From the 50th Anniversary to Present

So really random thread, but I am quite curious to know how the resort has changed since the 50th anniversary? Specifically Disneyland Park, as I have read alot about the exciting changes for DCA. Have there been good changes or negative ones? How do you rate new attractions like Finding Nemo?
    Would love to hear thoughts
    Oh, and the reason I want to know is because I haven't been to the resort since the 50th

Re: From the 50th Anniversary to Present

Really, most of the change has happened at DCA.

You might allready know this but the Fantasyland Theatre has no show anymore, well a very small scale Princess show with a meet and greet.

Star Tours has been redone and bits of Tomorrowland have been repainted a blue colour.

The subs are okay. Better than having them closed, but theres alot more they could have done with them.

Since the 50th and Parade of Dreams, theres been a terrible parade called "Celebrate, A Street Party'. It was really bad in my opinion and most here on Micechat. A new parade is starting this week called Soundsational, which looks to be alot better.

Other then that I can't think of anything else that has changed.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I'm not sure when Pirates was originally overlayed with Johnny Depp for the movies but there are more changes with the new installment of the series and the Golden Horseshoe building is being renovated. And if memory serves right, there has been many changes to Main Street and reorginization of some of the stores.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Ahh and Its a Small World may have changed since you last went on. They added Disney Characters to it. Tom Sawyer Island changed too, its got pirate stuff on it now.

I think everything mentioned so far is correct.
    In addition, I think the Tinker Bell meet and greet replacing Ariel happened since the 50th. Also, Captain EO replaced Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I hope they come up with something great for that space soon!
    I believe the Disney Gallery was still above PoTC when I was there for the 50th. Now it's the Dream Suite and the Gallery has moved to Main Street.
    Everything else I can think of is pretty minor, like the Jolly Trolly in Toontown becoming a Vacation Club Kiosk.
    I like Finding Nemo. However, I am growing a bit weary of so many new rides or renovations being movie themed, particularly Pixar. The subs are odd, they don't really fit into Tomorrowland OR Fantasyland and I think the Nemo addition didn't really help. You should definitely ride it if you haven't before. It's really not a bad ride, the wait time is just a little looooong.

• Hooterville, USA

And the number one thing that has changed since the 50th,

the prices have gone up!!!!!!!!!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disneyland PAP

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is updated (again) and back inside the Main Street Opera House. Meanwhile, the Steve Martin movie still plays, albeit on a smaller screen, in the outside area where the Disneyland historical exhibit is displayed.

I also think several menus in New Orleans Square restaurants have changed significantly since the 2005, particularly for the French Market (healthier fare) and the River Belle Terrace (sandwich bar). Oh, just remembered the menu for the Hungry Bear Restaurant recently had a menu change as well.

And, the view outside the Disneyland main entrance, or from inside any of the cars sitting at Main Street Station waiting to depart, of Disney California Adventure's main entrance is a LOT different!

• -

There are planters and benches around the giant marble in Tomorrowland and Innoventions is even more out of date.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Captain EO has been brought back to the Magic Eye Theater. Snow White's Scary Adventures was upgraded with new video technology. The Castle Walk-Through was restored to its former glory. The Rivers of America got an updated back-story and some very light theme adjustments. Village Haus, Hungry Bear, Tomorrowland Terrace, French Market, Cafe Orleans and River Belle all received new menus (and for the most part better).

If you look at the posts above, it really is quite a bit of change for just 5 years. But on the attraction side, really, there is only the addition of Subs, EO, Lincoln, Castle Walk-Through and Star Tours. All of which are updates of previous attractions or the return of a previously removed attraction. We are still waiting for that all new E-Ticket which Disneyland so desperately needs (nothing major since Indy). Perhaps that will happen before the 60th anniversary.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Captain EO has been brought back to the Magic Eye Theater. Snow White's Scary Adventures was upgraded with new video technology. The Castle Walk-Through was restored to its former glory. The Rivers of America got an updated back-story and some very light theme adjustments. Village Haus, Hungry Bear, Tomorrowland Terrace, French Market, Cafe Orleans and River Belle all received new menus (and for the most part better).

If you look at the posts above, it really is quite a bit of change for just 5 years. But on the attraction side, really, there is only the addition of Subs, EO, Lincoln, Castle Walk-Through and Star Tours. All of which are updates of previous attractions or the return of a previously removed attraction. We are still waiting for that all new E-Ticket which Disneyland so desperately needs (nothing major since Indy). Perhaps that will happen before the 60th anniversary.
    Fingers crossed on that one!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Wow sounds like there has been alot of changes for the park! I am especially excited to see the addition of the film characters to POTC! Thanks for all the info!

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Fingers crossed on that one!
    Same here.

• Future Imagineer

Main Street got painted different colors than the original as well, I believe. Plus Jungle Cruise got pirrahnas (don't know how to spell it) added as well. POTC has changed, which happened in 2007 I think.

• Banned User

you definitely have to check out innoventions...

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    you definitely have to check out innoventions...

Let's go tear it out right now. We can shoot it with canonballs from POTC, I'll be the captain, argghhh.