Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disneyland Grad Nite Tips

So I am going with my high school to grad nite on Thursday (the 2nd), and I was wondering if anyone who has been recently (preferably within the last couple of years) has any tips? I know there have been posts about this before, but they all seemed a bit dated. I don't get to go down to Disneyland that often (this will be my fourth time to CA Disneyland) and I really want to make the most of the night.

A few questions would be...
    - How long have you experienced wait times to be? Are the dark rides generally pretty unpopular?
    - One of my friends will be in a wheelchair (she has a broken foot - she can walk but shouldn't for that long). Is there a special entrance she would use for the rides and will they let a large group stay with her?

I think that's it, any advice would be welcome!

Re: Disneyland Grad Nite Tips

This is a great thread because I'm going on my Grad Nite too!! June 9th is mine. I have some questions too... like which rides are closed? and how crowded is it and if it is even worth it?

• The Pumpkin King

Well from a friend of mine who went (Im graduating from a "continuation school" so I would have to go with my previous high school, but cant because I wasnt informed when tickets were on sale BAH!. Anyways, my friend who went said that its VERY crowded and that the only place that isnt open is Toontown.

But who needs grad night when you're going for 3 days?
    Last edited by White Bones; 05-29-2011 at 12:39 PM.

it all depends on the date your school attends. some dates will have ten schools, other dates as many as 35. I can promise you that space mountain will have the longest wait time (at least 2 hours)

also for wheelchairs, a cast member will guide you to the specific entrance, if applicable. As a reminder, it will not be a pass to immediate boarding, and if there is too large of a group they may ask you to split the party to board.

Basic grad nite rules would be not to drink, do drugs, questionable acts, etc. (you wouldnt believe the things we catch people doing)

CMs are working long hours during the grad nite weeks, usually leaving work that morning around 5 and coming back to work around 2 in the afternoon. (As well as for many of them it is finals week during school, which adds onto more stress) Please be nice to cast members working, even if they look very exhausted or frustrated, they still want you to have fun that night and will do what they can to make the night awesome for you.

other than that, have fun! Its a really awesome night to be a part of and congratulations on graduating!

• Minion

you still have to go to school the next day. good luck walking the tram route when you leave.

depending on ur ticket, you can go to ca adventures before for 2 hours. idk

I am not the type of teenager that does drugs or drinks so I won't be doing any of that and neither will my friends, but I know people will be doing it and it just really annoys me because they are at DISNEYLAND and they don't respect that. I wish teens could learn how to have fun without breaking rules.

Thanks for the quick replies! Does anyone have any specific tips about rides... like which rides are the least crowded, what are the best times to ride the popular ones (ie Space Mountain). I know I can't do everything, but I would like to do the most I can since I know it'll be a while until I get to go back to Disneyland (and I am obsessed with it). Only having like 6 hours in the park is really frustrating.

Oh, and I am going to Blast Off in CA before, so any info regarding that would be great.

Oh, by the way, I don't have to go to school the next day. I live in Northern California so that would be impossible. ^^

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by jon328 View Post
    I am not the type of teenager that does drugs or drinks so I won't be doing any of that and neither will my friends, but I know people will be doing it and it just really annoys me because they are at DISNEYLAND and they don't respect that. I wish teens could learn how to have fun without breaking rules.
    They just want to go to celebrate. Most of them dont't really care if its Disneyland or not.

It would be cool to go, but I dont think I would want to be around more teenagers than I alread have been around at school. Most of them annoy me because of the way they act. Also I dont wanna pay 100 bucks when I have an AP.

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    They just want to go to celebrate. Most of them dont't really care if its Disneyland or not.

It would be cool to go, but I dont think I would want to be around more teenagers than I alread have been around at school. Most of them annoy me because of the way they act. Also I dont wanna pay 100 bucks when I have an AP.
    i'm only paying 70 for mine :P
    but we are not going to the blast off in dca

• The Pumpkin King

i'm only paying 70 for mine :P
    but we are not going to the blast off in dca
    Not bad, about as much as a single day price. But for my school district, we have to pay 100. I WOULD have gone if my school had called me and let me know that tickets to go with my previous school were for sale. But nope, they did not.

See, Grad Nite is only part of my senior trip to southern CA that my entire senior class goes on. We have two days after it doing other things. But I would be happier if it was all Disneyland. :P

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by KP42400 View Post
    See, Grad Nite is only part of my senior trip to southern CA that my entire senior class goes on. We have two days after it doing other things. But I would be happier if it was all Disneyland. :P
    I live in southern california. And thats a senior trip only and I graduated as a super senior lol. So my Disneyland trip that im making up calling it "my senior graduation trip" is before my graduations day on the 5th and on the 3 days after graduation day im gonna be there

You know what sucks about my grad nite?? It's the SAME night as my graduation so that means we have our ceremony and like an hour later we have to be at the gym to get on buses
    -____________-

• Berm Buster

The dance floors are located in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, Tomorrowland Terrace, that area to the right of Big Thunder (sorry I don't have a specific name for it... like near the restaurant), and in front of "it's a small world."

I just went this past Thursday and what worked for me was that I avoided all of the attractions I would normally go on (Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, etc.) For example, Space Mountain had a 200 minute wait.

I mostly hung around Fantasyland all night hitting all of the attractions there (except for Casey Jr. and Storybook Canals because they were closed). It had actually been a long time since I went on the dark rides, Dumbo and the Carrousel so I very much enjoyed my night.

One thing is, to access Fantasyland, you have to either take the Thunder Mountain trail or the entrance from the Matterhorn, Tomorrowland etc. because the Castle's entrance is blocked by a stage and a dance floor. Also, there are two sets of firework performances at around 1am and 3am so Fantasyland closes down for that. What's cool is that I got to Fantasyland right as they were reopening because of the fireworks and I was able to get to Peter Pan as a walk on (yes even Peter Pan has a mild wait during Grad Nite... maybe 20 minutes?)

Also if your feet get tired, stop on by Captain EO or take the train around Disneyland a few times (the Cast members do however say on the train no lying down for sleeping lol).

Haunted Mansion's line was manageable when I went on it clocking in at around 20 minutes. Other than that, I didn't ride any other attractions so I would not be able to offer you tips on those.

And as always, don't do the 5 hour energy drink. You'll just crash. I just ran on sheer will power unlike my friends who tried that method. :P

Well hope that helped. If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer.

• The Pumpkin King

You know what sucks about my grad nite?? It's the SAME night as my graduation so that means we have our ceremony and like an hour later we have to be at the gym to get on buses
    -____________-
    Dang that sucks lol. Hey, but thats awesome way to celebrate your graduation ceremony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast