Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

SOUNDSATIONAL Parade - Pics and a review

The traditional parade is back on the Disneyland parade route and it is WONDERFUL.

I will post my pics now and go back to add any commentary later.

Mickey and Friends — The parade starts with a drum corps and Mickey and Minnie welcoming everyone to the musical parade

Aladdin Float:

Arabian dancers and the Genie lead the Aladdin float down the parade route. These costumes are the some of the most abstract and elaborate that I saw in the parade. Pretty amazing.

LITTLE MERMAID FLOAT:
    Ariel sits atop a rotating seat as a maraca plating octopus keeps the rhythm. Dancers precede the float with flowing costumes and bright colors. It felt like I was back in the Little Mermaid ride. That's a good thing.

THREE CABALLEROS FLOAT:
    This is a float based on the Three Caballeros film from 1944. An abstract source for a mainstream parade float but it is WONDERFUL. Full of color and fun.

THE PRINCESSES:
    Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Aurora are joined by the newest Disney princess, Rapunzel, whose hair trails up a tower dominating this larger float. Perfect amount of princess. Not too much but enough to keep the little girls happy.

THE LION KING FLOAT:
    Simba stands atop a smaller drum-shaped float before a golden sun featuring the image of King Mufasa. Stilt walkers in African headdresses dance beside the float. The most elaborate and colorful of the costumes.

THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG:
    Princess Tiana, the villainous Dr. Facilier and Louis the trumpet-playing alligator ride aboard a larger Mardi Gras-inspired float.

PETER PAN:
    Tinker Bell takes on the starring role atop the smaller float, which is decorated with giant flowers and humongous mushrooms to make the diminutive pixie appear smaller than the other characters in the parade. Captain Hook chases Peter Pan around the base of the float.

MARY POPPINS:
    This final float features chimney sweeps and horn-playing penguins riding on a whimsical carousel. Mary Poppins dances rides ahead on her trusty, merry-go-round steed with Bert in tow.

Like I said at the outset. The traditional parade has returned to Disneyland and it is WONDERFUL. No show stops, no overly repetitive musical arrangements, but a briskly paced, colorful musical extravaganza featuring some of Disneys most beloved characters.

I Can't remember a time that I loved a parade this much at Disneyland.

Last edited by Fishbulb; 05-26-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: SOUNDSATIONAL Parade - Pics and a review

WOW! Those pictures look AMAZING. Look very Professional. Love the contrast of the picture.

As more pictures is being updated, the more my jaw dropped because of the quality of the picture.

I need to go tomorrow again with family and friends and take picture instead of video.

Admin Note

I've added asianbma's amazing video here so our readers can see even more of this great parade:
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-26-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Video added
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post

What's with Pluto's custom it looks funny looking to me?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks. Your pictures are so wonderful. I feel like I am sitting there along the parade route with all the other Disneyland guests. MiceChat never disappoints. I really do appreciate all the hard work that goes into taking, and posting these pictures for all of us.

I LOVE THESE PICS. The parade looks amazing and I can't wait to see it! the ONLY thing that is really bothering me about it is that Ariel's costume is really... annoying me. I really hate how the tail looks. I know, I know that, that is how mermaid fins look but i really preferred the way her tail was in POD and Fantasmic!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...and/ariel1.jpg

I know it doesn't look like a traditional tail but I really like it, also it doesn't look like she has much flexibility in this new one.... those are just my thoughts and opinions.... don't hurt me! :P

• Everyone neat and pretty?

Thanks for the pictures. They are great!! I can't wait to see the parade in person! It's wonderful to have a real parade back in the park. It looks fun!!
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

More reviews please!

• Queen Elsa

Dose anyone have a good pic of Jose. I need to add him to my wanted list and well I haven't seen a good pic of him.

• Queen Elsa

Any more pics that anybody has.

• Light up the HALO!

WOW. Such a surprise to see a real parade that is this well done. I can't wait to see this. This parade looks to be on POD level. Great job Disney!
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• film975

Both Panchito and Jose are very rare characters seen at Disneyland. I'm glad they put them in this parade.

• It's Human Nature

This parade is fantastic! I just watched it and now I want to fly to California to see it in person. LOL! I'm glad to see Panchito and Jose!

ETA: The only possible dislike that I have is the lack of Jasmine. She could have been standing with Aladdin or with Belle and Cindy on the back of the Princess Float, you know, to even out three in the front and three at the back.
    Last edited by *Jasmine*; 05-26-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    I've got myself a notion, one I know that you'll understand, to set the world in motion by reaching out for each other's hands.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Both Panchito and Jose are very rare characters seen at Disneyland. I'm glad they put them in this parade.
    Not only that, but they are both new costumes. I was looking at pictures of them in the add a character thread and these are much better looking. The faces especially have much more expression.

One problem I had with the parade was the use of Chip and Dale. First you see them on the float with Mickey as little versions. Then they are pushing the Goofy unit. It would have been nice to see them in one place or the other, but not both.

Overall I think it is a nice parade. Nowhere near as neat as Parade of Dreams, but definitely better than what they have had the last few years. The colors and costumes are terrfic. I also appreciate the use of the Three Caballeros for a float. More variety is always good.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Here are two I took. Not sure which one is Jose.

Name:  DSC03520.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  98.0 KBName:  DSC03519.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  116.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Not only that, but they are both new costumes. I was looking at pictures of them in the add a character thread and these are much better looking. The faces especially have much more expression.

One problem I had with the parade was the use of Chip and Dale. First you see them on the float with Mickey as little versions. Then they are pushing the Goofy unit. It would have been nice to see them in one place or the other, but not both.

Overall I think it is a nice parade. Nowhere near as neat as Parade of Dreams, but definitely better than what they have had the last few years. The colors and costumes are terrfic. I also appreciate the use of the Three Caballeros for a float. More variety is always good.
    This.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)