Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

• Berm Buster

Re: The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure - FULL Video RIDE Through in HD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    first, on the ending; I posted this in the Tracker thread, but I suppose it's more appropriate here:

the ending fits, because this ride is not about the movie's whole plot. Ursula's in it, but she's not necessarily a villain. in the ride, she doesn't really do anything other than live in a pretty shady cave skeleton thing. She turns Ariel into a human, Ariel finds love, and gets married. The End. If it had shifted into an Ursula ship-stabbed-by-Eric ending, wouldn't that have been much darker and inappropriate? it would have been like "hey, lady, thanks for turning me into a human and making all my dreams come true -- STAB." :P

they throw in the animation of Ursula at the very end as a shout out to the people who are familiar with the movie (i.e. everyone), but story-wise it makes much more sense to progress into Ariel waving goodbye to the sea-world. She yearned to leave, they made a good case for her to stay, but ultimately she found love beyond what they had to offer. Cue curtain.

It's not Snow White's Scary Adventures. We don't need to see the villain's demise when the villain is largely irrelevant. And that's okay.
    I agree. Since they took out the whole Vanessa subplot, Ursula becomes more of an enabler for Ariel and her death would not be necessary because of the lack of said subplot. If nothing else, it would now make the storyline even more confusing because people not familiar with the film would now wonder why they were suddenly thrust into a scene where Ursula is really big and trying to take over the seas and being run through with a ship. It just doesn't make sense out of context of her turning herself into Vanessa so that she may gain the trident from King Triton to take over the oceans and such.

For the most part, i think this ride is pretty good. The animatronics were great, especially scuttle and ursula. Ariel seemed a bit creepy to me for some reason, and king Triton's beard is really weird but other than that I liked all of the animatronics. And the details throughout the ride are really nice. The problem I've got with this ride is the lighting. Not sure if it's the camera's fault or not, but the finale's background was way to bright. Also, another thing with the finale is that it jumps way to much. I can understand it going from ariel getting her legs to the kiss the girl scene, but then it shows Ursula and Eric kissing. And then it jumps right to Ariel and Eric getting married. What happened to Ursula? Why is Eric kissing her and then in the next scene marrying Ariel? I think it skipped too much between those scenes. But other than that, I'd rate this ride an 8 out of 10. Good work Disney!

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    but then it shows Ursula and Eric kissing. And then it jumps right to Ariel and Eric getting married. What happened to Ursula? Why is Eric kissing her and then in the next scene marrying Ariel? I think it skipped too much between those scenes. But other than that, I'd rate this ride an 8 out of 10. Good work Disney!
    Thats actually Ariel and Eric kissing in that part. In the back, you can see Ursula being defeated.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Thanks to asianbma for posting the video, it's very much appreciated.

I think the ride looks fantastic. Sure I could quibble and nitpick a few things as other mention above, but by and large, they got it right. I love that we are close to the action, and not far away like in Pooh. I love the subdued use of digital effects with traditional animatronics up front. Thank you Disney for this great addition to the park, and more dark rides like this please (Beauty and the Beast next?).
    Agreed. Well put. I think a lot of people really have unrealistic expectations of what a dark ride is. While I admit I'd love to see a ride on parr with POTC, that's not what a dark ride is.
    I may feel differently when I see it for real, but I think it will fast become a favorite ride.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Thats actually Ariel and Eric kissing in that part. In the back, you can see Ursula being defeated.
    I wouldn't call that defeat. I call that Ursula still huge and have a hissy fit over Ariel magically getting her voice back and marrying Eric.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Agreed. Well put. I think a lot of people really have unrealistic expectations of what a dark ride is. While I admit I'd love to see a ride on parr with POTC, that's not what a dark ride is.
    I may feel differently when I see it for real, but I think it will fast become a favorite ride.
    Maybe because of how it was getting praised for being how wonderful the ride was going to be?

The ride just looks good, but could have been better imo.

I actually believe that Disneyland "fans" enjoy Disneyland a lot less that "regular" people.

So ironic.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by readandburn View Post
    I actually believe that Disneyland "fans" enjoy Disneyland a lot less that "regular" people.

So ironic.
    And where did you come up with that?

If I could Id be at Disneyland every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by readandburn View Post

So ironic.
    While that may look like it I think it's safer to say that Disneyland fans, like hardcore MC fans, expect more from the resort than a tourist. Fact.

When I see things like, "I was expecting the ride to be at least 10 mins." or "There wasn't enough story", "I didn't like the projections," it makes me thing, "then what did you expect when you set your own expectations so high?" It's moreso nitpicking because you want the attraction to be the best in your own eyes. Which is why I'm not bothering on reading the reviews because many people here set themselves up for a huge dissapointment. I'm just going to go next week and see it myself, keeping in mind, it's a Fantasyland dark ride, nothing more, so don't come in expecting an underwater Haunted Mansion.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    While that may look like it I think it's safer to say that Disneyland fans, like hardcore MC fans, expect more from the resort than a tourist. Fact.

When I see things like, "I was expecting the ride to be at least 10 mins." or "There wasn't enough story", "I didn't like the projections," it makes me thing, "then what did you expect when you set your own expectations so high?" It's moreso nitpicking because you want the attraction to be the best in your own eyes. Which is why I'm not bothering on reading the reviews because many people here set themselves up for a huge dissapointment. I'm just going to go next week and see it myself, keeping in mind, it's a Fantasyland dark ride, nothing more, so don't come in expecting an underwater Haunted Mansion.
    Thank you.

But, but even if it is just a dark ride, it COULD have been better. But I will hold my final judgement till I ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Thank you.

But, but even if it is just a dark ride, it COULD have been better. But I will hold my final judgement till I ride it.
    Of course, a lot of things could be better, but as it stands, it's still a darkride.

Honestly, I think DCA was just lacking so many things in the beginning that anything new we're getting at this point is always going to be held at an almost impossible standard.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    Of course, a lot of things could be better, but as it stands, it's still a darkride.

Honestly, I think DCA was just lacking so many things in the beginning that anything new we're getting at this point is always going to be held at an almost impossible standard.
    True true. I agree with you.

• Infinitized!

One observation I just made from watching the video; the fish on the left wall just before the Under the Sea segment - too bad these aren't moving. I mean if they can get Billy Bass to sing and move, they could've animated these few fish. Would've made this very minor scene a little better.

But it's great to see a new dark ride at the resort where there are no toy guns or 3D glasses involved.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    One observation I just made from watching the video; the fish on the left wall just before the Under the Sea segment - too bad these aren't moving. I mean if they can get Billy Bass to sing and move, they could've animated these few fish. Would've made this very minor scene a little better.

But it's great to see a new dark ride at the resort where there are no toy guns or 3D glasses involved.
    This is true.

The only thing that I'm disappointed about is that they didn't add Ariel's sisters into the ride, but otherwise OHMAHGAWDCANNOTWAITTOGOONTHISONWEDNESDAY!!!!
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast