Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure - FULL Video RIDE Through in HD!!

During this whole time, I've been contemplating on whether I want to watch the video or not.

I just broke down and watched it. It looks freakin amazing! I figured that the video is just half the experience as seeing this in person. Thanks for the vid!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    Is that Bathroom Tile?!

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    During this whole time, I've been contemplating on whether I want to watch the video or not.

I just broke down and watched it. It looks freakin amazing! I figured that the video is just half the experience as seeing this in person. Thanks for the vid!
    I'm not watching it only because I want to be more excited when I go on Tuesday!

• let's talk Disney, okay!

wow... beautiful! And thats just on video!

The lighting will not look the same in person people.

LOOOOOOOOVE the look of the Kiss The Girl scene! Can't wait to see it in person in a couple weeks!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    That seems like a normal problem when translating a 2D character into 3D, especially since we're going from hand drawn, ink and paint Ariel to a fully sculpted Ariel that has a skin and moving parts.
    True, that adds to it as well...being used to seeing her as a flat drawing and such, and one not intrinsic say to the Pirates of the Caribbean or Indy or the HM ghosts, etc since they are either new characters or always been viewed in "3D" or are real people...and given the other dark ride figures (in Fantasyland, like Pinocchio, the Old Hag, Captain Hook, etc) are basically statues...no moving faces and animated parts to make them look different than animated counterparts.

• ITS A TRAP

so is today a soft opening?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    This ride looks pretty nice. HOWEVER, the ride is waaayyy too bright! It needs to be significantly reduced. I could clearly see the ceiling and the stage lights and everything in the video. Also, the Ariel animatronics looks very awkward and all of the moving characters weren't very fluid. While the ride DOES look good, WDI could have done a much better job. To me, it looks as if they focused more on the exterior of the building than they did with the interior.

Then again, maybe it is just the video.
    NOPE. you nailed it. This ride needs more - the story is difficult to follow, it jumps ahead to fast, reminds me of Splash Mountain combined with Small world. Yes there is a couple of animated characters, but overall, this ride is not up to snuff. The lighting is way too bright in the big room, and it doesn't have an underwater feel at all...how about some bubbles people! As I said in an earlier post...Its not the kind of ride that you want to go on every time you visit the park such as Pirates, Indy or HM. Fun for the family, but nothing spectacular to write home about.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

A few thoughts.

First, I've ridden the attraction just 3 times. My overall impression is VERY positive. If judged as a Fantasyland-style dark ride, this one is the tops in the resort. This is THE best family dark ride attraction (not counting the E-Ticket dark rides like Mansion, Pirates, Small World) in my opinion. If Disney made a mistake it was in over-hyping this attraction and making people think it would be some sort of E-Ticket. However, if correct expectations are set, it really is a great ride for its demographic.

To quibble over the minor details, this ride is missing a few connecting scenes which would add tension after Ursula gives Ariel legs but takes her voice and the jump from kissing the prince and then getting married is just too much. BUT, it is a short dark ride and they still manage to fit in most of the story.

My main issue with the ride is lighting. It is WAY too bright in the Under the Sea scene. They really just need to lower the light level and use colorful spots on the action characters. Perhaps even spotlighting some of the characters as they are mentioned in the song. As it is now, it looks like work lights are on, that's how bright it is. I know they want the room to seem like an upbeat party, but they can still achieve this feeling with true theatrical lighting.

The ride may seem longer than it really is because it frequently slows down or stops for disabled riders. But that's ok, it just gives you more time in the attraction.

DCA NEEDS this ride and I think it is a knock-out hit. Perhaps they can still fix the lighting and even add projections and other connective tissue between scenes. But even if they do none of those fixes, kids and adults alike are going to love this wonderful new addition to the resort.

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Is the last scene with Ursula in the water the finished product? o.O
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

Thanks for sharing I can't wait for the ride. I will try and ride it when it opens the 31st and the 1st for APs

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

Thanks for the video!!!!!!! Great chance to get a peek at the new ride for those of us that can't make it to the resort this year.

Looks pretty cool to me. Yes, the ending is abrupt, but so are most of the FL dark rides. I don't think this is nearly as abrupt as Snow White. Whatever, minor quibble anyway. I suspect this will be DCA's Peter Pan equivalent - the one dark ride you MUST ride every visit. Thumbs up! Can't wait until I can see it in person.

Thanks again.
    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12
    DW Trips: '08
    International parks: Some day...

Thanks for posting this; I won't be back for a while, so it was nice to be able to experience it along with all you lucky people who will be visiting sometime soon. Nice camera work, by the way!

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

5:28-5:41 in the video is the weakest part of the ride for me. The painting/cutout of Ursula is absolutely useless, especially since there isn't even dramatic music. The silhouette of Eric and Ariel just looks like they couldn't think of anything to do there.
    If I were to redo that section, I would make the whole thing a depiction of the climax scene, with a moving silhouette shadow of Ursula covering the back wall and projected rain and lightning.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.29.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

•   
    • Minion

I think it looks great! Can't wait to go on it and experience it for myself.

• (Not a) New User

I couldn't decide whether to spoil it for myself or not, so I just watched the first half of it. I'll leave the rest for my trip in a few weeks

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast