a choice. But they are apparently pretty close to having all the land they need for more parking structures and the third gate eventually and could still fit a water park as well if they wanted too. But there very well may be other better uses for that land. I'm sure they'll look at the numbers again based on how the "new" DCA is impacting the resort in a couple years.
    The big question is, what will create that "stickiness" to get guests to stay at the DLR for the most number of days and at the cheapest cost for Disney to build. A water park is infinitely cheaper than a 3rd Gate and the Wolf Lodge concept seems to play well for them.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tripleblack View Post
    Ariel's lagoon is a great idea, but what about a lagoon themed around Never Never Land? There could be a lagoon with an interactive pirate ship in the middle with slides coming out of it and water gun cannons to spray water at nearby swimmers! Maybe even some mermaids making an occasional appearance.

You can have a dock area (kind of like in the movie Hook) with ice cream and frozen lemonade along with some shops. Skull rock can be off to the side with a water fall or more slides coming out of it...

The best part about it is that you can call this entire are... wait for it...

Never Never Land! hahaha... Yes? No?

LOVE the Skull Rock idea! Or it could be a totally kinda creepy dark ride on its own.

So much potential, with so many rides and themed play spots based off of movies and characters that have water in them it could be sooooo much fun.

I can't believe nobody has thought of anything regarding Nemo!!! Unfortunately, I think I'm all out of steam to brainstorm anything on it, so someone help me out.

• Banned User

And for the record, I have never been to Soak City and even though I love water and love swimming I have NO desire to go there what-so-ever. We've been to both water parks in WDW and we had a blast.

I have no doubt in my mind it would be popular no matter the month. It would bring in more revenue for Disney, give more people a reason to stay longer at the resort and make a lot of Disney fans happy. People like me who refuse to go to other water parks in the area because we want theming and ambiance, cleanliness and quality that we know Disney can provide. I don't just want to go to ANY water park that has some boring slides and a few palm trees.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123