Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Re: The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure - FULL Video RIDE Through in HD!!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I asked this in another thread rhetorically, but now I'm really asking. For people who DID expect it to be a HM experience, exactly what did you expect in that regard? I just dont understand what people wanted? It IS a darkride and its about the Disney character like 90% of those rides. HM and POTC are original stories that dont even have a main storyline (well at least POTC didnt USE to have one) and they are more immersive because they are suppose to take place in the 'real world' I guess. You are suppose to believe these places exist. In fact most dark rides that rival HM and POTC in other parks like Spaceship Earth, Horizons, etc in Epcot, 20,000 leagues in TDS, GMR in MGM, etc are all very immersive, massive, etc, but takes on a real world feel and all pretty loose in terms of story.

TLM is a fantasy cartoon. Its far from reality as you can get. The tone is very different and sticks closely to a famaliar story. But I wonder if you tried to build it as those previous rides, what would you have done differently to equal those?
    This doesnt gear towards me since I never expected to be just like one of those rides. As for me, im not gonna explain again why I had such a negative look at the ride as a FIRST impression off a video.

Im aware of that

• Banned User

No I wasnt suggesting you or anyone who just has issues with the ride. That's 100% fine and in fact, all the posts I read from you I actually agree even though I havent seen it! You made clear points what dissappointed you! But I'm talking about those people who DID litterally say they expected it to be up to those rides level, but was dissappointed it wasnt.

But thats the problem. They created this perception this ride was going to equal those, even though Disney NEVER said that was even the intent, but in their eyes Disney failed because it didnt happen as they percieved it would. In other words, they hate the fact Disney didnt build the ride they wanted. This is what confuses me about the internet and people. Disney has ALWAYS said it will be an elaborate dark ride, which from all discussions, positive or negative, they did just that. People can argue with the execution of it, but they all seem to agree its at least a few clicks above Snow White or Mr. Toads.

But, this being a Disney board, Disney didnt reach THEIR expectations of what THEY wanted, so Disney failed them. How can Disney fail them if that was never the intent of the ride? Its like saying President of the United States failed on providing certain policies while in office that he never said he would do in the first place. They just EXPECTED he would do it just because his ideology aligns with theirs, so therefore he failed them. Thats the kind of thinking I scratch my head on.

• The Pumpkin King

No I wasnt suggesting you or anyone who just has issues with the ride. I'm talking about those people who DID litterally say they expected it to be up to those rides level, but was dissappointed it wasnt.

But thats a problem. They created this perception this ride was going to equal those, even though Disney EVER said that was even the intent, but in their eyes Disney failed. This is what confuses me about the internet and people. Disney has ALWAYS said it will be an elaborate dark ride, which from all discussions, they did just that. People can argue with the execution of it, but they all seem to agree its at least a few clicks above Snow White or Mr. Toads.

But, this being a Disney board, Disney didnt reach THEIR expectations of what THEY wanted, so Disney failed them. How can Disney fail them if that was never the intent of the ride? Its like saying President of the United States failed on providing certain policies that he never said he would do in the first place. They just EXPECTED he would do it just because his ideology aligns with theirs, so therefore he failed them. Thats the kind of thinking I scratch my head on.
    Lol. Well anyways, eventhough I made some negative comments about it, those were just personal reasons that just bugged me. But I'm sure I will enjoy the ride as I do with most DLR attractions

• Banned User

Again, thats perfectly fine! I never suggested otherwise. I EXPECT to like it based on what I know of it, but could very well hate it when I actually ride it! I'll know in about 8 days.

• Banned User

I went on TLM today three times, and here is my review.
    First, there is barely any legroom inside the clamshells. (I am 6'3")
    The under the sea segment was incredibly bright.
    I am my opinion, much better than small world, pooh, and all of the fantasyland dark rides.
    Not as good as haunted or pirates.
    This is the ride that DCA needs, family friendly, fresh, fun and exciting.

• Banned User

So on a scale of 1-10, how would you rate it?

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

Not being able to get the resort till 2013 I decided to have a little watch and I am quite impressed,

Firstly thanks for the video, and in HD to , Sure the ride has its problems, but so does every ride and some of those problems like lighting in UTS portion can be fixed easily, but overall it deffinetly has more positive's than negatives, absolutely love all the AA's and Imagineering should deffinetly be congratulated for all their hard work and effort put into the ride.

Also if we look at the AA's at the finale that are the same as the UTS scene it is helpfull to think of them as the same characters not just left overs, because they were written in it would be a very boring party with just triton and sebastian in the water :P

Btw for anyone who was interested in TLM ride that was included on the DVD here it is -

Its not that different really they have just focused more on the music in the DCA ride than this one, which makes it a much happier brighter ride than this proposed on from the 90's.
    -Luke

• Infinitized!

What I like about that original concept is how they used two floor's of the building, and your ride vehicle would go down under the sea, and then come back up for the final scenes.

• The Pumpkin King

Again, thats perfectly fine! I never suggested otherwise. I EXPECT to like it based on what I know of it, but could very well hate it when I actually ride it! I'll know in about 8 days.
    I'll know on june 5th

• Banned User

So on a scale of 1-10, how would you rate it?
    I'd give it a 9/10

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    What I like about that original concept is how they used two floor's of the building, and your ride vehicle would go down under the sea, and then come back up for the final scenes.
    But people already complain about the building size. Imagine doubling it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

So is the ride going to be open tomorrow (and Star Touts and the new parade?)

• Banned User

Mermaid may soft open tomorrow, as for Star Tours, AP previews only.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matterhorn View Post
    Mermaid may soft open tomorrow, as for Star Tours, AP previews only.
    Thank you, I'm getting my AP tomorrow so I'll be able to check out everything WHOOO!!!

- I've gotta say, I'm just disappointed because of the incredibly small spaces in the ride and the poor use of said space.
    - Ariel's eyebrows are REALLY high and she NEEDS lipstick and some other stuff from the movie. The most distracting thing to me about the ride is actually that Ariel looks so... off model. I think her hair needs a little more texture; even a spray paint-y shading might make it look a little more natural and like the movie.
    - IDK why they gave Triton real hair when everyone else has that fake stuff, that really threw me off. - Ursula's eyes are a little odd, too; are they moving?
    - I wish Max was in there...
    - I think that if they made Ursula's track a smidge longer a slower speed would have worked for the vehicles.
    - Best effect = the first descent into the ocean, with the screen acting as water above you.
    - Part of your World was great and almost perfect... except Ariel and her Marge Simpson lips was SUPER distracting. The hair here was cool, though.
    - Under the Sea was fun, but it DOES need darkening, disco balls, and real bubbles.
    - Conehead Ariel is seriously misguided. She needs to have fish swimming around it or else it's out of context.
    - Rest was really good (LOVE Ursula and Kiss De Girl), but the pre-finale was horrible. We can't get SOME lightning or animation into the static Ursula thingie? And PLEASE take out the silhouette of Ariel's voice coming back to her, it could be cool if we actually SAW Ursula's demise, though.
    - All they needed for the finale was a few of Ariel's sisters/Merpeople to populate the last scene; the Under The Sea character ripoffs were NOT good and REALLY cheap.
    - All the AAs were really great technically, but the art department clearly did not refer to the movie like they said; something as simple as Ariel's lips shouldn't have been overlooked.
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast