Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for some expert advice

I've been to Disneyland many times. But there is so much that I want to do in just a one day visit, that I thought I'd take it to the board and seek advice...

I'm going by myself on either Saturday June 25 or Sunday June 26. I'll be in town for business and can only spare one day. And there are so many new things I want to do that I'm overwhelmed. So can you give me a little bit of expert advice on how I get them all done? I'll be there from opening to closing (or close to it).

On the must do list:
    Star Tours, Little Mermaid, Soundsational, World of Color, Pixar Parade and Fantasmic.

I'll figure out how best to schedule in my "favorite" attractions, but what do you think is the best game plan for me to get my MUST DOs accomplished? Any help would be great. Thanks.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Looking for some expert advice

Disneyland Park Opening:
    - Head to Star Tours, grab a Fast Pass, and/ or go on Star Tours

Disney California Adventure Park Opening:
    - Grab a Fast Pass for World Of Color
    - Go on Little Mermaid
    - Catch the Pixar Parade

Back to Disneyland:
    - Soundsational
    - Fireworks
    - After fireworks, 9:45 ish, head to the ROA to stake a spot for the 10:30 P.M showing of Fantasmic!
    NOTE: You MUST leave IMMEDIATELY after the fireworks to get a close spot, or hang around the Rivers Of America, then swoop in as the fireworks end.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Become part of MY world!

Btw, PPP is not running until around november.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

^ Seconded! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't think you're going to be able to do Fantasmic! and World of Color. Also, the Pixar Parade isn't the Pixar Play Parade of the past; there is a Pixar Pals show that occurs on Hollywood Boulevard, but it wouldn't qualify (in my mind) as a parade. If you are prioritizing Fantasmic! over World of Color I'd just slightly amend The Disney Ninja's plan:

Disneyland Park Opening:
    - Head to Star Tours, grab a Fast Pass, and/or go on Star Tours
    - Stay in DL until slightly before DCA opening.

Disney California Adventure Park Opening:
    - Go on Little Mermaid first thing
    - Lunch at DCA
    - Catch the Pixar Pals show *maybe if you still want to see it*

Back to Disneyland:
    - Soundsational
    - Fireworks
    - Go to the 10:30 P.M showing of Fantasmic!

I'm an open-to-close girl myself..... so I sympathize. Have a blast!!!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Yes, FYI, Pixar Pals in A LOT different than the Pixar Play Parade.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• -

First thing, call Disney Dining and book a world of color dining package. This way you can see world of color without worrying about getting a fastpass because it comes with one.

Next your first stop at Disneyland should be getting a fastpass for star tours. If the line is small, ride the ride once then again later when the fastpass time comes. Stick to rides in the in the area to avoid excess walking. Once another fastpass is available go get it and stick to rides in this general area.

If you stick to this general strategy, you should be able to maximize your visit.

• The Pumpkin King

Its up to you really. If you want to do everything in 1 day. Then you might be able to just on everything just once. (Consider wait times). For shows, its up to you if you want to see them really, or skip them and take advantage of the shorter lines to get some extra rides in.

• Minion

The only think I would add it to do it on Sunday rather than Saturday. Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    The only think I would add it to do it on Sunday rather than Saturday. Have a great day!
    This is the only thing that I would disagree with. On Saturday most AP holders are blocked out. I'd go on Saturday.

I've done World of Color from the reserved section, fireworks in front of the castle and then Fantasmic sitting in front of the fence all in one night and it totally can be done but you have to move quick!! I was there all by myself that day and it was a pretty epic day actually.

One tip that others have not mentioned here is that after fireworks when you head to rivers of america for Fantasmic, go through Adventureland. If you go through the Frontierland gates, they hold incoming traffic near where the Mark Twain dock is and they won't let you through untill the area has cleared out a little bit. If you go thorugh adventureland you will have to fight the oncoming crowd but at least you can weave your way through, especially since you're alone.

Thanks for all the advice. It sounds like I'm going to get a picnic meal for the first WOC showing and then high tail it over to catch Fantasmic. It's going to be a day of a lot of back and forth! But can't wait.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Wear comfortable shoes!!!!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    Yeah, Sundays are generally busier than Saturdays.

Like someone said above, call Disney Dining - book a WoC dining package. Get to Disneyland at opening, and book it over to Star Tours to get a Fastpass for later in the day. From there I would try to hit all of the "big" rides that have FP that will have longer lines later - IJA, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, Thunder Mountain, etc. From there I would try to get on a few rides before DCA opens.

I would then anticipate going to DCA as soon as the gates open and getting on The Little Mermaid. You may be able to hit this one more than once depending on how early you get there as the line moves pretty quickly. Since you won't have to worry about WoC Fastpasses you can get on some of the rides at DCA while you wait for the parades to start. Don't forget, California Screamin', ToT, and Soarin' Over California all of FP's as well.

Have fun and don't forget to have some popcorn!

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. It sounds like I'm going to get a picnic meal for the first WOC showing and then high tail it over to catch Fantasmic. It's going to be a day of a lot of back and forth! But can't wait.
    I sent you a private message, but maybe you didn't get it, so let me give you some ideas

Get to the park 15 minutes before park opens
    Remember you are by yourself so you can use the Single Rider option to your benefit. AKA no need for a Fastpass on certain attractions.
    Call the Dine number and order the WOC lunch ahead of time

Not sure what time your lunch will be at, but here is what I would do:

8am-930am: Fastpass for Star Tours, Ride Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr, Mr. Toad, Pinnochio, and Snow White, Fastpass for Space Mtn, ride Matterhorn
    945 - 1130am: Ride Big Thunder, Pirates, Mansion, Single Rider for Splash Mtn, Single Rider Indy, Get 2nd Fastpass for Star Tours
    Head to DCA
    Get Fastpass for Screamin
    Lunch around 1145
    1230 - 230pm:Ride mermaid, Single Rider for Goofy if its open, Symphony Swings, Toy story Mania, Use FP for Screamin
    230pm-330pm: Single Rider Grizzly, Single Rider Soarin
    Head to Disneyland
    4pm - 445pm: Get a spot on Main Street for the 4pm Soundsational Parade. Don't worry if you are running late because the parade starts near Small World at 4pm and takes about 15 minutes to get near Main Street
    5pm - 6pm: Use first FP for Star Tours, Use FP for Space Mtn, Use 2nd FP for Star Tours
    6pm - 7pm Dinner at DCA or DL
    Head to DCA
    7pm - 8pm: See Bugs 3D, Ride ride Tower of Terror, walk through Electronica
    8pm Get in your area for World of Color.

As soon as WOC is over head to DL and you should be fine to get a good spot for the 1030pm Fantasmic show.

Check out my site for more tips and information. Email me if you need too. Have fun
    Mouse Expedition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast