Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Disneyland 2011 Spring Photos By Tom Bricker

Tom, your photos are always fantastic. And your trip reports are very well done, too. I'm going to go check that out.
    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

• We Go On.

Amazing! I've been gaping at your photos since a picture of the day thread on...I guess I should say, "another site." It's awesome to see you share some DLR photos with us here! Thanks, and keep 'em coming!

• Loves Disney

Amazing Photos Tom, Seriously you have skill sir, Ok got to ask did you get that tomorrow land shot on Autotopia and if so that takes some pure lucky timing to have the Monorail and Sub in frame as well moving on a Autotopia car

• Project 626

What kind of camera you use? Are most of this pictures hdr? Trough Photoshop?
    Only with imagination and love will all your dreams come true......

All of your photos are beyond amazing. I especially love the photo of the partners statue with the fireworks, it almost looks unreal.

Your photos are wonderful! I love your creative take that makes familiar places look new. I love to go to DL by myself and just walk around a take photos. Your shots have inspired me to look at things a new way. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Tom, I'm always amazed by your photos. You take the art of photography to a whole new level. If only real life were as perfect as how you make it all seem. WOW!

Diddo!!

• Tom Bricker

Thanks all! I'm really busy right now with home improvement stuff (we're installing a new countertop) and catching up with things at work. I'll try to respond to some of the specific questions tomorrow.

Also will hopefully start getting some new photos edited!

Smile Re: Disneyland 2011 Spring Photos By Tom Bricker

Awesome photos,can't wait to see more.What kind of lense did you use for the pirates of the carribean photo?Also,how do you get the near infared photos?

• Disney Fan & Musician

The Haunted Mansion photo is fantastic.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Awesome photos! I wish I could take pictures as good as these!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Gosh, I need a new camera. Your shots are wonderful!
    It would take me more than just getting a new camera to get shots like this.

Stunning. Just stunning. I keep saying we have some of the best photographers in the world on MiceChat, and I am in awe of all of them including you!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Hi Tom, I "met" you on another Disney boards Photography forum a couple of years ago. I was wondering if you could tell me if you are using an ND filter on these shots, if so which one? Also, I am assuming ISO 100-200? How are you getting such long exposures without blowing them out? I normally stop down the aperture to get the star effect, but if you had an ND filter on, there would be no necessity to stop down the aperture, right? So I'm confused, and curious!! Haha! I saw on the fireworks photo you used a 145 second exposure! How did you get rid of all the smoke that usually clutters up the fireworks shots? I know you are awesome at post processing, and I know nothing except a little bit about processing RAW shots, but just the basics. I am particularly interested in your exif info for the NO Square shot and the 1st shot of the Partners Statue and Castle in the background.
    Are you still using the Tokina Ultra WA lens? Thank you for any info! How do you like that D7000? I saw that you got one.
    Last edited by DisneySuiteFreak; 06-02-2011 at 01:52 AM.

• Tom Bricker

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Tom, I'm always amazed by your photos. You take the art of photography to a whole new level. If only real life were as perfect as how you make it all seem. WOW!
    Hopefully they don’t seem that far off from real life. Most of these photos have *not* been put through the paces of a rigorous Photoshop edit, and with the exception of the infrared ones (and that’s all a result of the camera seeing something different than we see), all I’ve typically done that really impacts the photo is increasing the vibrance.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLoon View Post
    Amazing Photos Tom, Seriously you have skill sir, Ok got to ask did you get that tomorrow land shot on Autotopia and if so that takes some pure lucky timing to have the Monorail and Sub in frame as well moving on a Autotopia car
    Ha. Now that really would be something if I took it from Autopia, but I did not. I was standing in place when I took that photo.

Quote Originally Posted by edwind View Post
    What kind of camera you use? Are most of this pictures hdr? Trough Photoshop?
    I use a Nikon D7000. None of the photos are HDR. Most of my editing is done in Adobe Camera RAW (95% of it) with some minor touch up work in PS.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman98208 View Post
    Awesome photos,can't wait to see more.What kind of lense did you use for the pirates of the carribean photo?Also,how do you get the near infared photos?
    I used a Rokinon 8mm fisheye for that shot. As for the near infrared, I have a converted camera that I bought specifically for this trip. Infrared photography is pretty divisive, it seems. People either love it or hate it. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    It would take me more than just getting a new camera to get shots like this.

Stunning. Just stunning. I keep saying we have some of the best photographers in the world on MiceChat, and I am in awe of all of them including you!!!
    Your first line hits on one of the most annoying things to many photographers. If the camera is what made a difference, you would see people taking gorgeous shots with an iPhone, and everyone who had the same camera as me could take equally gorgeous shots. I’m not saying I’m the end-all be-all of photographers (quite far from it, actually), but to attribute good photography to the camera is like attributing a basketball player’s skills to his shoes. Better shoes might make a bit of a difference, but I know going from my sneakers to some Air Jordans isn’t going to make me NBA caliber!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
    Hi Tom, I "met" you on another Disney boards Photography forum a couple of years ago. I was wondering if you could tell me if you are using an ND filter on these shots, if so which one? Also, I am assuming ISO 100-200? How are you getting such long exposures without blowing them out? I normally stop down the aperture to get the star effect, but if you had an ND filter on, there would be no necessity to stop down the aperture, right? So I'm confused, and curious!! Haha! I saw on the fireworks photo you used a 145 second exposure! How did you get rid of all the smoke that usually clutters up the fireworks shots? I know you are awesome at post processing, and I know nothing except a little bit about processing RAW shots, but just the basics. I am particularly interested in your exif info for the NO Square shot and the 1st shot of the Partners Statue and Castle in the background.
    Are you still using the Tokina Ultra WA lens? Thank you for any info! How do you like that D7000? I saw that you got one.
    The only ND filter shot is the fireworks. I dropped my ND filter on the ground after my first night of shooting fireworks, and shattered it. In any case, I wouldn’t use it for other night shots. I typically use ISO 100-200 at night on a tripod (I’ll go higher if I’m impatient and don’t want to wait for as long of an exposure). I rarely have an issue with smoke in fireworks shots unless it’s blowing right in my face. The rest of the time it sort of blurs out with a longer exposure. I no longer use the Tokina, except on the IR camera. I’m now using a Sigma 8-16mm. I’m not all that wild about the D7000. It’s okay, but not the upgrade I expected. I sort of wish I just stuck with the D90.

• Project 626

wow so all straight from camera with low iso and low shutter? great camera . and amazing photos you got talent im trying to get there try to get myself a zeiss lens soon
    Only with imagination and love will all your dreams come true......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast