Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• -

Re: Tangaroa Terrace, Trader Sam's and new pool at the Disneyland Hotel

While I do like the new pool, a part of me wishes they would bring back the marina theme.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I wrote this somewhere, cant remember which thread, but what about where the old waterfall and dancing waters use to be? Is that section open yet? Any idea what it looks like?
    I think its scheduled to become grass... but alot of areas around the hotel property were still walled up , I unfortunately didnt have time to take photos of everything. I wanted to make it back for Star Tours Previews

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by KuyaHarrison View Post
    Does the waterslides really feature a waterfall?
    it should eventually , they were doing lifeguard testing when i took the pics so they were shut off..

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

The atmosphere was great in Trader's sams it really looks like a fun place to be kind of a cross between the Tiki Room, some adventurers club and a homage to Jungle cruise. The vibe was fun, if i had time i would of photographed all the details and photos on the walls , the design team clearly spent alot of time and thought on it. Treofred has done a great job adding photos and showing some of the details On the flip side while the Tangaroa Terrace menu and food looked appetizing , the atmosphere of this casual dinning establishment just didn't work.
    Its going to be interesting to see how everything ties together with the new disneyland hotel, I cant wait to see all the changes and hope it is successful and will be great addition.

Lets just hope Paradise Pier hotel gets demolished or remodeled next

• Future Indy Castmember

I ate at Tangaroa Terrace for dinner and liked the new place.

Heres how ordering food works:

Theres ordering machines like the ones that Taste Pilots used. After you order, you'll get a slip to give to the CM at the registers. Thats where you'll order your drinks also. Then you pay and get a number to put on the corner of your table and a cm will bring it out.

Pretty much similar to how things are run at Whitewater. I'll have my update up soon.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    I think its scheduled to become grass... but alot of areas around the hotel property were still walled up , I unfortunately didnt have time to take photos of everything. I wanted to make it back for Star Tours Previews
    Oh no worries! I was just wondering because I remember hearing that that they were suppose to make geysers in that area...I think! I wanted to see if people could see if they could see any construction of them or not. I really hope we get the geysers, that would be cool, even if nice as the waterfalls were.

But thanks for the pics! Will be at Trader Sams next Friday now .

Can you bring your food and drinks in by the pool? I like having the option of being served food and drinks at The GCH pool. Are they going to offer the same service at DLH pool this summer? Anybody heard?

• "I Break Things"

For anyone wondering about the Waterslide... the waterfall was on later that evening.

As to the decor and details, there are a lot of "personal touches" sprinkled throughout. Of the old Skips that went the other night, we ALL had a good laugh reading and looking around.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Oh no worries! I was just wondering because I remember hearing that that they were suppose to make geysers in that area...I think! I wanted to see if people could see if they could see any construction of them or not. I really hope we get the geysers, that would be cool, even if nice as the waterfalls were.

I am not familiar with the locations of the towers and their corresponding names, but here is what I do know:

The Frontier Tower, formerly known as the Bonita/Wonder Tower, is the one that is getting the vintage Frontierland treatment in front of its lobby...getting a geyser field and painted desert scene.

Since the Frontier Tower used to be called the Bonita Tower, and the waterfalls had the name Bonita in them...I think the location of this new stuff will be nearby the former falls location. However, I think the exact place where the falls used to be is getting a lawn for Disney Weddings...

• Future Indy Castmember

There are still walls next to the lawn. Maybe this is where we will see the geysers maybe?

BTW, if you guys haven't been in the Frontier Tower, have a look. Theres a BTMRR model that you will all love!

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

wait. Isn't trader sam the head hunter in the jungle cruise? how does he own a restaurant?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    wait. Isn't trader sam the head hunter in the jungle cruise? how does he own a restaurant?
    Didn't you knew he owned a eatery? . The skippers mention him owning a place and having things like "Baby back" ribs, "Kids" meal, "Cold Shoulder" platter etc. He even had the best wife made stew, too bad hes going to miss her. He owns a cannabalistic cafe in JC as told by skippers.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Didn't you knew he owned a eatery? . The skippers mention him owning a place and having things like "Baby back" ribs, "Kids" meal, "Cold Shoulder" platter etc. He even had the best wife made stew, too bad hes going to miss her. He owns a cannabalistic cafe in JC as told by skippers.
    I recommend the kid's meal... comes with a free toy!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

The new pool area looks fun, but I am disappointed with the lack of landscaping and its stark contrast to Trader Sam's.

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    you forgot all the finger food

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast