Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Re: The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure - FULL Video RIDE Through in HD!!

NVM, I found it. Yeah that one room is too bright.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    By the way...When you rode it, didn't they have signs everywhere saying NO VIDEOS AND NO PHOTOGRAPHY as the ride is still in testing mode?
    No, I didn't see any sign at the entrance and at the door.

If there was a sign posted, I wouldn't be posting it until June 3rd.

As you can see in the video, the 2 cast members were looking at me in the beginning of the video. And throughout the video, you can see a lot of camera flash going off.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I dont get it.. the under the sea room looks fine to me.. it should be bright.. its the big bright colorful musical number from the movie...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• formerly very helpful

Looks good. I will agree with most everyone who stated it, that the up hair in the Under the Sea part looked funky. Honestly, I didn't even like that part in the film.

However, the AAs look really smooth and fluid. It's easily going to be my favorite dark ride.

Can't wait to see it in person.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I dont get it.. the under the sea room looks fine to me.. it should be bright.. its the big bright colorful musical number from the movie...
    The whole ride looks great. I actually decided to watch the video. And it has made me even more excited to ride, on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• The Pumpkin King

Yes, but it ruins the illusion of being underwater, and second, you see the black thing thats holding those fish that are swimming in circles, and 3rd, you can see the lights

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Looks good. I will agree with most everyone who stated it, that the up hair in the Under the Sea part looked funky. Honestly, I didn't even like that part in the film.

However, the AAs look really smooth and fluid. It's easily going to be my favorite dark ride.

Can't wait to see it in person.
    This might sound nit pickyesh, but Ariel's Mermaid AA, her face doesnt look the same as it did in the movies which kinda bothers me. She looks a bit different and the hair in both scenes is like "meh".

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

No matter what lighting you will see the device making the fish swim in circles. I personally dont think it ruins any illusion. Once you are under water and in the fishes world, it would no longer look like you are underwater, it would look normal to you. And you can see the lights on lots of rides.... thats the problem with lights.. they can be hard to hide when you need to light a big room. even if they dimmed the lights, you would still see the lights.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

i think i like the ride on the dvd better. it made more sense. oh well. can't wait to watch the wdw version. this ride doesn't look like $100 million to me. and I was expecting woc to cost more tho that was cheaper.
    I like the ending with the fireworks and the AA. that was the best.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    By the way...When you rode it, didn't they have signs everywhere saying NO VIDEOS AND NO PHOTOGRAPHY as the ride is still in testing mode?
    I think that just goes for the CM testing, no? I thought for soft openings it would be the same as if the ride was normally operating.

• The Pumpkin King

No matter what lighting you will see the device making the fish swim in circles. I personally dont think it ruins any illusion. Once you are under water and in the fishes world, it would no longer look like you are underwater, it would look normal to you. And you can see the lights on lots of rides.... thats the problem with lights.. they can be hard to hide when you need to light a big room. even if they dimmed the lights, you would still see the lights.
    Which imo its pretty disappointing that they couldnt find a way to hide it or do it a different way then just leave something totally noticable like that.

If you're a talking fish/crab/mermaid yeah im sure you can tell if you underwater or on the surface.

Sure you can see lights on other rides, but the big rooms lights in this ride were just straight noticable.

The reason I am nit picking so much is because I had high expetations for this ride because of the technology, but also because of they were saying how great and wonderful the ride was going to be.

Now this is just my 1st impresion of the ride, but it might change once I actually ride it.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    i think i like the ride on the dvd better. it made more sense. oh well. can't wait to watch the wdw version. this ride doesn't look like $100 million to me. and I was expecting woc to cost more tho that was cheaper.
    I like the ending with the fireworks and the AA. that was the best.
    If the ride was made like that, that would have been awesome.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I like it, not going to be my favorite (or dark ride) I'll have to go on it still but from what I've seen I expected too much from this ride, they did some of the rooms better than I could have thought and some (Ursala death and kiss the Girl) are kinda weaker than what I would have thought of doing. Still even with my small problems with the ride its a good addition to the park and want to go on it as soon as i can

Waiting for my trip in December so I won't watch the video but I hope the end feels more like a nod to Fantasyland rides than that they ran out of money.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I like it, not going to be my favorite (or dark ride) I'll have to go on it still but from what I've seen I expected too much from this ride, they did some of the rooms better than I could have thought and some (Ursala death and kiss the Girl) are kinda weaker than what I would have thought of doing. Still even with my small problems with the ride its a good addition to the park and want to go on it as soon as i can
    Same here and agreed.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast