Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: And now for the next great dark ride at the Disneyland Resort...

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Know whats funny? I have had the VHS movie of it (still do) since I was little and still never seen it.
    This is you now:

This is you while pressing play:

This is you during the movie as you slowly realize what you've been missing all these years:

This is you for the rest of your life after Mary Poppins:

Okay, slight exaggeration. But seriously.... movie night for you sometime soon! I honestly think this is some of Julie Andrews' and Dick Van Dyke's best work. I'm still impressed by what Disney was capable of even back then in combining live action and animation.

• Insomniac

I still feel that the area where Monsters inc. is now needs to have a connection with Walt. GMR has no connection with Walt and I don't think the above mentioned ideas would either. Disneyland has Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Disney World has Hall of the Presidents, ect. Walt never placed a foot inside WDW and yet because he was part of the early planning process it has a distinctive feel to it much like Disneyland. I feel like if Disney wants this to have more of a connection with Walt they should replace it with a ride that accesses many of the ideas Walt wanted to incorporate into the parks but was never able to. Walt's vision of EPCOT never happened. Many of Walt's greatest ideas were never brought to life due to lack of technology, funds, or, in many cases, because they were not realistic. I'm sure there are rides that were never built that could be created to help bring some Disney to the park. I just don't see GMR as being a way to incorporate a Walt Disney touch.

I feel like this needs to happen to all of DCA but most especially Hollywoodland. It does not necessarily have to be a ride. An exhibit showcasing props from many live action films that Walt worked on. An exhibit in the animation building showing many of Walt's earliest animation he worked on/ a showcase of classic cartoons that Walt helped to create/ a complete overhaul of the animation building to only include Walt's early animation. Turtle talk with Crush could be turned into an interactive experience for many of Walt's more iconic cartoons such as Oswald, Clarabell, Horace, and of course Mickey. Their could be an exhibit located on the backside of CCT that showed original sketches, animation, ect. that went into the creation of Walt's first feature film "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." I know many people will hate my ideas but i have always said that DCA just doesn't have the same feeling as Disneyland/ Disney World. It feels out of place and park of the reason is that it was not done up to the standards that Walt set with Disneyland. It also lacks a distinct Walt feel that Disneyland is full of. Sorry if you hate these ideas but they are just ideas...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I'm with DLRaddict, I have no desire for a GMR at DCA and wonder why so many people want one. I don't know about the all Disney idea either, there was a reason that Disney chose to use MGM movies, Disney's live action roster, outside of Mary and a couple others, just isn't that compelling. Plus, for as nice of a ride that GMR is in terms of the size of the sets and AA's, having randomly connected scenes just doesn't really make for that great of an experience. I don't know, it's really not one of my favorite attractions.
    I'm thinking of a Great Movie ride but with no guide more of a "dark ride" where you load up and go though rides like Mary Poppins, 20,000 leagues, Swiss Robins, Davy Crockett class movies (fits the new Hollywoodland theme) could be fun to have old classic be reborn for a new audience

• Future Imagineer

^But that's the exact reason I don't think it fits the theme. Going through those movies that have no connection might fit a studio theme, but not 1920's/30's Hollywood.

• Jedi Knight

I feel like the whole backlot where MI and Muppets are is really dead. You have that whole stage area where Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Live was located and nothing. Besides TRON at night, I feel like that area needs to have more things going on? As far as a Dark Ride, I feel like Aladdin would be a great one... I know the play should be leaving soon and a dark ride of it would be a great replacement. I'm liking the Great Movie ride though, I feel like California Adventure is somewhat a baby version of DHS?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^only TOT fits the theme then.....so you want Aladdin, Monsters Inc, the Animation Studio, play house Disney and Muppets to be closed down then?

Lets be realistic with the theme here....you have a movie studio with older movies WHO cares if they are from the 40's/50's? It still fits the whole Hollywood/studio theme

Are Pooh and Song of the South based in the same year? What about Pirates and HM, Matterhorn and Peter Pan? Star Tours and Nemo? No you have a basic theme and stick to it...no need to go over board with dates its a theme park not a Museum that has exhibits based on what year it is

• Goofy

beauty and the beast would be good.

I would absolutely love to see a Fox & The Hound ride fit into Critter Country. It has the same Southern feel as Critter country sans Winnie The Pooh (which I really don't think fits at all) and, in my opinion, is one of the best stories in the Disney library.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I'm thinking of a Great Movie ride but with no guide more of a "dark ride" where you load up and go though rides like Mary Poppins, 20,000 leagues, Swiss Robins, Davy Crockett class movies (fits the new Hollywoodland theme) could be fun to have old classic be reborn for a new audience
    I understand where you're coming from, and those are good movies, but Swiss Family Robinson and Crockett just aren't that popular these days. But I'm just not a fan of randomly combining different scenes, but that's just my personal preference.

But I don't think that those movies fit the new theme that well just because they're older. In reality those are all movies from after the era that the new Hollywood Land is meant to depict. So they really only fit in the sense that it's Hollywood and they are movies.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

I think the whole Maliboomer park and backstage area would be a great space for a Mystic Manor 2.0 made for DCA. I think that would be a great Phase 2 dark ride.

• Infinitized!

I really think Home on the Range needs a dark ride on Tomorrowland, and Mars Needs Moms should get one in Critter Country...

• film975

Why do some people on here keep pushing for a spook house when one of the many criticisms of DCA was that it had too many carnival rides? I actually like the idea of a Great Movie type ride but with classic Disney films. The only problem is that Hollywood Land (formerly Hollywood Pictures Backlot) doesn't have enough space for a ride that size. But some kind of new attraction needs to go in there.

One thing I look forward to seeing on Buena Vista Street is the younger version of the partners statue.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^only TOT fits the theme then.....so you want Aladdin, Monsters Inc, the Animation Studio, play house Disney and Muppets to be closed down then?

Lets be realistic with the theme here....you have a movie studio with older movies WHO cares if they are from the 40's/50's? It still fits the whole Hollywood/studio theme

Are Pooh and Song of the South based in the same year? What about Pirates and HM, Matterhorn and Peter Pan? Star Tours and Nemo? No you have a basic theme and stick to it...no need to go over board with dates its a theme park not a Museum that has exhibits based on what year it is
    So based on that logic we should put a Tangled ride in Tomorrowland. That makes perfect sense. Aladdin fits the theme because it is a Broadway type show, the subject matter just happens to be Aladdin. Same with Disney Animation. It's a small animation studio on a Hollywood street, where they make Disney movies. And about your comment on Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion, they both take place in the mid to late 1800's which is where the adventure starts, where it takes you is a completely different thing.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Why do some people on here keep pushing for a spook house when one of the many criticisms of DCA was that it had too many carnival rides?
    That wasn't the criticism. It was that it had too many off the shelf rides. A spook house, trackless ride would definitely not be off the shelf.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    So based on that logic we should put a Tangled ride in Tomorrowland. That makes perfect sense. Aladdin fits the theme because it is a Broadway type show, the subject matter just happens to be Aladdin. Same with Disney Animation. It's a small animation studio on a Hollywood street, where they make Disney movies. And about your comment on Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion, they both take place in the mid to late 1800's which is where the adventure starts, where it takes you is a completely different thing.
    And the Great Movie ride is a movie studio......works just as well as an Anmation Studio with you drawing characters from the 50's-90's, a projected Turtle and movis based stuff from movies in the 90's......

Just saying if the Animation Building fits so can the Great Movie ride, most shows/rides dont fit the Hollywoodland theme 100% nor should they Good Idea's that Mostly fit theme should always put in like Star Tours.

Like I said before Fantasyland its a land with MANY different time periods and it works, Adventureland also takes place in different times Jungle Cruise is not the same time period as Indy...who cares?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast