Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure - FULL Video RIDE Through in HD!!

Thanks for the video asianbma.

I can't wait to ride it for myself. From the video, it looks like all of the AA's look great, although I am not sure how I feel about that AA of Ariel during the "Under the Sea" scene. She looks a little awkward. Maybe that's just me..

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting the video. I don't have a clue when I am going to make it out to California again, so this is really appreciated by me. Gotta love today's technology.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post

I can't wait to ride it for myself. From the video, it looks like all of the AA's look great, although I am not sure how I feel about that AA of Ariel during the "Under the Sea" scene. She looks a little awkward. Maybe that's just me..

I absolutely thought the same thing; I think it's partly the hair that is standing straight up. I get that it is the water pulling her hair upward, but I don't think it translates well. Maybe it's better in person.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    I absolutely thought the same thing; I think it's partly the hair that is standing straight up. I get that it is the water pulling her hair upward, but I don't think it translates well. Maybe it's better in person.
    Yeah, I'm not going to knock it until I ride it, but that part just seemed weird.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post

It's the hair....the movement and dancing is fine, just, I get what the inspiration was from the movie...but looks a little strange with no indication why it is all swirly, and stuck like that indefinitely. Awkward pose and looks not natural/moving.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond
    It's the hair....the movement and dancing is fine, just, I get what the inspiration was from the movie...but looks a little strange with no indication why it is all swirly, and stuck like that indefinitely. Awkward pose and looks not natural/moving.
    Yeah I think that is part of the problem.

BTW, wow!

Great video , thanks . I hope when the ride opens for real that they enforce the NO Flash photography. People were taking flash every scene, even the dark ursula part, how rude.

Positives: Ursula's lair is definitely the best part. The animatronics are very nice! Ariel and Eric looking at each other after waving bye is great. The almost kiss is great too. The colors and detail are awesome. Scuttle is the best!
    Negatives:I didn't like the under the sea Ariel in the preview vids and I still dont. The hair shouldn't have been standing up. I understand the part of the movie that came from but it really doesnt translate well when you're not really under water. The ending was definitely rushed and can be confusing. Rather than a still Ursula they could have added some animation projection (not sure if thats what its actually called) to create a more descriptive ending.
    Thanks for the vid!
    Last edited by xoDisneyLove; 05-26-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks for the video

After watching this... Iv'e got to say a great deal of the negativity towards this ride going around the project tracker the last weeks or so is way too critical! This ride is exactly what I expected it to be and maybe a bit more! The AAs are really well done, except for the under the sea Ariel, her hair... there is just something I really don't like about it!, anyway I think it is a great dark ride, it will bring a lot of that family audience that DCA was missing due to a lack of child/family oriented attractions. I think too many people were expecting a new HM or POC... overall I would rate this a 8/10! Can't wait to see in person in July!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Looks like a nice d-ticket attraction, and (and could still use a few more). And Definitely a long overdue tribute to the movie that brought in the 2nd golden age of Disney.

It's great to see that the scenery is close to the clamshells, I was afraid that they might be further away, like Monsters or Pooh. The attraction does look colorful, and does have some interesting effects.

However, there are two major things about this attraction that I wish would be different:

One ~ I wish the clam shells would have been suspended vehicles, like in peter pan. This would have given a much better illusion of being under the sea and make it even more popular.
    Two ~ I wish the exterior of the building would have been either King Tritons Castle or Prince Eric's Castle. Unfortunately, because of DCA's incredibly insipid pier theme, were stuck with an exterior that doesn't create much of a fantasy. I'm definitely jealous of TDS's King Tritons Castle and WDW's soon to be Prince Eric's Castle. It's really too bad that DL get stuck with something much less magical.

• A Malice in Wonderland...

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    No, I didn't think it translated any better in person. Maybe worse actually. Now let me just say that I really enjoyed the attraction so I'm really just picking nits here but in person, with the under the sea Ariel, she seems really small and also i noticed that I could see some subtle movements of the mechanisms under her skin in her stomach. A minor criticism, but you could tell it was just a metal structure underneath the "skin" of the animatronic.

Great video though Asianbma!
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• The Pumpkin King

Wheres the video at? o_0

• Nerd

By the way...When you rode it, didn't they have signs everywhere saying NO VIDEOS AND NO PHOTOGRAPHY as the ride is still in testing mode?
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Wheres the video at? o_0
    page 1 first post. i had that issue too lol

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    By the way...When you rode it, didn't they have signs everywhere saying NO VIDEOS AND NO PHOTOGRAPHY as the ride is still in testing mode?
    No, I didn't see any sign at the entrance and at the door.

If there was a sign posted, I wouldn't be posting it until June 3rd.

As you can see in the video, the 2 cast members were looking at me in the beginning of the video. And throughout the video, you can see a lot of camera flash going off.

Note: As I enter through the queue there are NO signs anywhere that prohibit me from recording or taking pictures.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast