Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Re: The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure - FULL Video RIDE Through in HD!!

So the whole story is that Scuttle tells you the story of the Little Mermaid right. I wish they added some kind of lightning effect or even some dramatic music to signify the death of Ursula.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

If anyone is interested in seeing Scuttle's dialogue in the first scene:

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.23.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

• Future Cast Member

Wow, it looks great! I agree that the end is abrupt, and Ariel's hair in the under the sea portion is very disproportionate to her body, but otherwise it's a great attraction. I can't wait to ride it.

My biggest gripe, though, is that Scuttle doesn't sound like Scuttle!

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Much better than I expected. Looking forward to riding it on Tuesday. I'd put it ahead of all the Fl rides, but not to the level of HM and Pirates. Pretty much liked everything except the Ariel with the ice cream hair.

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

I spoiled it for myself because the ride won't be open in WDW for a while and I couldn't resist! The ride is gorgeous but SO choppy. There are some real gems in this ride--Flounder waving to Ariel in the final tableau, Ariel and Eric looking at each other after they wave, Scuttle and Ursula AAs, the Ursula's lair set--but there also seems to be some big issues. The ride starts quite close to the load. I wonder if sound bleeds in and out? Unless there's something going on in those corridors that we can't see, there appears to be a lot of empty space. My main problem, however, is the lack of consistency in how Ariel is presented. Between the AAs, traditional 2D (in Ursula's crystal ball), updated 2D (mural, logo, poster) and CGI animation (Ariel's leg transformation, Ariel swimming overhead), it just looks sloppy. The AA also looks nothing like Ariel. I admittedly love the tail but her bust and face and just wrong. Her face needs more accurate painting and more uplighting (there are weird shadows from her hair). She has no bust and her clamshells seem oddly off model. The custard hair (as my fiancé put it) is so out of place. The grotto hair looks fine and I wish they had just reused it. The depth in the final tableau is really bizarre. It looks like Triton is in a moat. They couldn't have made it a little deeper? I'm not even going to get into the climax situation because it's already been stated.

While the above is pretty negative, I did enjoy the ride and I think it's a great addition to the dark ride line up. I'm glad Ariel finally has a ride and it is better than most of the dark rides (with Peter Pan being its equal, in my opinion). I can't wait to see what they do with it in WDW. A solid D ticket, for sure.

The Kiss the Girl Ariel seemed the best in my opinion, with the Under the Sea one being the weakest. Everything following Ursula was also rather weak in my opinion, especially the same facing way it just made things seem a little like a museum diorama on an airport speedwalk. I feel that a squiggle in the track and a flip of where the omnimovers were would be much more effective. The lights can be adjusted, and the climax scene really didn't seem too bad to me. The finale however was quite the letdown, this one had the worst lights I think and the blatant reuse of the Under the Seas AAs was a little cheesey (even a different paint job would help).

Scuttle, I love. He's a great bookend piece at the beginning and the end. I feel he should have been around the corner at the very beginning after a brief pass through the boat. But as an AA he is definitely a favorite of mine. Flotsam and Jetsam were also great surprises. Ursula....was amzing, loved her sequence.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    The finale however was quite the letdown, this one had the worst lights I think and the blatant reuse of the Under the Seas AAs was a little cheesey (even a different paint job would help).
    Yeah I actually laughed out loud at that. Ridic.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by MadameGracey73 View Post
    I spoiled it for myself because the ride won't be open in WDW for a while and I couldn't resist! The ride is gorgeous but SO choppy. There are some real gems in this ride--Flounder waving to Ariel in the final tableau, Ariel and Eric looking at each other after they wave, Scuttle and Ursula AAs, the Ursula's lair set--but there also seems to be some big issues. The ride starts quite close to the load. I wonder if sound bleeds in and out? Unless there's something going on in those corridors that we can't see, there appears to be a lot of empty space. My main problem, however, is the lack of consistency in how Ariel is presented. Between the AAs, traditional 2D (in Ursula's crystal ball), updated 2D (mural, logo, poster) and CGI animation (Ariel's leg transformation, Ariel swimming overhead), it just looks sloppy. The AA also looks nothing like Ariel. I admittedly love the tail but her bust and face and just wrong. Her face needs more accurate painting and more uplighting (there are weird shadows from her hair). She has no bust and her clamshells seem oddly off model. The custard hair (as my fiancé put it) is so out of place. The grotto hair looks fine and I wish they had just reused it. The depth in the final tableau is really bizarre. It looks like Triton is in a moat. They couldn't have made it a little deeper? I'm not even going to get into the climax situation because it's already been stated.

While the above is pretty negative, I did enjoy the ride and I think it's a great addition to the dark ride line up. I'm glad Ariel finally has a ride and it is better than most of the dark rides (with Peter Pan being its equal, in my opinion). I can't wait to see what they do with it in WDW. A solid D ticket, for sure.
    I agree with everything you said. But there is one thing that Peter Pan has over of all the Dark Fantasyland rides (including this ride) which is suspended vehicles. But peter pan is still one of the best dark fantasyland rides imo.

Man, for its flaws I've watched that video like 5 times. I can already tell that its going to be a must do every time, just all the little things that you can miss due to the omnimover system. For instance different spotlights showed in the Part of Your World sequence, Sebastian (I think) pops out of a chest. Seems like there are many other potential things that could happen in that scene and I would love to see them all! Kiss the Girl has also gotten better each time I watched it, I think its the 3rd best scene of them all.

How short of a loop does Ursula have? It seemed like we came into it at "...Caspian Sea" and as we left the same part came up again. I really like it when the sequences have long audio loops so its different each time you ride, like what Scuttle has! Its great that he has such a long dialogue so it can be different for every ride, and for that poor ride op that has to stand near him.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    So the whole story is that Scuttle tells you the story of the Little Mermaid right. I wish they added some kind of lightning effect or even some dramatic music to signify the death of Ursula.

Wait a min, I thought this ride was more about "musical" than story telling? Confused here xD

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Wait a min, I thought this ride was more about "musical" than story telling? Confused here xD
    Thats how Disney gets out of paying the extra 1000's of bucks saying "its about the music" instead of just adding the Animatronic to that room they made they put a painting....kinda lame to me

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I don't see the big deal with the finale. I think it's quite nice, a lil rushed yeah, but nothing like Snow White and it doesn't just end with some mural. It ends with three fully animated human figures waving goodbye and then the fully animated Scuttle ending his story. I really love how they added him in the end as well.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Thats how Disney gets out of paying the extra 1000's of bucks saying "its about the music" instead of just adding the Animatronic to that room they made they put a painting....kinda lame to me
    lolwut?

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I don't see the big deal with the finale. I think it's quite nice, a lil rushed yeah, but nothing like Snow White and it doesn't just end with some mural. It ends with three fully animated human figures waving goodbye and then the fully animated Scuttle ending his story. I really love how they added him in the end as well.
    At least we know the wicked queen died

• Thrill Seeker

We loved the video of the ride - thanks sooo much for posting it.
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast