Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    If you like to be hearded like cattle and eat slop. I like IHOP....just not that one. Way too crowded and gross.
    Have you been inside Dennys?

• Minion

Oh, and another thing...

You can think of eating in the park as an "event"... An extra attraction that you would like to do... If you do that, figgure out where you want to go and then eat someplace that you want to and have never gone before...

Save your money to eat at someplace like the Blue Bayou... Because it is something you want to do... But gnosh the rest of the time...

It doesn't do you any good spending 15-17 bucks eating at a cafeteria style place and being satisfied than spending the extra ten bucks per person and sitting down for table service and that "special disney" ambiance...

It isn't going to be cheap... but doing so gives you more "value..." know what I am saying?
    Check out my other blog:

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Have you been inside Dennys?
    No...and I'm thinking that I shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Save your money to eat at someplace like the Blue Bayou... Because it is something you want to do... But gnosh the rest of the time...
    But the BB is pretty much the only restraunt of that caliber in the park. And IMO if you don't get seated close to the water than it's not as good of an experience.
    If you're getting an AP i say hold off on the more elite dining establishments, since you'll more than likely be going again soon.

• /sigh

I think it depends on how much food you want to eat during the day. I do highly recomend snacking through out the day. You'd be surprized how much popcorn will fill you up, for only a few bucks.

If you want a lot for your money, go to Red Rockets pizza port in TL. Big servings of pasta and salad. Yum!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I think it depends on how much food you want to eat during the day. I do highly recomend snacking through out the day. You'd be surprized how much popcorn will fill you up, for only a few bucks.
    Nothin' like a meal of popcorn and churros.

I think they call that the "Disney Diet".
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Minion

Food and Beverage is what really adds up in a hurry inside the park. Previous poster's suggestions are all good. Bengal BBQ and Plaza Inn come to my mind but I, too would eat outside the gates. First choice would be breakfast at Mimi's across the street on Harbor next to Howard Johnson's. They open at 6 a.m. and have a very nice menu and is definitely a cut above the other coffee shops in the area. It also offers a basic breakfast that will stay with you all day for $4.95. You get ambience, good service and cloth napkins for just a buck or two more than Denny's. La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney is also excellent for a carb rich morning starter.

• Minion

No...and I'm thinking that I shouldn't

But the BB is pretty much the only restraunt of that caliber in the park. And IMO if you don't get seated close to the water than it's not as good of an experience.
    If you're getting an AP i say hold off on the more elite dining establishments, since you'll more than likely be going again soon.
    Thats along my line of thinking. When I went to Disney, it was a "big thing" and I generally saved up a good chunk of money to do all the "Disney" things, like eating at BB. I ALWAS went there on my trips. First thing I did when I got into the park was make a resurvation for that night. Amazing place! I proposed to my wife there.

But now Disneyland will change form for me. It will no longer be something I do as a rare treat every other year, but something I can do on a Sunday if I am bored. Or a place to hang out with my friend who have AP's. Maybe a place to meet new friends! With that in mind, I cant be spending 35-50$ a visit on foods. Maybe a Churro or 2, but who can resist those things!!!!! Its like sugar coated CRACK. Only thing compairable is Krispy Kreme's!!!

Gib

• Minion

I don't think you understood.... I am just saying, think of food as an "event..."

Go someplace you like as opposed to something just because you need to eat... If that is the case, then by all means leave the park...

That way you can research and know before hand about how much you are going to spend...

For example... I like corn dogs... so if I go for a corn dog I know already how much I will spend, I know where I am going to buy it, and where I would like to go to eat it... It is an entertainment event... But I keep my eyes open about it... I spend the rest of the time on the cheap, including going over to 7/11 for ice cream...

If you like ambiance get food to go at what ever you want, then by all means go eat it by the banks of the River of America just past the enterance to the Splash Mountain cheque... there are hidden tables people out of view of everyone except the ducks in the river behind that McDonald's fry shack... or downstairs at the hungry bear...

But like I said... Make an event of it... Plan it out... Know how much you are going to spend... Do it for pure hedonistic pleasure of doing it... then money pinch everywhere else...
    Check out my other blog:

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Maybe a Churro or 2, but who can resist those things!!!!! Its like sugar coated CRACK. Only thing compairable is Krispy Kreme's!!!
    Dude you have me rolling!!!!

Crack is good, as long as it is in the form of churros or popcorn...or one of those Apple Pie Apples that Dusty got me hooked on.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

Oh... Once I knew a guy so cheap what he would do is order a glass of water... Add lemon wedges if they have them for free and add sugar packets that are comped for coffee...

Free Lemonade!!!
    Check out my other blog:

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Nothin' like a meal of popcorn and churros.

I think they call that the "Disney Diet".
    Hey, I never said it was healthy! But, the Disney Diet is great! You eat all the snacky foods, but walk it off all around the park. SO, in essense, they cancel each other out! Right???
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Hey, I never said it was healthy! But, the Disney Diet is great! You eat all the snacky foods, but walk it off all around the park. SO, in essense, they cancel each other out! Right???
    Mmmm Nacho Cheese fill Pretsles (gargle noises)
    Check out my other blog:

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Churros compared to Krispy Kremes? You've got to be kidding...Krispy Kremes are WAY better than churros!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    Churros compared to Krispy Kremes? You've got to be kidding...Krispy Kremes are WAY better than churros!
    krispy kremes are total garbage. they are not good at all.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    NO way man!!! Churros RULE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast