Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

• The Pumpkin King

Re: The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure - FULL Video RIDE Through in HD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    1. Snow White, Pinocchio, Alice, and Peter Pan ALL appear in the ride. if you're experiencing the story "along" with them, why not Ariel? what's the difference?

Also, Peter Pan's storyline does not make even the slightest amount of sense.

2. I agree her face is a little off, but it's not magic. it won't be perfect. use your imagination.

3. I'm bringing up Peter Pain again because it's the most celebrated Fantasyland dark ride. it's like two minutes.

4. such as? I think it makes sense just fine. it's about ARIEL. things that don't concern her need to be left out. otherwise, it would only convolute things and ultimately make much less sense.

5. I've posted my thoughts on this just up above so I won't reiterate.. I understand the desire, but it's just not a relevant scene.

6. I haven't been on it in person so I can't accurately judge but based on the video I think it looks fine. what do you suggest?
    At least peter Pan has a beggining, unlike TLM where you start off going through the back of a ship and into Ariel's grotto.

2. If they got characters faces right in other rides, there is no excuse for them to NOT get it right in this ride, especially with technology today.

3. I agree that some scenes in the ride dont make sense. But people like it because you feel like you are there in Neverland, the sky ect.

4. Its about Ariel and her Adventure, so doesnt everything concern her?

5. skipping dont feel like re reading

6. I have not riddin it either, but it did not meet my expitations

Like I said I will ride it for myself

• will-o-the-whip

Thanks to asianbma for posting the video, it's very much appreciated.

I think the ride looks fantastic. Sure I could quibble and nitpick a few things as other mention above, but by and large, they got it right. I love that we are close to the action, and not far away like in Pooh. I love the subdued use of digital effects with traditional animatronics up front. Thank you Disney for this great addition to the park, and more dark rides like this please (Beauty and the Beast next?).

• The Pumpkin King

Everything I mentioned above is just me personally being a picky because of how great and wonderful they were making this ride sound with all this technology . But im sure I will still like the ride once I go on it. My main grip is the ending. If they had at least Giant Ursula projected on the wall dieing as I said before, then it would be better.
    Last edited by White Bones; 05-27-2011 at 01:30 AM.

• Infinitized!

Watched the video again, looks great! The only thing that's disappointing: knowing when this ride gets built overseas at the Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Shanghai parks, with their budgets, it's gonna be a whole lot elaborate and better.

• The Pumpkin King

Ok just watched it a second time. It wasnt as bad as I first thought. But something about the ride still gets a me. I think the best part of the ride is Ursula's lair.

• Banned User

Wow just read people thoughts here. It still amazing people seem to think its great or hate it. This may be the most polarizing ride in years! Can't we go back to the Pooh days where almost everyone just hated it? Less confusing for me!

• Dreamer

Thanks so much for filming and uploading this!

Of all the songs, effects and scenery, I most like the one effect in the beginning when you face the omnimover behind you and the water is projected on it to signify you're going under water.

Now that's the Disney magic I was hoping for.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    No, I didn't see any sign at the entrance and at the door.

If there was a sign posted, I wouldn't be posting it until June 3rd.

As you can see in the video, the 2 cast members were looking at me in the beginning of the video. And throughout the video, you can see a lot of camera flash going off.
    Monday when I went, Signs were everywhere, and managers were crawling all over the place with security. No way, I could take even a picture, never mind a video. I could even see people standing up in the catwalks above the big party room looking down.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I don't see the big deal with the finale. I think it's quite nice, a lil rushed yeah, but nothing like Snow White and it doesn't just end with some mural. It ends with three fully animated human figures waving goodbye and then the fully animated Scuttle ending his story. I really love how they added him in the end as well.
    Scuttle is the key here.

This story is being told by Scuttle, who is emphasized at the beginning and the end. This allows the story to be told from a different perspective with a different emphasis. Its his memory of the story, and we all know how his brain functions.

I'm wondering if people would have been happier with a shadow of a ship moving towards Ursala and then having both of them fade away.

Its funny but I'd be willing to wager that if you look at all the FL dark rides, there are scenes in each one that we wish were done differently, emphasized more, or that were even missed completely.

• keep moving forward...

I'm surprised and happy with the length of this ride, when it gets to WDW its going to the be the one of the longest rides any fantasyland has ever seen.

Yeah, it looks really good!

It's way more cohesive than most of the Fantasyland stories, but the difference is also that this ride goes from big set piece to big set piece, where the FL rides go through showrooms showing different parts of the film.

The only dark Fantasyland ride with an easier to follow story is maybe Mr. Toad, and that one strays from the movie so much it's completely different.

The Ariel animatronic looks like Ariel! The problem is, in order to do a fully working animatronic like she is, they needed to give her lips movement and whatnot, so she looks like a mix of a person and a cartoon character, which is why her giant eyes might be ever so creepy to some. Snow White had smaller eyes.

• Forgotten Spirit

Since all of you complained about the brightness.

Everything looks more to par on what your eyes would see

• Minion

Overall, very nice! I'll love riding it when it comes to the East Coast, or when I manage to get back to the West.

Love the CM costumes, and the Sebastian, Ursula, and Triton scenes are the best.

Nitpicks: I'm not sold on the floating hair effect; I'm not sure what they could have done differently, but it just doesn't work for me. And while I understand why they used those two video screen appearances by Ariel, they did kind of yank me out of the illusion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post

Of all the songs, effects and scenery, I most like the one effect in the beginning when you face the omnimover behind you and the water is projected on it to signify you're going under water.

Now that's the Disney magic I was hoping for.
    YES! That was a very nice moment.

I was able to ride it 4 times in a row.... It has many wonderful details and some letdowns.
    The time between scenes have something to see each time.

I was encouraged at how fast it loaded.
    YouTube - ‪Ltl Mermaid Loading.mov‬‏

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast