Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Disney visit "on the cheap"?

Ya. I know its Disneyland and Cheap are two things that dont go togeather, but I am SURE some of you's know of good ways to cut cost's on Disney trips.

I am going this Sunday with a friend and I will be getting my AP. Since I am shelling out $200+, it will put a little hurt on my pocket. Any tips on making the trip cheaper? No need for parking tips. My friend has the parking AP pass.

Its been a long time since I last went, and my cheap food was always that Mexican food place by Big Thunder. Last time I went, it was closed. Is it open? Do they still serv reasonable priced Taco Salads?

Two other questions if you please.

#1, do you think Buzz will be open Sunday? I dont know how long this "soft" opening will last.

#2, how crouded do you think this Sunday will be?

Thanks for all your help, and thanks for the great info in the AP thread! You guys Rock! (and girls)

• Still wants to be a cat!

El Rancho is open, no more Ribs etc. but plenty of Mexican food. Better to eat outside of the park, if you are looking for cheap food.

Never know about Buzz, but seems it's open most of the time now.

Sunday will be crowded, Spring Break has begun.

Have fun though!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

For cheap, have a big breakfast before you enter, then eat snack at 11:00, lunch about 2:00-3:00 and snack at 7:00 (just to tide you over until you leave the park). Dinner on the way home.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Sunday will be crowded, Spring Break has begun.

Have fun though!
    Ugh....

• Minion

Is that Denny's still open accross the way from the Hotel? In Highschool we would ride the Monorail out and walk that way and eat there.

•   
    • Minion

Food is what is going to kill you... But because it is in part of the what the DL experiance is about... I would like to hear what people have to say bout food really...

The cheapest offering I found is the biscottis at bakeries/coffee houses... They are usually about a buck and are a good sized portion...
    Check out my other blog:

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Is that Denny's still open accross the way from the Hotel? In Highschool we would ride the Monorail out and walk that way and eat there.
    There is a Denny's on Harbor, well away from the Hotel. Are you thinking of Coco's on West and Katella? That place used to be a Sambo's waaaaaaay back in the day.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Bengal Barbeque is fairly cheap, as are the corn dogs. Adults can purchase children's meals, which run $5.99- $6.99, depending on the restaurant.

Buzz should be open, but be subject to periodic downtimes. The good news is that The Enchanted Tiki Room should be open.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• It's all nonsense

Another vote for eating outside the park if you can. I'm a big fan of packing little snacks that don't take up too much room (ie: granola bars, fruit snacks, etc) to help tide you over. Bring a bottle of water or something you can refill to drink too because drinks are overpriced as well.
    Or you could always share a meal with your friend.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Eat outside the park, There's a IHOP, Mimi's, Dennys and McDonalds right across the street from the Main gate. To save money I always eat kid meals inside the park.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Eat outside the park, There's a IHOP,
    **looks for the barfing smiley**

• Minion

One way that we save is to bring in our own drinks. Bring a backpack with a couple of plastic bottles of water or soda. They are $2.75 each in the parks and that can add up. Even though they always say no outside food or beverages we always bring snacks and drinks. As long as you don't have any glass containers. Have fun.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    **looks for the barfing smiley**
    IHOP is good

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Bengal Barbeque is fairly cheap, as are the corn dogs. Adults can purchase children's meals, which run $5.99- $6.99, depending on the restaurant.

Buzz should be open, but be subject to periodic downtimes. The good news is that The Enchanted Tiki Room should be open.
    What!!! Ow SWEET! That is such good news!

Last time I went (I say that alot....) the end seuqance I could not hear any singing, just a lot of clanking of mecanical parts... I heard that was fixed. If so, that will be one of my stops for sure!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    IHOP is good
    If you like to be hearded like cattle and eat slop. I like IHOP....just not that one. Way too crowded and gross.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast