Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• -

Why is nothing being done to Indy to celebrate Raiders 30th?

Ok, so next month marks the landmark 30th anniversary of one of the greatest films of all time, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Shouldn't something be done on the ride to commemorate the occasion? I mean if they are not going to take it offline for almost a year for a total redesign like Star Tours, at least they can get all the props and effects working again, right?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Re: Why is nothing being done to Indy to celebrate Raiders 30th?

Wow, is it really the 30th anniversary?? Wow, I am getting old lol. I'm even the same age Harrison Ford was when he first played Indy!

Anyway, sorry, I wouldnt really expect anything. The ride is just based on the Indy universe, not the film itself. When Star Wars turned 30, did they do anything special for ST? So, you can only hope they fix the effects and stuff, but one shouldnt need a major anniversary to do that anyway.

• The Pumpkin King

Off topic but how about the refurb the ride

• -

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Wow, is it really the 30th anniversary?? Wow, I am getting old lol. I'm even the same age Harrison Ford was when he first played Indy!

Anyway, sorry, I wouldnt really expect anything. The ride is just based on the Indy universe, not the film itself. When Star Wars turned 30, did they do anything special for ST? So, you can only hope they fix the effects and stuff, but one shouldnt need a major anniversary to do that anyway.
    So if Indy is going to parallel Star Tours, I guess we will have to wait until the 34th anniversary.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    I would love this. A TOTAL refresh of the ride would be fantastic. Obviously they can't redesign it, but new scenes would be awesome.
    Class of 2005...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    Actually, your not too off topic. At the end of my original post, I said at the very least they should get all the props and effects working again, so I guess that would be a refurb.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

They just added the Indy Animatronic's a year ago.....just saying its not like the ride has not been touched in years. My guess is maybe some new Merchandise in adventure land for his 30th (pins and toys and T shirts) but lets be honest here the Indy movies are not "profitable" as a new Pirates movie so the ride its self wont get an update like How Pirates got Black Beard for the summer.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    I would love this. A TOTAL refresh of the ride would be fantastic. Obviously they can't redesign it, but new scenes would be awesome.
    Yup. What they need to do is get a new and much better working effect for the rat scene

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, your not too off topic. At the end of my original post, I said at the very least they should get all the props and effects working again, so I guess that would be a refurb.
    True

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    They just added the Indy Animatronic's a year ago.....just saying its not like the ride has not been touched in years. My guess is maybe some new Merchandise in adventure land for his 30th (pins and toys and T shirts) but lets be honest here the Indy movies are not "profitable" as a new Pirates movie so the ride its self wont get an update like How Pirates got Black Beard for the summer.
    That may be true, but the ride needs more than just new Indy AA's.

They need to fix the effects in the Queue

Add new or better effects and fix the ones that dont work and upgrade them if possible upgrade them

Upgrade the EMV's so they dont break down as often

Fix the headlights

Fix the Chamber of Destiny

Fix the soundtrack so it doesnt skip

Give the snake more movement.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    but lets be honest here the Indy movies are not "profitable" as a new Pirates movie so the ride its self wont get an update like How Pirates got Black Beard for the summer.
    Actually, if you compare box office numbers, even the poorly received Indy 4 has made almost 800 million worldwide. Compare that to pirates 4 which is at just over 500 million.

• The Pumpkin King

Actually, if you compare box office numbers, even the poorly received Indy 4 has made almost 800 million worldwide. Compare that to pirates 4 which is at just over 500 million.
    Pirates are cool, but that just goes to show you that Dr. Jones is just Epic.

I mean, how cool would it be to have a part time teacher that goes off on Adventure's fighting bad guys, getting into gun fights with Nazies and almost gets crushed by a boulder and a whole bunch of other stuff? Thats one bad ___ teacher!

Ok maybe that was a ignorant/arrogant comment, but still lol.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

No no no I;m not saying the Indy movies dont make money BUT RIGHT NOW...there is no new movie...or rerelease the movies so there is nothing to make money so for now we'll have to wait another year or two for an upgrade....

Especially with the new Projections effect they can add some new life to the ride if they wanted to as they fix the old effects too.

• Infinitized!

I said it all along... the ride needs a lead-lined fridge!

• Johnny and Me!

^ And a loop!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast