• Carbon based

Star Tours Preview - Day 4 - A New Hope (for those who didn't win the lottery :) )

Are you a Star Tours fan? Do you have an AP (preferably a Premium one but if not we might STILL be able to help)? Do you wish you could have seen the previews but unfortunately missed or lost the lottery?

...well today might be your lucky day Yes, sometimes, when you wish upon a star tours, your dreams may come true

Thanks to the totally awesome generosity of a few MCers that were AP Preview 'Duh? Winner!' for this Saturday AND that are willing to take several rotating MCers parties in the ride throughout the day, we have a chance to get maybe up to 50 people to see the previews

Of course, there are a couple of provisos, a couple of quid pro quos...

1. Preferably, you need a premium AP. Non premiums are blocked this week end. If you're a premium, you'll be in the park and can join anytime.
    2. If you're NOT a premium but answer quickly, you might be able to benefit from the few slots left from those same MCers winning ticket to get you in! They're going fast though!
    3. The idea is to get as many people on the ride as possible which likely will mean only ONE ride per person. This may change if some group do not show up of course but it is still in the spirit of 'Share the luck'
    4. There will be ride available both between 9a-1p and 4p-8p. Since we don't know how fast the queue will proceed (yes, it'll definitely be busy this week end), asking for an earlier slot is your better chance to get a ride !
    5. Unless there's a lot of opening/it goes really fast for re-ride, you likely won't be able to tag along at the park if you haven't answered/put your name on the list through this thread beforehand

How will it work for the interested:

• PM me. I will build a list of the users interested in groups of 5 (since the winning MCers can take 5 people with them at a time in the ride.)
    • Each group will have a number in sequence to be identified and a tentative ride time, based on a 30 minutes cycle which is the minimum listed in between getting new fastpasses. Depending on line, this may get longer.
    • I'll setup a dedicated twitter so people know which group is riding, when the next is coming up, how fast are we cycling, etc. That way, people can enjoy the park(s) while waiting for their preview slot
    • If it goes long and all the morning people cannot be processed between 9a-1p, they'll get added in front of the line for the afternoon 4p-8p.
    • I won't limit the list size BUT this I have no control on the cycle time, Disney change of heart about how the previews are done or the generous MCers sharing of their time (after all, they may want to stop and go do something else instead of keeping on re-ride just to get people in and I won't blame anybody for that, I'm thrilled that they offered to get people there !)
    • I'll keep the list updated on Post#2 of this thread. Since I had a previous generic thread on this subject and had quite a few responses already, I contacted all of them and will add them to the list if they are interested. Of course, I'll give them priority since they asked a while longer but there will still be plenty of spots open!

If you have any questions, please PM me and I'll answer in the thread, update those rules, etc.

Thanks a million everybody,

and I would say Good Luck but in my experience, there is no such thing as luck
    Last edited by TreoFred; 05-27-2011 at 06:50 PM.

• Carbon based

Re: Star Tours Preview - Day 4 - A New Hope (for those who didn't win the lottery :)

Post #2 reserved for the list of people

Right now I'm just listing people that have responded, I'll re-update throughout. Also, since some people would rather do afternoon, I'm not grouping yet. Lastly, when people are asking for multiple tickets, I'm just listing them for as many times as they asked tickets for.

Thanks everybody.

------------The list so far-------------

• dsnyfn
    • dsnyfn
    • dsnyfn
    • bbrooke
    • bbrooke
    • Pan
    • Pan
    • liz
    • disneylandkitty
    • disneylandkitty
    Last edited by TreoFred; 05-27-2011 at 09:15 PM.

• ******** Gold Member

Re: Star Tours Preview - Day 4 - A New Hope (for those who didn't win the lottery :)

Yaaaaay!!!!!!! Star Tours Marathon!!!!!! A New Hope, indeed! Thank you SO much for your generosity in planning and implementing this fun event, TreoFred. You should be moved up to "Very Helpful" or whatever comes after that. I'm very excited. See you all on Saturday

• Carbon based

Thanks for the kind words ChEars! It's a group effort really

• Carbon based

Still a lot of available spots for tomorrow if APs want to ride Star Tours through the preview.

I guess between the soft opening and the previous AP days, everybody on the site that wanted to see it has already seen it which is great news. If not, PM me!

If there's a lot of available space left (like we have now), that'll probably mean we have multiple ride time for people on the list and wont have to do the complex Twitter communication thing tomorrow.

Cheers

I'm still hoping to snag 3 spots on June 1st - if anyone with extra spots are going then!

I hope all of you have a Magical day tomorrow!

Jeri

• Carbon based

Hi Jeri,

yes, you're on the list on my other post for the sharing but since neither of them are stickied (I don't think I can sticky them, it would have to be done by a moderator), they keep falling further down.

Sad since they're temporary: as soon as June 1st roll along, both of those threads could be dropped.

Hopefully somebody comes to your rescue by June 1st but otherwise let me know, I'll see what I can do for you.

Do you know if you can only do June 1st or is May 31st also an option? Are you looking at morning or afternoon on the 1st?

Thanks

The girls are skipping school to go and the only day that works for both of their schedules is June 1. We always arrive very early (belly up to that rope!) and stay for most of the day, so either morning or evening would work Great!

Fred - I just have to thank you again for all the hard work you have put into this! I believe in Karma and I believe that you and all the generous folks who are so kindly sharing not only their tickets, but their time as well to total strangers - will be rewarded in the future when you least expect it! :-)

No worries if we don't get on - we'll try! But I just think it's Great that so many have; thanks to you and the others on this forum. I really wish we could go tomorrow and join the group - it would feel very special indeed.

Have fun!

Jeri

• Carbon based

Aaah... Don't mention it

Ok, June 1st, in the morning.

I'm 99.9% sure you'll get in... If I were you, I'd like those odds

I'll do my best to keep both this thread and the other one alive until the previews are over. I just saw somebody in the Star Tours review thread that was disappointed he wouldn't be able to ride tomorrow (Saturday) because there wouldn't be soft openings...

...well technically, the way we're trying to do it, if you have an AP tomorrow, it'll be a soft opening!

Cheers

• Carbon based

Everybody

- if your name is on the list I'll be sending you PM/emails shortly with information on how we will proceed tomorrow. For all the people with non Premium AP on this list, we have enough slots to get you in so 'welcome'

- if your name is not on the list but you are an AP and would like to do the Star Tours Preview tomorrow, you can still PM me. Since we have more seats than we really need it seems, we will probably do some re-riding marathon through most of the day

Thanks to all that have been/are participating !

Awesome!!!

Liz

• Carbon based

Everybody on the list should have PM now. Please check and contact me accordingly!

Cheers guy and see you tomorrow (hoping the ride has been repaired/is running again!)

• ******** Gold Member

*bumping to top, hopefully* Come join us today ~ Saturday, May 28!!!