Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Become part of MY world!

Re: The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure - FULL Video RIDE Through in HD!!

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    So I guess this video confirms that the ride is in fact 7 minutes long.

No.....

The interior has an amazing amount of detail. Even from the video you can see that.
    Actually, he was slowed down at the end, probably because of a wheelchair, it's close to around 6 mins without slowing down. Thanks for the video! It's great to see it translated in a video, but really, it does it no justice! You gotta see it for yourself!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    So I guess this video confirms that the ride is in fact 7 minutes long.
    Not really, there's two moments ("Kiss the Girl", finale) where his vehicle was slowed down to creep mode, probably due to assisting a disabled guest. More like six minutes is the norm.

As for thoughts on the video: I will still see the ride in person, as I plan to on Tuesday. That being said, here you get an idea for the "climax" of the ride being as poor as it was. They couldn't even add lightning projection in the background for Ursula? What... did the 100 million just run out suddenly? This is the only disappointing part in an otherwise charming attraction. Is the lighting too bright? It looks like it... but I'll see it in person to fully determine.

I really love the animatronics, they are spectacular. It's clear WDI wants them to be the focus. The "Under the Sea" room is very, very amazing and kinetic, as it will most likely be the highlight. Scuttle as the bookend of the attraction is also a feature I was not aware of, which I love. Is it an E-ticket? No. The ride peaks too early, and is truncated in its final third. The pacing is just all over the place here, instead of flowing consistently like the FL dark rides do (even Snow White doesn't become messy in its final third until the very last thing you see), which is a sad detriment.

Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing it in person.

• Banned User

Oh okay thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    No plans to watch the video, trying to not be spoiled, but is it really a 7 min ride afterall?
    It CAN be. Depends on how many times the ride slows for guests at the loading area. This video was taken with many, many slow periods (especially the final scene). When we rode, it was slow for the first half and normal speed for the second half, so our ride came in at about 5:45.

i liked it.. i think the ride is more about the animatronics then it is anything else.. the ride looks great.. just what DCA needed.. good job disney ones again

Kids are going to LOVE this!!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    This ride looks pretty nice. HOWEVER, the ride is waaayyy too bright! It needs to be significantly reduced. I could clearly see the ceiling and the stage lights and everything in the video. Also, the Ariel animatronics looks very awkward and all of the moving characters weren't very fluid. While the ride DOES look good, WDI could have done a much better job. To me, it looks as if they focused more on the exterior of the building than they did with the interior.

Then again, maybe it is just the video.
    The animatronics aren't so bad. At least this ride is way ahead of Pooh and Monster's Inc. This is the first real 21st century dark ride and we need more of them.

*SPOILERS OF YOUTUBE VID BELOW*

There a couple of dissappointments. As Firebolt says the lighting needs to be reduced, mainly in the "Under the Sea" sequence. That kind of threw me off from the whole underwater experience. I wouldn't have mind them using more CGI instead of animatronics in that scene if it made the believability of fishes swimming around look a little more believable.

My other big disappointment is the ending: no final showdown scene. Reminds me of the super-fast-WTF-fast-forwarding of the movie they do for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show at DHS and it looks like they filled the last scene with leftover animatronics from the "Under the Sea" sequence. A bit sloppy if you ask me.

I'm hoping maybe that Magic Kingdom's version will be altered to include a climax scene (and a better ending) since they have the room for it.

All in all it still looks great, especially for a ride in DCA.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I look forward to seeing it in person, and looks like has some neat effects...the ending suffers, seemingly, from Snow White dark ride syndrome (tell it in a painting!). A few of the Ariel AA's..and this could be me/subjective...do just look weird/creepy, though...kind of too uncanny valley/going for realistic movement with looking too cartoony. Ends up just being unnerving. Oh well, hard to call it either way from one video...will enjoy it doubtless when can ride in person.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ok those who are complaining about it being to bright... the OP said he apologizes for the brightness but he forgot to change the settings on his camera so it came out a bit overexposed in some areas... and I can totally see where it is.

My thoughts? For what it is, I like it! I have a weird little connection with Little Mermaid (since I sang "Part of Your World" in the high school musical my senior year... like 20 years ago). Ariel is the only princess I can stand (I want to smack the others). ANYHOW... the AA's are impressive, especially Scuttle and Ursula. Ariel looks much better under show lighting, but... girlfriend needs some lipstick! I do think the ending is a bit too abrupt and very "WTF?!" worthy. For for being basically an "upscale" Fantasyland darkride, it's great.

Looking forward to WDW's version in the next couple years! Hopefully by then they'll have a better fix to the finale in ours, but we'll see.

Ride looks great. The only thing that seems off is the transition from the Kiss the Girl scene to the end finale. It seems like there's a scene missing. Kind of ends abruptly. Otherwise looks pretty solid.

As with every dark ride video, you're not going to notice the majority of the "not obvious" detail. That being said this looks pretty damn good, and clearly the best dark ride in the resort that isn't in New Orleans Square

• Tink 2 Three

Thanks for all your hard work asianbma! I really appreciate being able to see the ride in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post

My other big disappointment is the ending: no final showdown scene. Reminds me of the super-fast-WTF-fast-forwarding of the movie they do for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show at DHS and it looks like they filled the last scene with leftover animatronics from the "Under the Sea" sequence. A bit sloppy if you ask me.

All in all it still looks great, especially for a ride in DCA.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    No plans to watch the video, trying to not be spoiled, but is it really a 7 min ride afterall?
    Few seconds short of 7mins.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    A few of the Ariel AA's..and this could be me/subjective...do just look weird/creepy, though...kind of too uncanny valley/going for realistic movement with looking too cartoony. Ends up just being unnerving.
    That seems like a normal problem when translating a 2D character into 3D, especially since we're going from hand drawn, ink and paint Ariel to a fully sculpted Ariel that has a skin and moving parts.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast